“Takes the cake” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Takes the cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Beautiful location, delicious food, wonderful food presentation and detail oriented service were the key reasons my husband and I said "I do" at La Picazon. Being from a big city, Los Angeles we had plenty of choices for a wedding location, but La Picazon was our choice. Between both my husband and I we've been to many weddings and none of them ever served nearly the same delicious dinner and wedding cake such as ours. Thanks to Alejandro and his wife for making our special day very special and memorable. We will be back again.

Seattle, Washington
“Delicious food and views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My friend and I made our way out to this remote restaurant, at times skeptical that it existed due to the rugged road. We arrived to find a type of luxury that is best characterized as informal and stylish. The food was carefully prepared with both delicate and bold flavors. It made us very happy to have made it here. One of the highlights of our trip to Loreto. Well worth the trip out here.

JACKSON
“Like no other!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

You drive across open range on a dirt road - in the middle of no where. Very small wooden signs lead you to La Picazon. All alone on the sea of cortez. Kayaks sit on the beach for your use. Plan to stay awhile. Alajandro and his wife welcome you with open arms. Open dining and kitchen with unbelieveable views.

Visited March 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Closed on Sundays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I saved La Picazon for the last day of our trip and were so disappointed to find it closed on Sundays. We had heard great things and were excited about it. Neither the hotel staff or taxi driver knew it was closed so I wanted to let everyone know before the 20 min cab drive. It's open from noon to five so plan to get there early.

Visited March 2013
Tigard, Oregon
“Not just a restaurant, an experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We did La Picazon yesterday and it was a great experience. They open at noon and we got there right then and spent about 4 hours there. The food was excellent, the malrin and shrimp wrap was crazy good and my wife's sea bass was also great. The margaritas were really good too but the place and the people are what make it so special. The owner Alejandro was so nice and accomodating with anything we desired. We would go down to the water in between courses and get some of the best seashells ever. He's got kayaks you can take out and did I mention the margaritas. Great doliphin show too. Everyone in town knows about it and says how great they think it is too.