I have stayed in this hotel three different times before this time, always, with friends who had dogs. I kept giving it the benefit of the doubt. We heard it had recently sold and was in transition. Well just forget it!
Now, they are no longer pet friendly. Upon our arrival they informed us, in a very direct way, that our labrodoodle was not allowed into the room. OK, we are now checked in, so the dog slept in the car.
The owners have no pride or interest in customer satisfaction and the staff has begun to cop an attitude. Worn out but clean room, not one amenity. No ice bucket, no TV reception, WI FI doesn't work. We went to the front desk and inquired how late the dining room was open. We were told 9:00 PM.
When we went to the dining room at 8:15 for dinner. The room was bare, in fact the entire place felt deserted. Spooky!
The dining room was empty so no problem finding a table. Our voices echoed! Our little waitress came to the table with an embarrassed smile. We asked "May we see a menu?" "There is no menu. On our menu tonight, we offer beef hamburgers, chicken breast and fish tacos." she said. OK, that kept it simple.
My husband had the chicken. I had the fish tacos. The chicken was $11.00. It was an $8.00 meal. My tacos would be $3.50, tops, at a taco stand and taste better. Pathetic! We tipped the waitress well for enduring this embarrassing experience.
Back to our room. The bed was hard as a rock. There was no hot water. The sheets were rough and worn as were the towels. I can't even describe how nasty the pillows were.
The only reason we have gone to this place was the pet friendly policy. Now that it no longer exists we will never return.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Inn At Loreto Hotel Loreto
- Desert Inn At Loreto Hotel
- Desert Hotel Loreto
- Loreto Desert Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Desert Inn (Hotel La Pinta Loreto) has 49 rooms, 29 are haciendas which is the regular standard room, two doubles beds, ocean front, cable tv, air conditioning, the Villas are upgraded rooms, with a fire place and more services, in our facilities we count with a salon spa, restaurant bar, swimming pool and what is more important great service to make your stay a lifetime memory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Desert Inn at Loreto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.