“Will go again and again...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Angel Azul Hacienda

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Paz
El Angel Azul Hacienda
You added El Angel Azul Hacienda to your Saves list
Independencia 518,e/Serdan y G.Prieto | Centro, La Paz 23000, Mexico   |
Ranked #4 of 22 La Paz B&B and Inns
Helena, Montana, United States
“Will go again and again...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

I have stayed at El Angel Azul twice now and LOVE IT! It is truly an oasis in the center of La Paz. My husband and I are already planning ahead for next year. Esther and her staff, who were there three years ago on my first visit are delightful and knowledgeable about the area (especially the restaurants)! Oh and we felt VERY safe in La Paz.
Wonderful place to visit!

Room Tip: While all the rooms are lovely the upstairs suite is particularly nice.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
La Paz, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I had my best vacation here in La Paz Mexico. Especially staying in the B&B el angel azul: this bed and breakfast is just amazing; a beautiful garden, i stayed in an awesome room; very clean there. It is pretty quite here in the courtyard. It gives you a feeling of just 'hanging out, alone on the beach or something'', nobody annoys you and you have your absolutly silence for yourself here or with your friend. The bedding was very comfortable and the breakfast here is excellent! What i also liked here is that the ''hotel'' is a very environmentally conscious place, owned and run by a very smart Swiss-business woman. Would come back for sure to this place!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed there after a kayaking trip and just fell in love with the garden. I kept thinking my mom would love to see it -- she appreciates creative and beautiful garden designs. I could literally spent the whole day there reading and looking at the plants. The court-yard style inn has many historic touches. I only found out later that it's a converted courthouse, so that helped to explain that feeling of being part of a bygone era. But it also had to do with the proprietor's good taste and sense of beauty. The room I had was clean and spacious. The furniture was basic. The bedding wasn't cushy though, so if you like soft bed, you may not find it comfortable. I did like the bathroom, which had some interesting tile work.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Santa Monica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Once again we had a great couple of nights with the Angel. Hand down this my favorite place in La Paz to rest after a big day. Breakfast is perfect and the garden is a great place to hang out.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Winston Salem, NC USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

El Angel Azul is a B&B a few blocks from the Malecón (boardwalk) and is in a historical building (it was once the town’s courthouse). We were happy to find it. It has a typical Mexican exterior that, although nice, gave no clue to what was inside. When we walked in, we were in one of those lovely Mexican haciendas that has a large central courtyard surrounded by a covered walkway. Very “old Mexico”. Turns out, it was also a very environmentally conscious place owned and run by a vegetarian. The place is lovely and comfortable. Breakfast is included in the price and, although the breakfast wasn’t much, it was enough to get us going. It was a buffet breakfast, and you eat at one of four tables in the courtyard, starting at 8 am. There were other guests, but we never saw them. I’m guessing that it has six rooms. Very nice. Not dirt cheap, but not expensive either. Rooms start at $90 in the summer. About $10 more in the winter. You can see more at http://mynicelittlelife.com/2011/08/el-angel-azul-la-paz-mexico/

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

The Angel Azul is a gem and provides a relaxed and wonderful setting while visiting La Paz, BCS. The property has been lovingly restored, retrofitted and refined with beautiful gardens and nicely appointed rooms...not super deluxe, but very comfortable and exactly what an adventure traveller wants and needs.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

This is one of the nicest, most pleasant places I've ever stayed, and I travel a lot. My wife and I came here after a diving trip out of La Paz, and we liked it so much we stayed two extra nights.

It's quiet, private, secure, and beautifully decorated. Staying here made us realize how much we enjoy visiting Mexico.

There's a photo album that shows before-and-after photos of its transformation into a B&B, and it's amazing what the owner, Esther, has accomplished. She has great taste and a good eye, and at times it felt like we were guests in the hacienda of a favorite relative. Very relaxing and welcoming vibe at El Angel Azul.

It's located just blocks from the water, and anything you need, including good shopping and great seafood restaurants, is within easy walking distance, but the enclosed courtyard is so peaceful and serene you won't want to leave. It's an oasis of calm in the middle of a bustling port city.

And the staff is excellent, always friendly and helpful, while giving us all the privacy we wanted. And it's so nice to wake up to hot coffee and a good, healthy breakfast served in the local style, and to have it in that courtyard setting.

I've always loved La Paz, but I haven't been to Mexico in a while, and it was nice to be back and to stay in a place with such a perfect balance of quiet, comfort and warm hospitality.

My first impression of El Angel Azul was, "Now, this is exactly what I had in mind", and it just got better from there. An excellent value and a lucky find.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to El Angel Azul Hacienda? Share your experiences!