We celebrated our 25th anniversay at the Villa Del Palmar Loreto, Mexico October 21 to October 28, 2011.via direct non stop service from L.A. friday to friday.
Marielia was instrumental assigning a ground floor room for us close to the restauants and beach as well as Ler Medina. Both were exceptionally professional.
We are time share owners and were pleased with their soft opening continuation.
The one bedroom suites are of course luxurious. I also appreciated managements decision to limit the number of guests during the soft start opening while the the details are refined.
Our room was needing some completion with the spa tub, which was attended to promptly.
This is a smaller luxury hotel, secluded along one of the protected Loreto Marine bays.
which to us VDP time share owners represents a guarantee that the beach bay will not be comprimised, protecting the small stingrays, sea turtles and other marine life. I will say that this is not a Cabo San Lucas envirionment.
The spa is under construction, but one could request a message and other services.
Bicycles are available, several trails leading to view the sea of cortez offer additional recreation as well as kayaks, snorkeling gear for rent. There are several snorkeling trips, etc that are conveniently docked in the bay, so one does not have to travel to Loreto (45 minutes) away. Also in the bay, Chocolate Clams are plentiful, some of our new friends collected bags and prepared in their suites. The staff offered to prepare also. Each afternoon the tide recessed so one could walk over to other beaches to see the bright pink, red and gray hermit crabs. Pelicans offer amusement "fishing" Another treat was viewing a palomino with four white stockings appear above one of the beaches grazing. One day on the beach three wild horses decided to say hello, but were promptly ran off by the security guards. We were not quick enough to enjoy observing a sea turtle that had layed its eggs on the beach, but most of the guests were able to view.,
We opted for the all inclusive meal plan which is $84.00 U.s. per person daily. We are from St Louis and found all of the meals and beverages comparable in price at VDP Loreto.
With the exchange rate of $13 pesos to $1.00 U.S., one might be better off not using the all inclusive plan...but if you enjoy wine with dinner and a few adult beverages in the afternoon, the all inclusive plan pays for itself, we opted adding an additional 15% gratiuty.
There are only two restaurants open currently. The market which serves breakfast until noon and reopens at 6:00 for fine dining.
Breakfast was a buffet two mornings offering omelettes, the remaining mornings ala carte. All of our breakfasts were cooked and served very well.
The Casa Mia is an open air beach front restaurant serving wood fired pizza's, fabulous shrimp coctails, real tacos, great hamburgers and Lobster nachos, etc. Chef Julio came to all of the tables and personally expressed his gratitude for us enjoying lunch.
The Market reopens at 6:00 pm serving fresh fish, lobster, which we had three times, fabulous lasagna and desserts...we had ice cream every night with a prailine tuille cup drizzled with caramel and raspberry sauces. We are foodies and more than recommend eating at the restrauants. Some of the guests opted to eat in Loreto, but most of the people we met returned to the VDP for meals.
The staff provides entertainment some nights, dancing, improvising, etc., but the most important comment on the shows are that each person truly enjoys interacting with the guests.
this is not broadway, but enjoyable.
Now for the staff which VDP management obvisously excels hiriing.
Ernesto, maite d'i or el capitan professional, always smiling greated us each morning, afternoon, evening.
Juan Gabriel, Omar, Jorge and the exceptional young man who served us our last night, were all over the top professional, always happy and made us feel geuinely appreciated as guests.
The Service from the time we arrived to leaving, we were treated like royalty.
Now, several of us jokingly said that we would write unflattering reviews because we do not want this spoiled...do not want this area to become a Cabo San Lucas, not that this is bad, but this area is truly a very laid back, Spa like retreat especially good for small children and families. the spa will be finished. if you go, be ready to RELAX...this is what we loved about it.
And also if you go and see the palimino raise a toast Viva El Loreto Bay Cabello..we will definely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're seeking a place that defines luxury, look no further than the Villa Group Resort's newest shining-star resort in this amazing Baja village. The hotel epitomizes luxury within a small town while also offering complete privacy and every modern touch. The perfect place for everyone from honeymooners to large families.The resort features 4,447 acres of unspoiled beauty. Boasting three restaurants and 20,000 square feet of turtle-shaped pools, Villa Del Palmar is minutes away from Downtown Islands of Loreto, extraordinary beaches, and world class golf courses.Our restaurants are not limited to just extraordinary Mexican food; featuring restaurants that serve delicious steaks to fine Italian food that tempts every palate. You can even cook up dinner your own room in the private "gourmet chef's kitchen". Naturally, all the amenities that guests of the Villa Group Resorts have come to expect are here too. Send your wife to the spa to enjoy a signature Islands of Loreto-massage, or join your children on an outdoor sports-fishing adventure. Whatever you're in the mood for, it is here waiting for you. See, although Islands of Loreto was actually the first Spanish settlement on the Baja California Peninsula, it will be the last place you'll ever want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at The Islands of Loreto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa At The Islands Of Loreto Hotel Loreto
- Villa Del Palmar Beach Resort And Spa At The Islands Of Loreto