“Great Place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Loreto
Salem, Oregon
“Great Place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Although the room was a bit out dated, it was clean and the bed was comfortable. Our room had an excellent view from the second floor deck. The grounds were amazing with a bar and separate indoor/outdoor restaurant that we ate at several times. The food was always fabulous and all of the staff were so kind to us. We were pleasantly surprised that four of the most beautiful, polite, friendly dogs lived on the premises. They kept us company through out our stay and helped us from getting too homesick for our critters at home. We walked everywhere from the motel yet it was a bit secluded from rest of the town. From the motel we could either walk on the beach or on the maleconn. The town of Loreto is charming and had so many good restaurants we didn't have time to try them all. No phone in the room (our cell phones didn't work here either), but the staff was kind enough to provide a "wake-up knock" on the door one morning when we had an early adventure to get up for. Thank you to the staff at Hotel Oasis for your hospitality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Springfield, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel is it sits right on the beach. Enjoy beautiful sunrises and sunsets just steps away from you room.Our room was quite large with two beds, a big dressing area, and a coffee maker. Outside seating area with bench. It also just a 5-7 minute walk to downtown. On the downside, while very clean, the room itself did not have much charm. They were repainting some of the rooms which looked to be a bit more 'colorful'. We did not eat at the resturant, but it looks very nice. At $109 this was the most expensive hotel on our trip. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
La Mesa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here many times, often with large (10-15) groups. The site on the water is hard to beat, nice clean rooms, good restaurant and bar.
OVER THE TOP SERVICE:
We needed to leave before the restaurant usually opened. All we had to was ask and they not only opened early, they prepped our food ahead of time for a quick turnaround. They also put together sack lunches so we could have lunch on the road. Good prices and customized meals are all part of the service at the Hotel Oasis.
DID I MENTION THAT WE HAD TO LEAVE EARLY?
We left so early that we left some of our luggage sitting outside of one of the rooms. Several hundred miles and 10 hours later we discovered our mistake. I called the hotel and told hotel manager Patricia about our problem. She verified that they had our missing luggage and she worked with me to get the missing pieces transported to us early the next morning. All arrived on time and undisturbed, delivered for a reasonable price. More kudos for the people at Hotel Oasis! We will always stay at the Oasis when in Loreto.

Stayed February 2013
Glendale, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This hotel is great for the traveling fishermen and sports folk that travel the Baja. It is cute and real Baja not a chain resort. Rooms are not luxury but very clean an adequite. Cost is reasonable. Resturant is excellent and will cook your catch for you. Good wfi . Service is good and most of the staff have worked there a long time. Good swimming pool with lush garden gret place to enjoy the afternoon.

Room Tip: Pick any room away from the bar or Malacone.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here in May of 2011 (not 12 as indicated below) We were here for the 1 night stop over of the General Tire/NORRA Mexican 1000 race.

Our room was in a block of upstairs rooms on the beach, not the ground floor accommodations which look a little nicer. It wasn't as nice as some of the pictures show. Overall nothing to really write home about. Clean enough, not overly clean though.

We went to their restaurant a little late that night and they kept the kitchen open to serve us which was great because we were exhausted after a long day of driving and racing. Food seemed like it was pretty good, but then again, we were tired.

I'd stay here again, though maybe not my first choice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Colorado Traveler
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here one night at the end of a sea kayaking trip in the Sea of Cortez in Nov 2012. The room was not ready until about an hour after checkin time, but there was a nice pool to hang out by while we waited. When we got into our room, it was nice and clean, but there was no hot water for showers. However, it was a bit warmer than the ocean water we had been bathing in for a week and morning showers were nice an hot. The meals we had at the restaurant were okay and the service was good all around. Location is good. On the beach and close to the main shopping area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here for one night because my usual hotel was booked. Hotel Oasis has a decent reputation and I'm sure it's fine most of the time, but I was here Saturday night, which unfortunately, meant super loud music (from the disco in the hotel) thumping through my room while I was trying to sleep. I asked to be moved to a quieter room and after some 30 minutes, a man showed me another room (further from the music). At first I was happy, because the disco music was much quieter; however, I soon realized that both my neighbors had their TV's on at a high volume which was very loud through the thin walls. The next thing I noticed was a funny smell to the room - maybe old cigar smoke? And then I realized the room next to me was occupied by what sounded like 10 or so teenagers having a party which meant lots of running and loud talking in the patio outside our rooms and much banging on the door and yelling.
Needless to say, I didn't sleep much and was very glad to get out of there the next day. The staff at Hotel Oasis should warn people who are booking for Saturday night about the disco music. I'm giving it two stars instead of one because the staff were all reasonably courteous.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room far away from the hotel disco.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Oasis? Share your experiences!