I stayed at Desert Inn as part of a fishing trip to Loreto in August.
The accommodation was basic but clean and adequate. Comfortable beds, clean bathroom. Tired and slightly tatty furniture. A nice balcony overlooking beach and sea, and cool to be picked up on the beach every morning to go fishing. But the lock on the french windows onto the balcony was broken so the room could not be secured. TV worked, but reception was very poor. Wifi in principle available, but I could never get it to connect on my iPad. Other facilities that you'd expect in a hotel in Mexico were missing - no kettle or drinks making facilities, no fridge, no drinking water available in the room. So basic, acceptable, but only barely adequte, accommodation.
What made the stay terrible was the service. I arrived with a room reserved and prepaid. I was told sorry we have no rooms available tonight, we are full (some local fishing competition), you'll have to find somewhere else to stay. No offer of help to find alternative accommodation. Could I then have a full refund for all the prepaid nights - no, only for tonight, we have rooms free later in the week and you can come back. So I found somewhere else (much better), but returned to Desert Inn. Three days later I came back after fishing to find no water in the bathroom. The receptionist said it will be back on at 3pm, so I had a siesta. At 4pm still no water. A different receptionist said it will be back on at 5; I replied why have you just said 6 to the couple in front of me who've also been complaining. Response, it might be 5, it might be 6 or manana. Do you know what the problem is; no. I moved hotel. Basic mesage I got from the staff was of no concept of customer service, no energy in resolving problems or concern for guest well being.
There are far better places to stay in Loreto.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Inn At Loreto Hotel Loreto
- Desert Inn At Loreto Hotel
- Desert Hotel Loreto
- Loreto Desert Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Desert Inn (Hotel La Pinta Loreto) has 49 rooms, 29 are haciendas which is the regular standard room, two doubles beds, ocean front, cable tv, air conditioning, the Villas are upgraded rooms, with a fire place and more services, in our facilities we count with a salon spa, restaurant bar, swimming pool and what is more important great service to make your stay a lifetime memory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, MexVax, Tingo, HotelsClick and Orbitz so you can book your Desert Inn at Loreto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.