“Best B&B Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Kootenay Bed and Breakfast

and 1 more site!
You added Casa Kootenay Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Casa Kootenay Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Brecha California 1035, La Paz 23090, Mexico   |
Special Offer
Free Water Sports
Ranked #10 of 22 La Paz B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“Best B&B Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Peaceful, quiet, and off the beaten track. If you’ve been seeking a retreat that is far from ordinary try out Casa Kootenay in La Paz, Mexico. Your hostess, Leanne, will treat you like one of the family and make you feel right at home. Whatever your interests, Leanne will ensure that you have a fantastic time during your stay. Where to start? Tropical gardens, hot tub, relaxing water front views of the Ensenada, a roof top terrace, and incredibly comfortable rooms with AC and TV. Water sports including kayaks, paddle boarding, and windsurfing perfect for exploring shipwrecks and mangroves, or pulling up to one of the remote sandy beaches across the bay. These are only the amenities, the icing on the cake is brought to you through Leanne’s hospitality. The breakfasts are creatively artistic and delicious using local seasonal fruit and traditional Mexican fare (with traditional options) for those seeking more regular fare.
During our stay there we experienced Grey Whale sight-seeing, deep-sea fishing, snorkeling, scuba diving, Carnival, surfing at Todos Santos, sailing… just to name a few. All of these were arranged with the help of our hostess. Between the relaxing days at Baladero Beach and our exciting excursions, our days filled up quickly! Whether you are looking for a relaxing pied-à-terre to kick up your feet or an exciting vacation exploring all that La Paz has to offer, you won’t have any disappointments with Leanne guiding your stay. I highly recommend this small bed and breakfast for anyone passing through the Baja Peninsula.

• Liked — Our hostess Leanne.
  • Disliked — Not a thing.
  • Stayed March 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My husband and I had a pre-wedding week-long honeymoon at Casa Kootenay in February. We had a lovely, very relaxing vacation. Leanne is a great hostess and had a lot to do with how much we enjoyed our time in La Paz. From the delicious and filling breakfasts she whipped up every morning to the snorkeling/whale watching/swimming with seals expedition she hooked us up with. The B&B was very comfortable and clean. One of the highlights was grabbing the paddleboards or kayaks in the morning and going out for some fun on the water before heading out to the local beaches or downtown. We also enjoyed the communal aspect of Casa Kootenay. It's easy to get to know the other guests over breakfast, and Leanne even had us over for dinner with some of her friends one evening. If you're looking for a relaxing vacation spot in La Paz I would highly recommend Casa Kootenay. I know we would love to go back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

My friends and I were looking for a place to stay in La Paz and we found Casa Kootenay. The house is beautiful, clean and has an amazing view. Leanne is hospitable, friendly and makes you feel like you're just at home. She has recommendations on all the fun things to do and restaurants to eat at. La Paz is a beautiful beach town and the people are all so friendly. We were in Mexico for 7 days. We only spent the first 3 days in La Paz and then went on to Cabo. I wish we would have stayed the whole time with Leanne. The house is gorgeous, spacious and private. She has paddle boards and kayaks that we used. You literally walk 20 feet out the back door and drop into the ocean. There is also a hot tub so when you come in for the day you can relax and unwind in that. The breakfasts were delicious. Leanne woke up every morning and made it. We had everything from fresh fruit, hot food or just cereal if you're not a heavy morning eater. I would recommend anyone I know to stay here and when we go back to La Paz we will most definitely be staying with Leanne.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We spent 2 nights recently at Casa Kootenay, and had a wonderful, relaxing experience! Leeanne is a great hostess, friendly, charming and made us feel welcome immediately! The casitas and grounds were well kept and very clean! Breakfast was delicious, and not just a continental breakfast as many BnBs offer, but a full hot yummy breakfast! And the old saying....location, location! Well, you can't beat this location!! Casa Kootenay is right on the beach and we were able to watch baby dolphins playing in the bay while enjoying a gorgeous sunset and a cocktail on the upper deck. We walked to town and found some great tacos, and had the best shrimp dinner at Torro Guerro! The only thing that could improve on our trip, would be a trip solely for pleasure, this trip included eye surgery, so we couldn't enjoy the water sports that Leeane has to offer. We will definitely return to Casa Koootenay, bring some of our family and make it a weekend retreat!! Thank you Leeane!! Hasta pronto!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Annapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Unfortunately, I could only stay in La Paz for one night. Had I known what was in store for me at Casa Kootenay, I would have stayed a week!
Upon arrival, I was asked to leave my bags just outside the room (the rooms are separated from the main house by a courtyard) and invited into the common area of the house. Architectually designed, I was treated to a sweeping view of the beach and a glass of tropical juice. After a "get to know one another', I got a tour of the facilities including hot tub, roof top deck, the beach with accompanying kayaks, etc., before being shown my room and bath by Leeanne.
I was told of my options for restaurants for dinner and choose one that was a short walk down the beach. Fresh Red Snapper!
A hearty breakfast of huevos rancheros greeted me after a great night's sleep, and because of my time constraints, I was off, but not before Leeanne gave me an overview of La Paz and a website (in English) that laid out what was happening in town. I found several photo exhibits and was so impressed I wrote them up on my blog - bobmadden.com
Stay here!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We had an awesome time in La Paz, and it was because we stayed with Leeanne at the Casa Kootenay. The casitas were clean, spacious and had a great ambiance. Sharing the washroom was a little concerning but it worked out perfectly fine.
The Casa Kootenay has a wonderful beach location with kayaks and paddle boards included as well as the expanse of the beach right in front of the Great Room. The front patio is a great place to watch the local joggers pass by on the sand and the shore birds dive for fish! Leanne was at our disposal encouraging us to paddle to the mangroves or hike over the mountain to the beach to the north of town, always suggesting a good place for local fish and beer. We would return to Casa Kooteny anytime!

Leeanne has great local knowledge and is very helpful when planning the day's activities. She also prepares a great breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Linz, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Having spent a diving holiday on the vessel Nautilus Explorer in the Socorro - Achipelago we were looking for a nice and safe place to spend some days in La Paz to relax and to visit the famous sea lion colony Isla Espiritu Santo. Our dive guide Joel who lives in La Paz recommended Leeanne and her Casa Kootenay to us.
We trusted in Joel and really were very pleased by the place and Leannes charming personality.
The Casa Kootenay is situated close to the town center. In the evenings we preferred to take a taxi but during daylight we just went by foot.
All the buildings belonging to Casa Kootenay were in a very good state, Rooms and facilities where neat and clean. Breakfast was excellent and Leeanne was helpful all the time.
We kajaked, experienced the hot tub and enjoyed breathtaking sunsets from the terrace overlooking the Bay of La Paz.
We really can recommend Leeanne and her place and will come back as soon as we can.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Kootenay Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!