“Bagels and So Much More!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bagels
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
Newport Beach, California
“Bagels and So Much More!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Where does one go when craving a bagel whilst exploring Baja California? Bagel Shop, of course. Well, actually, it is the ONLY place in Baja that makes bagels from scratch - fresh daily. And it shows!

Fabrizio and Patty lovingly shape each bagel by hand every evening in order to provide their patrons with authentic bagels the following morning. They spared no expense in purchasing state-of-the-art equipment unique to the art of bagel making. One bite and you'll realize that you are getting the real deal. They offer several flavors. If you don't see your favorite variety displayed in the bakery case, simply ask Fabrizio if he can make your variety to be picked up on a later date -and he will.

There is more to Bagel Shop than just bagels. They also offer freshly baked artisan baguettes. So, along with bagels and their usual toppings, you also have several sandwiches to choose from using either bagels or baguettes. Although not on the menu, ask for a pork loin sandwich "Kahla's Way". It is absolutely divine consisting of roasted pork, tomato, lettuce, melted Gouda, avocado & red onion on a toasted banquette or bagel of your choice. The accompanying a jus puts the sandwich over the top! Some days I stop by simply to satisfy my "Kahla's Way" craving.

Other menu items include omelets and salads. All ingredients are sourced from local organic farmers and growers.

Patty offers a lovely selection of freshly steeped loose leaf teas, either iced or hot. Their coffee beans are sourced from a local roaster. They also offer delicious freshly squeezed juices and smoothies puréed from fresh fruits, herbs and vegetables.

Need I say more?

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
archi r, Owner at The Bagel Shop, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
thank you very much for taking the time to review our place,we really appreciate your gesture....gracias

San Francisco, California
“This is the best breakfast I had in the Baja”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My brother and I rode bicycles through the baja a year ago and came across this place. We holed up in La Paz healing after the first week of riding on sand paths along the coast. We came back to this place every morning meeting the owners and their daughter. The food was fresh, tasty, and we couldn't stop ordering because of it. Fresh juice, cafe, smoothies, and some great bagel sandwiches. We rode the whole baja, 1000 miles, and saw no place near as wonderful, nor met a family as warm as the owners. I'm planning to go back to La Paz for this place!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
archi r, Owner at The Bagel Shop, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our business,we appreciate it very much,,,,hope to see you soon.
“My favorite breakfast in La Paz!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I come to La Paz yearly for mission work and was brought here last year by our host. I loved it!! I was looking forward to going again this trip and of course, they did not disappoint. The owners are so welcoming and friendly...and they remembered me from my last visit! I am already looking forward to my next visit :)

archi r, Manager at The Bagel Shop, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our business,,,,,we appreciate it very much.
Mill Valley, California
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had a great breakfast 2 days in a row. I had quesadilla with a green salad and black beans. All was very tasty. The quesadilla had white cheese, mushrooms and peppers. The next day I had a bowl of delicious fresh fruit with homemade yogurt and granola. It was not surgery which is exactly the way I wanted it. My husband had a bagel with lox and green olive cream cheese one day and the quesadilla the next. The juice was fresh squeezed and the coffee was bold and smooth. The owner, Patty is very hands on and really sweet. This is one of our new favorites.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Searching for Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

After bumbling around La Paz unsuccessfully looking for a place to have breakfast we were grumpy and starved. We wandered through the Tuesday farmers market and spoke to an expat selling his homemade quiche and yoghurt. He recommended the bagel shop around the corner. We went there almost every morning after that for the rest of our stay. We were made to feel very welcome & taken care of well! Coffee was local and exceptionally good,we got a pound to go! Everything we tried on the menu was delicious & fresh,all made right there or local I believe..
Fabrice,Patty & their 2 daughters were very sweet & helpful with suggesting places to visit & stuff to do in and around la paz. We would love to revisit their shop & hang out with them again. Definitely visit the bird & rock park around the corner too,very sweet small park with an great vibe...