“The city of Peace, "La Paz", Baja California Sur” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seven Crown La Paz Malecon

Save Saved
You added Seven Crown La Paz Malecon to your Saves list
Seven Crown La Paz Malecon
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Alvaro Obregon 1710 | Corner of Lerdo de Tejada, La Paz 23000, Mexico   |
Ranked #15 of 36 hotels in La Paz
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The city of Peace, "La Paz", Baja California Sur”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Great hotel for being on a budget, great restaurant and bar on top of the roof, Rooms comfortable and adequate with no street noise, clean. In the middle of downtown with all the attractions and shopping, On the beach with a great view.

Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

Stayed 2 nights in "deluxe mini suite" facing the malceon. View of ocean OK but very noisy even with A/C on. No hot water in bathroom sink, no face cloths, no bed side table lamps, TV remote did not work, one coat hanger in small closet , no chair or furniture in sleeping area, balcony door would not lock. Kitchen area had old table with one chair, bar fridge, cook top and cutlery which consisted of one spoon, no blinds or curtians, so light from gigantic burger king next door streamed in . Bedding and towels worn. This place is maybe a 1.5 star at best

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

We have travelled to La Paz for the last 4 years and really love the City and people. This was our first stay at the Seven Crowns Hotel, as we have always stayed at other locations. You can’t beat the location which is right in the center of the Malecon and directly facing that water. The staff is really friendly and helpful at the Hotel, they were always quick to help us with anything we needed. The restaurant is very good, and priced fairly based on the quality of food. We were on the 5th floor which leads directly to the rooftop bar and hot tub. Unfortunately the hot tub was not working right during our stay and the water was cold.

Our room was fine although the beds were a bit hard.

The only real negative feedback and caution we have is around noise. Due to the concrete construction of the building and lack of carpet which helps to insulate sound; it can be noisy especially at night. When people drive on the Malecon with the music loud and a lot of base; it resonates within the Hotel. We noticed that when we had the air conditioner on in our room, it helped to negate this.

We are going to La Paz again in three months and will happily stay at the Seven Crowns Hotel

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

We stayed at the Seven Crown on May 5, 2008 for one night. We drove from Cabo San Lucas. La Paz was a little difficult for us to navigate as there was lots of traffic and it was a holiday weekend when we arrived. Parts of the road in front of the malecon were closed so that a street fiesta could be set up. When we finally found the right corner for the hotel, I went inside to check in and the bellboy offered to park the car for us (Thanks goodness!) The parking deck at the hotel only holds about 6-8 cars. The front desk staff, the bell boy and the bartender were great! very friendly and nice. The hotel room was minimalistic, but since we were only there for one night, it didn't matter. The bed was very hard, though. The room and bathroom were clean and neat. Good water pressure in the shower. We were on the top floor with a great view of the street below. We enjoyed the sunset over the bay from the rooftop deck with some cold beverages. Then we went outside right in the middle of the celebration on the malecon.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

The hotel staff was very helpful. Our room was overlooking the Malecon and busy road, but if the a/c is left on all night, the noise is not bothersome. We loved sitting on our lanai watching the boats, sunsets and people enjoying the Malecon. Our only disappointment is that there is no swimming pool, only a jacuzzi at the bar area on the 5th floor. Parking our car was not a problem. Very close to shopping and nightlife.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Redondo Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2007

My friends and I are experienced Mexico travelers, having fished in Baja each year since 1995. Cost is not a concern -- optimizing our experience is paramount. We like to have fun but always treat our hosts with respect, and make sure all staff is well tipped.

The core concept of respect for the customer simply cannot be overlooked or whitewashed in retrospect. I have never been spoken to or treated this way in 25 years of international travel.

While the staff was pleasant, (and deathly afraid of their boss), the owner of this hotel was so rude to my party that I thought we were on some sort of Mexican reality show. This was after a bait and switch on our rooms which ended up costing us double the agreed price.

The hotel is nice, etc., but I always expect to be treated with courtesy and respect and this hotel gets an F- in that regard.

None of us would ever return and we wholeheartedly recommend staying elsewhere in beautiful La Paz.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Management
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Loreto, BCS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2007

I stayed here with my two young children because of the location. It is right next to Burger King and my children love to play inside there and I use their WiFi and drink coffee. This hotel is also very close to the Hacienda office where I had an appointment the next day so that was very nice.

The rooms and entire hotel was very clean but for lack of furniture, being an ultra modern minimilistic decor, noise echoed very easily. My small children were probably heard by everyone and my shusshing to them as well.

The jacuzzi, no pool is right on the top floor next to the bar. My kids were in it during the day while I watched but there is a restaurant right below it so any spash they made was felt by diners below. We were made aware of this immediately so by a waiter then I removed them from the jacuzzi and took them into the room. The free breakfast can only be used before 8am. there is indoor parking but the garage is only large enough to accommodate a half a dozen to eight cars, and you have to leave your keys at reception. That didn't bother me so much except that the evening before our very early check out, I told the front desk to keep my car to the outside so I coauld leave without bothering anyone. This wasn't done and it took quite awhile to get another car out of the way so that I could leave at 6am.

Not a hotel for kids. Besides the jacuzzi placement, which is fine for adults, we were on the fourth floor with a sliding glass door that wouldn't lock. there is no balcony but a wire fake balcony that a child, or a drunk, could easliy fall through. Other than that this is a business class hotel that caters to traveling executives. I stayed here because of the location and my other choices weren't available when I had to come down.

• Liked — Wi-Fi but only outlet to plug in computer
  • Disliked — The noise factor due to the minimalist decor
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Seven Crown La Paz Malecon? Share your experiences!