We just returned from a fantastic long weekend at Villa del Palmar Loreto at Dazante Bay. We have vacationed in Cabo San Lucas 2x in the past and for us the Loreto area is truly Baja’s best. Absolutely, beautiful scenery. The Sea of Cortez/Golf of Mexico is pristine, clear and very rich with Marine Life. The Islands are Bird Sanctuaries and there is good snorkeling with lots of fish. The beaches on Coronado Island are amazing. Fine white sand and crystal clear turquoise water. Loreto town is clean, quaint and very friendly with a pretty Sea Front Malecon. Several neat looking restaurants and cute hotels. The locals are so welcoming and friendly and you truly feel like they are happy that you came to visit. The small airport is very modern, clean, and efficient and the new terminal is only 3 years old. Great nonstop flights from LAX on Alaska Airlines.
Now to Villa del Palmar. Beautiful hotel in a natural stunning location. On its own Bay – Dazante Bay a 40 minute drive from Loreto. You reach the hotel on a well graded dirt road which we were told will be paved within the next year. For us the dirt road actually added the feeling of getting away from it all and thought it was fun. We booked our transfer through the Hotel and were picked up in a nice Shuttle Bus from the Airport. The return transfer was with another couple in a luxury SUV. On arrival we were greeted with welcome cocktail and check-in was very friendly and quick. All the employees at the resort are so friendly and service is perfect. We booked the Deluxe Suite and since I had asked in advance to be on a high floor with good Bay Views we got Suite #3630B in Building 3 on the 6th (top) floor which was a perfect location. The views were so beautiful from our Suite. You could be in bed and see the whole bay, islands and mountains and you even could see it from the bathroom. The beds are very comfortable with good pillows. Overall the whole suite was very nice. We had a large terrace with 2 very comfortable padded lounges. We also had a well stocked Kitchenette which was nice to have. Good Flat Screen TV. The only negatives where that the Deluxe Suite is the lock-off unit of the 1 Bedroom Suite and there is a connecting Door in your room that has no insulation whatsoever. You can hear every little noise from next door. For example our neighbors got up early at 6:00 AM and we could hear them prepare their coffee in the kitchen and it sounded like they were in our room. I am sure they could hear us the same way. No privacy….! A big pet peeve for us. We wish they would come up with some solution to this issue. Now if you are in a 1 Bedroom Unit this is probably not so bad because you will only have this connecting door in your Living Room/Kitchen area and the bedroom will be private and most likely quiet. The other thing was there is no table and chairs for eating. We would have liked at least a small table with 2 chairs in the room or at least on the terrace so you could have your breakfast or other little meals there since our suite had the kitchenette. Otherwise we really loved this resort. Beautiful pools that look like turtles from above. 3 nice restaurants, Bars by the pool and also down at the pretty beach. Every evening they have some different entertainment at the Market Restaurants. We had fun at the Mexican Night with Buffet one night. The outdoor Mia Casa Restaurant even has a wood oven and in the evening they have good pizza and the famous Loreto Chocolate Clams. All our meals were really good and so was breakfast. We really liked our time at the beach because it felt so pristine. With Pelicans all around us fishing while we were in the ocean with them. The ocean is crystal clear and a very nice temperature this time of year. We were told it only rains every 3-4 years here. Very comfortable dry climate with temps in the high 90’s. There are lots of padded lounges at the beach and umbrellas unlimited towels everywhere and good beach bar service. Same around the pools. Lots of padded lounges, lots of fresh towels. You never have to worry about not finding a spot. We really liked the well groomed hiking trails that take you up into the hills and there was a cute little nightclub in a Palapa Structure high up above the resort with amazing views. They take you there from the Lobby in shuttles. We walked back to the resort on a full moon night. Really nice. It’s part of the resort. There is also a market that has everything needed from sunscreen, to milk and t-shirts. Sure more expensive than a market in town but very convenient. There are free shuttles 3x per day that take you to Loreto town (40 minute drive) You are not stuck at the resort. And the Spa looked really nice as well but we did not have time for that on our short trip. We did the Wild Loreto Boat/Snorkeling Tour to Coronado Island and highly recommend it. This was a great day out in the Sea of Cortez, good snorkeling and time on a very beautiful pristine white sand beach with the most amazing water. Lots of interesting birds and friendly Pelicans that followed us around. Our guide Ramses was great and very knowledgeable about fauna, flora and sea life. We had such a great day! We did not want to come home, leave those amazing views and laid-back friendly ambiance. We are already talking about a future trip to Villa del Palmar in a year or so and we will spend a whole week next time. And we would probably rent a car so we can explore more. It felt very save in the whole Loreto area and the roads are just fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're seeking a place that defines luxury, look no further than the Villa Group Resort's newest shining-star resort in this amazing Baja village. The hotel epitomizes luxury within a small town while also offering complete privacy and every modern touch. The perfect place for everyone from honeymooners to large families.The resort features 4,447 acres of unspoiled beauty. Boasting three restaurants and 20,000 square feet of turtle-shaped pools, Villa Del Palmar is minutes away from Downtown Islands of Loreto, extraordinary beaches, and world class golf courses.Our restaurants are not limited to just extraordinary Mexican food; featuring restaurants that serve delicious steaks to fine Italian food that tempts every palate. You can even cook up dinner your own room in the private "gourmet chef's kitchen". Naturally, all the amenities that guests of the Villa Group Resorts have come to expect are here too. Send your wife to the spa to enjoy a signature Islands of Loreto-massage, or join your children on an outdoor sports-fishing adventure. Whatever you're in the mood for, it is here waiting for you. See, although Islands of Loreto was actually the first Spanish settlement on the Baja California Peninsula, it will be the last place you'll ever want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at The Islands of Loreto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa At The Islands Of Loreto Hotel Loreto
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa At The Islands Of Loreto