“Quiet and romantic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Angel Azul Hacienda

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Paz
El Angel Azul Hacienda
You added El Angel Azul Hacienda to your Saves list
Independencia 518,e/Serdan y G.Prieto | Centro, La Paz 23000, Mexico   |
Ranked #4 of 22 La Paz B&B and Inns
Mexico City, Mexico
“Quiet and romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

El Angel Azul is such a great place to stay. Walking distance to the city centre, restaurants, markets and even the boardwalk - the most famous part of La Paz. The breakfast is really delicious and fresh. The place is quiet and very romantic, especially at night and all lit with blue lights. And the garden with humming birds and many plants and flowers was my favorite place!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My son and I found El Angel Azul on our first trip to La Paz in 2007. Since then we have enjoyed Esther's pleasant and generous hospitality two more times. If you are looking for a comfortable, quiet, and convenient B&B (walking distance to the zocalo and malecon) with clean accommodations at a reasonable price, efficient and amiable service, a fine breakfast, a small bar, interesting library and lovely grounds, it can't be beat. We would choose it anytime we travel there, and BTW we prefer the ‘historical rooms’!

Dayle C

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here for after coming back to La Paz from a turtle conservation trip in Magdalena Bay, and I have to say it was magnificent stay! Ester welcomed me in with open arms and even gave me a little discount because I was on a trip promoting sustainability. My room was clean and very cozy and colorful, but the garden was what took my breath away-- wow!! So much greenery!!! The pets were a nice touch too, both were very friendly (the cat seems to be a bit of a snuggle muffin if you pay attention to her.) Breakfast the next morning was lovely too, and as a vegan they accommodated me very well. The cooking staff were very lovely too! :) When I was leaving I saw a bunch of pamphlets they had on things to do in La Paz, so that was a nice bonus. Unfortunately I only stayed there for a night before my plane left, but if I could I would return again and again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband spent two nights here before going on a cruise. It was a delight. We debated getting a place on the water, but opted for El Angel Azul in the center of the old town. Great decision. It is in a 19th century Spanish court house, adding to its charm. Esther has created a sublime garden in the courtyard setting...we could have spent the day right there. Esther is very helpful and directing you to restaurants (all we had time for).

The best part is to find how safe La Paz is. We walked around in the evenings, to and from various restaurants, or along the water, and it was safe as can be. I even saw single women doing the same..day and night.

Go there!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at El Angel Azul! The rooms were clean and spacious and nicely decorated. Esther was a great help at recommending shopping and restaurant options. The grounds were beautiful and secure. The breakfast was just right! Esther makes a great margarita!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Wartau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I arrived in La Paz in the middle of the night. But I was already expected at the door. Esther is a great hostess and I felt home right from the start. The garden where you can have your breakfast is just terrific! For me, the "El angel azul" is the place to stay in La Paz.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is the 4th time my wife and I have stayed at the El Angel Azul in La Paz in the last 7 years. It was as fabulous as ever. Esther is a great hostess. The rooms are very comfortable and the inner court yard is beautiful and serene. The breakfast is wholesome and served by friendly staff. The price is reasonable. We always look forward to a few days of r&r in this wonderful setting.
Pam & Tony L

Room Tip: All the rooms are good as they all face into the inner court yard.