In planning this trip we had a difficult time deciding to stay here or in town. We are glad that we chose to stay here; we visited the town one day and were not impressed. There is not much to do there and the waterfront was bleak. We had dinner at the Mission Hotel and it was excellent.
This resort is 45 minutes out of town, so it really is a destination stay. We read various reviews about the resort and were slightly wary. It is a little odd that when you leave the highway you are on a gravel/dirt road that actually crosses a riverbed. Very bumpy. However, once you get to the resort, it is a different experience. The rooms are large with a full kitchen and top of the line appliances. The deck is large with great views of the bay. There is no in-room wifi, but you can get a signal from the wifi at the pool if you go to the deck railing. There is no Verizon cell service, but apparently ATT works.
The service at the pool and restaurants was dependable, but a little slow. Always very pleasant. The facility is very well maintained and you can see staff constantly working on it. The food was fairly good; there are two restaurants and food at the pool/beach outdoor facility.
The staff put on nightly shows with different themes that everyone seemed to enjoy. We liked the glow in the dark art that is on the walks out to the waterfront. The evening sky is full of stars.
All in all we had a great experience here and were not sorry we booked there. I most likely will not go back to Loreto however.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa At The Islands Of Loreto
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa At The Islands Of Loreto Hotel Loreto
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa At The Islands Of Loreto Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're seeking a place that defines luxury, look no further than the Villa Group Resort's newest shining-star resort in this amazing Baja village. The hotel epitomizes luxury within a small town while also offering complete privacy and every modern touch. The perfect place for everyone from honeymooners to large families.The resort features 4,447 acres of unspoiled beauty. Boasting three restaurants and 20,000 square feet of turtle-shaped pools, Villa Del Palmar is minutes away from Downtown Islands of Loreto, extraordinary beaches, and world class golf courses.Our restaurants are not limited to just extraordinary Mexican food; featuring restaurants that serve delicious steaks to fine Italian food that tempts every palate. You can even cook up dinner your own room in the private "gourmet chef's kitchen". Naturally, all the amenities that guests of the Villa Group Resorts have come to expect are here too. Send your wife to the spa to enjoy a signature Islands of Loreto-massage, or join your children on an outdoor sports-fishing adventure. Whatever you're in the mood for, it is here waiting for you. See, although Islands of Loreto was actually the first Spanish settlement on the Baja California Peninsula, it will be the last place you'll ever want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at The Islands of Loreto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.