“A charming oasis in La Paz” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Angel Azul Hacienda

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Paz
El Angel Azul Hacienda
Independencia 518,e/Serdan y G.Prieto | Centro, La Paz 23000, Mexico   |
Ranked #4 of 23 La Paz B&B and Inns
Chicago, IL
“A charming oasis in La Paz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

Our family stayed at El Angel Azul before and after 4 days of camping on Espiritu Santo Island. It was a charming hotel; the gardens welcomed us with cool breezes and the owner, Esther, was helpful, professional and thoughtful about every detail to make our stay perfect. She arranged all of our transportation, dinner reservations and even had breakfast ready for our family at 5:15 AM so that we could catch an early flight home.

El Angel Azul is well located, within walking distance of the malecon, but out of the hustle and bustle of most of the traffic. We especially appreciated the eco-friendly approach of El Angel Azul and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a smaller, intimate hotel over a more luxurious, larger hotel. For 10 years, Esther has perfected her skills as a wonderful inn keeper and her staff is wonderful, too.

• Liked — Eco-friendly, charming
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2007

My husband, my daughter (age 12) and I stayed at El Angel Azul for one night before going to Baja Camp. We had been traveling all day and when we finally arrived at El Angel Azul, we were warmly greeted by Esther who made us feel very welcome. She checked us in quickly and made suggestions for dinner. The restaurant she recommended was excellent and was within walking distance. The B&B has a wonderful courtyard filled with flowers and foilage. The rooms surround the courtyardand are clean, comfortable and have air conditioning. The breakfast was very good and was served in the courtyard. El Angel Azul is a peaceful retreat set in the middle of LaPaz and we would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — A retreat from a busy, urban environment.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Dayton,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2007

El Angel Azul was originally selected as a "convienent" one night stay prior to our family's departure for Baja Camp. What we discovered was a charming, beautiful small personal Inn that delighted the entire family. The 11 rooms surround an enclosed courtyard filled with a beautiful garden; it was the perfect setting for the morning's breakfast. The high sides of the walls provided insulation from the city's sounds and morning heat. The "angels" painted throughout the inn were charming. Most importantly, the rooms were comfortable (and air-conditioned), with all the necessities (private bath). Our kids loved the resident dog & cat. Esther, our host, greeted us at the door (we were delayed in arriving), helped us to quickly settle in, and found us a place to eat since we were all starving! Knowing now what a lovely stay this was, I wished we had made plans to end our trip here. If we travel again to La Paz, we will definitely stay with Esther, who knows how to make a small Inn a very personal and charming respite from travel.

• Liked — Small inn-only 11 rooms
  • Disliked — Steps might make it difficult for some
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Mexico City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2007

Gracias El Angel Azul! I had the great pleasure to meet two wonderful angels: Esther and her B&B Inn! What a lovely place to stay! Clean and cozy rooms, a friendly staff, the garden invites to relax, a delicioius breakfast. Definitely a highlight in La Paz!

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2007

My husband and I had the good fortune of staying at El Angel Azul and will return again as soon as we are able. Esther and her staff are completely wonderful and a big part of why we enjoyed ourselves so much. We were given expert local advise on places to eat, things to do, etc.

The inn is gorgeous with hidden oasis-like grounds that offer a beautiful cool place to lounge and relax. The rooms are inviting with color and comfort. Breakfast was both hearty and delicious and it's really nice to have a bar onsite for evening beverages.

We had just a lovely time and can't wait to return.

• Liked — The architecture, courtyard and owner/staff.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
oakland, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2007

My son and I spent a total of 4 days here on both ends of a 4 day kayaking trip in the Sea of Cortez. The food was great, the room was wonderful, quiet and very secure, the internet connection worked perfectly and we enjoyed the other guests.
The kayaking trip organizers recommended this B&B - and I am glad I came here. The owner (Esther) is really well organized, and runs a secure, very clean and friendly B&B.
Esther recommended places to eat during our 4 day stay, and I found them all to be wonderful - and - more importantly, I came away without any traces of food poisoning ( I am from Northern California, I have a weak stomach, and am particularly frightened of travel to Mexico).
Esther was part of a larger group of guests that spontaneously organized a dinner and conversation party, that lasted well into the night. I developed a back problem (from too much kayaking) and she found me a very good chiropracter in La Paz.
I really enjoyed El Angel Azul, and would recommend it above all the other accommodations I check on while I was in La Paz.
Fritz Kunze (fkunze@gmail.com)

Stayed February 2007
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2007

We loved La Paz! We visited here the day after a glorious night in Todos Santos. This Inn was nice enough, the rooms are interesting and the location is good.
The owner is cold, we got the impression that the social aspect of running an Inn wasn't really her thing. She was not even willing to offer eating establishment advice to her guests!
There are more rules posted then my mother could ever have come up with during the worst of my teenage years.
When we go back to La Paz next year we will definitely try a different place to stay. El Angel Azul was an interesting establishment but it didn't enhance our La Paz experience in any way.

• Liked — The uniqueness of the building.
  • Disliked — The owner, the rules, the sparten room accomodations.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to El Angel Azul Hacienda? Share your experiences!