“Excellent location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 23 La Paz B&B and Inns
san diego
“Excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This beautiful BB is quiet and lovely, and the owner, Carol, is friendly and very helpful.The courtyard is unique and breakfast is delicious. The location is very convenient, a block from the Malecón and within walking distance to restaurants, cafes, shopping. The room was clean and very comfortable.
I went there with my team for a week-long training, and Carol made sure all our needs were covered. We felt pampered and taken care of!
I highly recommend Casa Tuscany for my wonderful experience, I will go next time with my family.

Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
What a thrill it was for me to host you and members of your team while you were conducting a training program here in La Paz. I know your extremely busy schedule prevented you for enjoying all that La Paz has to offer, but trust future visits will give you a little more time to relax, stroll the Malecon, and experience some of our delightful restaurants. It was especially exciting for me to observe your dynamic team in action. Wow doesn't come close to the energy exuded by everyone.

It was my pleasure to host the group. I look forward to many more opportunities to demonstrate my culinary skills and knowledge of La Paz.

Thank you for staying and for taking part of your valuable time to share your experience with others.
Warmly,

287 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Toulouse, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed 4 nights and enjoyed every minute of our stay at Casa Tuscany.
It is perfectly located, the house is great, there are terraces and decks for all tastes. The room was big, extremely clean, very comfortable. The room Romeo and Juliet is great.
Breakfast was great (and different every day).
Carol, the owner, is a delightful host. She knows all the tips about La Paz and is always ready to help.
I will choose no other place to stay when I return to La Paz.

Room Tip: The Romeo and Juliet room is the most secluded. Very independent from the rest of the house.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Nathalie,
Merci beaucoup. Thank you for your kind words about Casa Tuscany. It was indeed a pleasure spending time with you as you journeyed through Baja Sur. You learned what most visitors learn, that La Paz is a quiet yet vibrant city with a small town feel. The friendliness of its people, the safety of the area, and its family oriented attitude make La Paz a wonderful vacation spot.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to practice my French. As you can tell, I need a lot of practice. I am so glad you enjoyed your time here and trust the rest of your Baja vacation went as smoothly.

By the way, the recipe I obtained for you from Las Tres Virgenes inspired me. I ordered it myself and found it as good as you reported. I hope your own preparation is as tasty.

Jusqu' à la prochaine fois.

Milano Marittima, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here during our honeymoon last June and we recommend the room Romeo and Juliet. Great place and very relaxing! The b & b is just a short walk from the center of la paz, and therefore' close to beaches, shops typical of the area and to local restaurants. Do not miss the beautiful sunsets after a comfortable siesta from Romeo and Juliet!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Grazia! Thank you for your choosing Casa Tuscany for your honeymoon stay. The Romeo & Juliet is a favorite, and not just for honeymooners. The private patios, balcony over the courtyard, upper deck with sea views, and the exclusivity are some of the reasons this room is a favorite.

Being close to everything is an added bonus, as you point out. There is no need for a cab, no need for a vehicle, just an easy walk to shops, restaurants, the waterfront, museums, and points of interest. In spite of its proximity to town center, it is exceptionally quiet. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time here.

I hope the rest of your holiday was as enjoyable and look forward to seeing you on a future visit.
Warmly,
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed 2 nights and had a wonderful stay at Casa Tuscany. Carol is a great resource of things to do in the area, very sweet and makes a delicious breakfast. The accommodations were also very nice. Great location and very affordable. Only 1 block from the water. We would recommend this B & B.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thanks to both of you for choosing Casa Tuscany for a short visit before spending the rest of your vacation at your timeshare in Cabo. I hope you found, like most visitors, that La Paz is pleasantly different. In general La Paz is a more laid back, peaceful town, and very family oriented. The beaches are outstanding, the Malecon, only a block from the inn, is walkable any time day or night, and the restaurants have everything to offer from taco stand to groumet.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to share your good thoughts with others. I hope the rest of your vacation was everything you wanted it to be.

