“Nice food, nice people” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 188 Restaurants in La Paz
Cuisines: Diner, Mexican, Bar, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We are a Mexican food Restaurant with inside and outdoor sitting. Enjoy our great specialty's, Mojitos and Margaritas. Don't be scared of our host "The Catrina" she's been here since Cristobal Colon discovered America and came down to Baja California Sur leaving her on the beach while she was collecting some shells.
Powell River, Canada
“Nice food, nice people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

This isn't 5 star dining - it's a casual little eatery in an alley off the Malecon. However the food is tasty, fairly priced and the portions are generous. Service is friendly and efficient. Great spot for a casual meal on a warm night.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Parry Sound, Canada
“Experience the flavours of Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Meet the friendly staff, listen to their recommendations, then sit and enjoy the food and the comraderie. This restaurant is about serving you great food and welcoming you to flavours of Mexico. Our waiters Martin and Carlos made our experience so much fun that we went back mucho times. We tried other more expensive restaurants during our stay and none compared to the fun we had here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Superb food, service and margaritas! (oh yeah, and my Tocayo)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Just happened to be walking by when the waiter asked us to please check out the menu, then turned to his customers and asked them what they thought of their meal. They loved it and so would we!
Martin, (my tocayo), was our waiter and took good care of us, always offering his thoughts and giving local information as this was our first visit to La Paz. He was always there when we needed something and seemed to be like family. It was nice because I remember telling my wife it is nice to have him hanging around our table and it didn't even feel weird or bothersome. He is a great guy and had the right sense about service. I would definitely go back there whenever we go back to La Paz. The food was decently priced, around $11 to $20, depending on what you had. I had a Chicken Mole dish for around $11.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Pleasant restaurant right off the waterfront”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had dinner here with my son somewhat by chance because the restaurant we were planning on going to was closed. It is a pleasant restaurant right off the main waterfront. My son had beef fajitas which he termed "awesome" and I had grilled mahi mahi with garlic which I would rate as good but not exceptional. The waitstaff was very pleasant and helpful.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Very good dinner experience in a nice space”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here.
It's just off the Malecon, on a side alley, so you don't have automobile traffic to deal with. But there's plenty of foot traffic for good people watching.
Service was friendly and attentive.
We had margaritas and guacamole to start. Good, not great.
I had a mixed molcajete. A large hot stone bowl filled with beef, shrimp, cactus, peppers, and (surprisingly) some kind of Mexican hot dog. It's not often you see molcajete on a menu, so I had to try it. Overall, pretty good dish.
My wife had the a steak arranchera, which she really liked.
At the end if the meal, they brought out a couple of shots of complimentary tequila.

Overall, we enjoyed our meal. Really liked the location and setting. Service and food were really good. Not spectacular, but solid. Would definitely return.