“Best B & B in La Paz” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Delmar, New York
“Best B & B in La Paz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in Nov 2013 with a week of sailing in between. When we booked our reservations we really did not know what to expect. You could not ask for a better host then Carol!. She was pleasant, helpful and very accommodating. The B & B was charming, private with a secluded outdoor patio area for relaxing and where breakfast was served. And what a breakfast it was. One morning she prepared a German style pancake in her special pan. They were Delicious! The other morning we had huevos rancheros with fresh cut fruit, yogurt, coffee/tea & juice. We would highly recommend staying here and booking the Romeo & Juliet Room as it is wonderful. We plan on visiting again! Muchas Gracias Carol!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
After a week on the sea, learning the the finer points of sailing, I am sure getting your land legs back wasn't easy. Thank you for choosing Casa Tuscany to unwind and relax.

The special pancakes I prepared are called aebleskiver. Some say they are Scandinavian, but I know them as Danish pancakes. I doubt you will find this specialty anywhere else in Baja. I also prepare my own ranchero sauce. It pleases me to know my guests enjoy the special foods prepared for them.

It was a delight getting to know you. Thank you for the offer to visit your neck of the woods one day. Perhaps when the weather is conducive to a sail-by. In the meantime, have a warm and healthful holiday season with lots of family and friends close at hand.
Carol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Charming bed and breakfast and within walking distance of so many places. Carol, the owner, is delightful, very helpful and a good cook to boot!! We would definitely stay there again and also recommend it to those who like small,quaint and delightful.

Room Tip: If you spend any time in your room, other than sleeping, get one of suites
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Sharon,
Thank you for your kind words and recommendation to others. My goal is for all visitors to enjoy their stay in La Paz and at Casa Tuscany. Thank you for the affirmation. I look forward to your next visit so I can prepare some additional outstanding breakfasts for your enjoyment.
Kind regards
Ingolf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days on our 2011 trip to Baja and Copper Canyon trip. We arrived on the ferry from the mainland at 6:30am but were still able to check in and and leave our luggage. We stayed in the Romeo & Juliet room and enjoyed the outdoor terraces. Fantastic accommodations but the breakfasts by them selves made our visit incredible. If we are ever back in La Paz this is where we will be staying!

Stayed December 2012
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Roy,
Thank you for sharing your good experience at Casa Tuscany with others. Leaving luggage for safekeeping from a few hours to a few days is never a problem. I am glad you were able to enjoy the courtyard while your room was made ready.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I love to cook. Put those two things together and you already know the result.

I look forward to your return visit.
Warm regards,
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

After a full day in La Paz, tired and exhausted, there is nothing better than Casa Tuscany. Verdant plantings invite you to step into the private and secluded walled patio. Tall palms, hummingbirds, shells, artwork creates a lasting memory. Besides the gathering patio there are little niches and more private sitting areas throughout the property. Lovely breakfast served by host Carol. Bottles of wine available in each room for purchase. . Our host was very knowledgeable of the best restaurants, playas and Espiritu Santos excursions.
Walking distance to downtown and the night scene. Malecon (tiled boardwalk) stretches for miles along the bay and only steps from your door. I love the city, the people and the new environment, but again...it's always a good feeling to come home! And Tuscany was Home!

Room Tip: The downstairs room would be best for a family, sleeps 4 easily, small efficient kitchen area, table...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Maria,
Thank you for writing such a nice review. It was a delight to welcome you back to La Paz after an absence of 3 years. For you it was like coming home. For me it was welcoming an old friend. Thank you for choosing Casa Tuscany for your return visit.

Thank you, Maria, for helping me out with a couple of things. You were a life saver! Next time, bring Al and perhaps choose a month when the weather isn't quite so hot.

Thanks & hugs
grover beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We visited Casa Tuscany during exploration of the Baja. What a find!. So close to everything - the Malecon, restaurants, shopping. We parked our car and didn't need it again. The room was really comfortable and beautifully decorated. Being August, we were thankful for the A/C. Breakfast was served in the courtyard with other visitors. What a delight to interact with people from other parts of the world. We exchanged emails with a couple we met.

We can't say enough about the owner, Carol. She makes a dynamite breakfast each day, always served with fresh fruit and great coffee. Carol also made arrangements for a visit to the Island where we snorkeled with the sea lions. This is a trip not to be missed.

We highly recommend Casa Tuscany and can't wait to return. Thank you, Carol, for a great stay!
Bill & Jean

Room Tip: Go for the Romeo & Juliet room. Very special.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bill and Jean,
Always a pleasure to welcome people from my home town area. Thank you for finding Casa Tuscany and taking the time from your busy schedule to write about it. You are right about not needing a car with everything so accessible from the inn, although it is nice to have a car for getting out to the best beaches. I am glad you enjoyed the trip to the island. It is often the highlight for trips to La Paz.

One of the best parts of staying in B&B's is the opportunity to interact with people from other parts of the globe. It is so nice that you connected with another couple.

I hope to welcome you back one day soon.
Lake Forest, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Just spent ten wonderful days at Casa Tuscany Inn in Baja. The inn is delightful, so pretty and quaint and within walking distance to most of the action yet so peaceful and quiet. We stayed in the Firenze Room and had ample space for our belongings, light cooking (if I so wanted), and relaxing. I will forever cherish the mornings spent in the court yard during a yummy breakfast while enjoying the birds and lush plantings. The beautiful people of La Paz also had a beautiful soul and I would feel safe walking alone on the Malecon or in any of the casual or fine dining establishments in town.

Room Tip: Romeo and Juliet Room is upstairs and has several private outdoor spaces and a private staircase. Fi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Judy,
I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to La Paz and found the inn quiet and comfortable. You learned what many visitors already know - that La Paz is a safe and friendly place. Thank you for choosing Casa Tuscany for your stay and for taking the time to write about it on Trip Advisor. I hope to welcome you back one day soon.
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This summer I visited the city of La Paz for a week and I stumbled upon this lovely bed and breakfast!! I stayed in a quaint and clean, medium sized room with a nice view of the courtyard-like area. The host Carol, served a delicious breakfast every morning, with your choice of food. She suggested many activities and tours upon request. The sunsets were absolutely beautiful, reflecting in the nearby ocean creating a fantastic photographic opportunity! I most definitely enjoyed my stay!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Leah,
Thank you for visiting Casa Tuscany and for sharing your comments with others. It is indeed a thrill for me when young people like you appreciate the quiet and beauty of the Sea of Cortez and La Paz. We do have phenomenal sunsets, no two alike and always spectacular. Perhaps on your next visit you will have the opportunity for some really outstanding photos.

I am looking forward to your next visit when perhaps you will have the opportunity for some whale watching or snorkeling with whale sharks. The season approaches. In the meantime, have a great year.
Carol

Been to Casa Tuscany Inn? Share your experiences!