In appreciate,
Carol Dyer
Mazatlan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We arrived by ferry from Mazatlan without reservations for a 2 day stay. We've been in La Paz before and kind of knew the area we wanted to stay, but after walking several blocks in the heat we decided "this looks like a fine place & it's close to the marina." We rang the bell & soon Carol arrived at the gate. With wonderful graciousness, Carol invited us in & showed us around. Thankfully it was low season as she had no other guests nor reservations to fill her B & B for another week ahead. We had shared that we were interested in having a pool to swim in during our stay. Carol immediately grabed up her laptop, brought it out to the cool shaded patio & helped us "shop" on line for another place to stay in La Paz with a pool. She even inquired by phone on our behalf for vacancy. Her overwhelming kindness made our decision for us ~ we stayed in her Romeo & Juliet suite for the 2 days enjoying the quiet of the ourdoor palapa style livingroom, the sun deck & even the roof-top for a sneak view of sunset. We had a lovely stay! Thank you Carol.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nicely appointed and the general neighborhood is quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Thank you for taking a chance by ringing the Casa Tuscany doorbell on a whim. I am always delighted when unexpected guests drop in. I especially thank you for opting to stay even though there is no pool on site.

I appreciate your kindness and kind words on Trip Advisor. Next time, and with practice, your eggs over-easy are guaranteed "easy."

Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We felt in love with la Paz and the Inn and we didn't want to leave. The Inn is on a perfect location very close to the malecon (boardwalk) and the beach. We rented the Juliet and Romeo Suite which was lovely. The room is very clean, decorate with love and you have a wonderful backyard and a rooftop for your own. Carol was just the best. She made us a delicious breakfast every morning with fruits and a second course which varied daily. She recommended as a tour to Espiritu Santos (The Island), which was one of the best tour we ever booked. The people knew so much about the sea life and geology it was very interesting. Also her restaurants recommendations were top (my favorite Il Rustico - real authentic Italian food). We spent totally three nights there which you need to discover all the beauty of La Paz and after the touristic Cabo we were so happy to experience something so amazing and authentic.

Room Tip: Go for Romeo and Juliet - its worth it.
, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Dear Rahel and Serge,
Many thanks for choosing Casa Tuscany for part of your holiday travels. It is especially satisfying that you found La Paz refreshingly different from the Cabo scene. More and more people are finding La Paz a great side trip and, for some, a destination. We have much to offer, as you pointed out. The Island is a unique adventure, and Espiritu y Baja Tours provides excellent guides to enhance your experience. It is an outing not to be missed when visiting La Paz.

Thank you for sharing your experience with others on Trip Advisor. I hope the remainder of your Mexico holiday was as enjoyable.

I extend my best wishes for success and happiness as you return to your native Switzerland to begin new careers.

Loreto, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stopped in La Paz for one night on our way from Cabo to Loreto. We wanted a charming, comfortable, welcoming place near the Malecon. Our friends recommended Casa Tuscany and it lived up to all they had said about it. Carol, the owner, was warm and welcoming and helpful. We chose a smaller room which was clean and cozy and beautifully decorated. There are ear plugs provided for those noisy Malecon nights but amazingly, for the proximity to the Malecon, the room was quiet. Carol recommended an Italian restaurant nearby which had great food. In the morning she prepared huevos rancheros, my favorite breakfast. We will definitely return on our next trip to

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
CasaTuscany, Owner at Casa Tuscany Inn, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear Jane,
I'm so glad you found Casa Tuscany on your way to Loreto. It was a pleasure hosting you and hearing about some of the exciting things going on around Loreto Bay, especially the music!

I am pleased to learn that you found the accommodations, recommendations, and breakfast enjoyable. Thank you for staying and for recommending the inn to others.

Mostly, tho, I thank you for the great ideas on paint colors. The inn is getting freshed up all over the place and, thanks to you, with lots of bright and rich color. I can't wait for you to see it!

Carol

Been to Casa Tuscany Inn? Share your experiences!