“Hotel Oasis” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Loreto
Colorado Traveler
“Hotel Oasis”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here one night at the end of a sea kayaking trip in the Sea of Cortez in Nov 2012. The room was not ready until about an hour after checkin time, but there was a nice pool to hang out by while we waited. When we got into our room, it was nice and clean, but there was no hot water for showers. However, it was a bit warmer than the ocean water we had been bathing in for a week and morning showers were nice an hot. The meals we had at the restaurant were okay and the service was good all around. Location is good. On the beach and close to the main shopping area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Woodland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here for one night because my usual hotel was booked. Hotel Oasis has a decent reputation and I'm sure it's fine most of the time, but I was here Saturday night, which unfortunately, meant super loud music (from the disco in the hotel) thumping through my room while I was trying to sleep. I asked to be moved to a quieter room and after some 30 minutes, a man showed me another room (further from the music). At first I was happy, because the disco music was much quieter; however, I soon realized that both my neighbors had their TV's on at a high volume which was very loud through the thin walls. The next thing I noticed was a funny smell to the room - maybe old cigar smoke? And then I realized the room next to me was occupied by what sounded like 10 or so teenagers having a party which meant lots of running and loud talking in the patio outside our rooms and much banging on the door and yelling.
Needless to say, I didn't sleep much and was very glad to get out of there the next day. The staff at Hotel Oasis should warn people who are booking for Saturday night about the disco music. I'm giving it two stars instead of one because the staff were all reasonably courteous.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room far away from the hotel disco.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Our room vibrated from the band at the bar until 2:30 AM. When my wife called to complain, they did stop. The bar had closed at 2:00 AM but the band seemed to go on with unabated enthusiasm. Location is great and breakfast at restaurant was fine. Room and bathroom could be spiffed up a bit.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Rialto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

My brother and I have stayed at the Oasis for many years now. The staff is the best and has always remained the best over the years. They go the extra mile to make your trip the best it can be. We will always remail loyal customers to the Oasis hotel and all there staff. Would not even cosider staying at any other hotel. The Ocean view rooms are the best in Loreto. The food at the resturant is very good, and all the staff treats you like family.
Thank you all again for a great trip as always.

Jerry and Jim Smith

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
mexicano viajero
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

This is a marvelous hotel,te rooms confortable an te sea in te door, te service s excelent and he rates ( 70 dlls) excelet, te almeja tatemada is a dream.

• Stayed July 2011
Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We just returned from our fishing trip and I'd recommend the Oasis to everyone. We were traveling with my 86 year old father and 12 year old nephew and we were all very happy staying at this oasis. All the beautiful palms planted throughout the property add to the charm of this oceanfront hotel. The support for fishing from this hotel is super, and so was the fishing. Great fishing coordinator Daniel works very hard to insure a great experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Pomona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Our first trip to Loreto at Hotel Oasis and it was such a memorable one. David and I had such a wonderful time. Everyone was so accomodating and helpful, especially Maria, the cleaning women. Especially Daniel and Capt. Franciso are one in a million. We hope to come back within the next two years. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family