“Tasty food but no atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 206 Restaurants in La Paz
Cuisines: Mexican, International, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Nuestro restaurante Steinbeck´s se encuentra abierto para las cenas a partir de las 6 Pm, cuenta con una maravillosa vista a la marina y campo de golf, nuestros huéspedes y visitantes podrán disfrutar de un estilo de comida Refinada Casual con especialidades a la Parrilla de Mezquite nuestro menú esta enriquecido con excelentes ensaladas y entradas frescas y ligeras asi como de cenar de lo mejor en cortes de carne de calidad Angus, todos los días nuestro chef lanza especiales surgidos de su inspiración además de contar con nuestros Tasting Menus o cenas maridadas con vino donde sus invitados tendrán una experiencia única probando lo mejor de nuestra cocina acompañado de un tour virtual por las mejores regiones y casa vinícolas de México.Nuestra selección de vino con más de 120 etiquetas delicadamente seleccionadas y nuestros cocteles hacen de Steinbeck´s no un lugar para cenar sino el lugar de la cena.
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Tasty food but no atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

The food and service was good but the restaurant lacked atmosphere with television screens in the bar area. Portion sizes were quite small.

Visited February 2014

Norwalk, Connecticut
“Not worth it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Too expensive for what you get. Service is very good, food is meh - instead walk over the the marina and try one of the 3 restaurants there.

Visited January 2014
mexico city
“perfecto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I'm a meat lover, the service is incredible, the octopus tastes great, love the wide variety of wines, and it is so romantic, I loved the view to the marina. You should definitely try it not only once.

Visited January 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Do not eat at this restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My friend and I were staying at the hotel and every night we walked by this restaurant it was always empty except for young wait staff checking their Iphones. I found a review of this restaurant in the hotel magazine, "El Sabor" raving about the new chef at this restaurant who specialized in "local Mexican flavors with an international flair." The chef was brought in from Mexico City to showcase the new cuisine of Mexico in a fine dining establishment.

The good, the setting was lovely. We were able to sit outside overlooking the marina and it was quiet and peaceful. The bad: the food. Our meal began with what we supposed was the house bread but it was literally a basket of burnt toast. This burnt toast was served with hard butter. A surprising start to our fine dining meal. My friend had the tortilla soup which was acidic and unflavorful. Having lived in Mexico before and had many bowls of tortilla soup, I was surprised that this soup could be so inedible. My friend also had a side of squash which was hard and undercooked. She asked for it to be cooked more and on the third try having it sent back, it was burnt.

I tried the steak for 37 US and the asparagus side for $7 US. Both were disappointing. The steak was extremely fatty and didn't have that seared steak taste. It was lukewarm like it had come out of the microwave. The asparagus was woody and extremely oily. Not what I would consider fine dining.

When we were given the bill promptly after our plates were taken away, the waiter stood hovering for us to pay the bill. He returned 3 times in 5 mins to see if we had paid the bill. My guess is he wanted to check for the tip. This was extremely unpleasant and in a fine dining restaurant, one expects to take their time and relax after dinner. I would not recommend this restaurant. I checked with our young waiter if the chef that was featured in the magazine was having a day off. The waiter replied, "no, it was the same chef."

Upon leaving the restaurant we did notice two other tables with people and observed that both tables were just having drinks. Perhaps that is the reason for enjoying the view at this restaurant. Do not be like us and be the only people dining at this restaurant which serves such bad food!

Visited December 2013
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Good food and drinks. Creative menu and ingredients.
Again, I don't appreciate having to write 50 charachters here. I said what I wanted to say already.

Visited December 2013