Well, I want to start out this review by telling any of you out there:
DO NOT RENT A CAR FROM HERTZ.
If you do, tough, I am blameless. You have been warned.
We had a great time, ten nights at the Paraiso. You have, or will read the reviews, and it is true. Richard and Gloria are very helpful, gracious hosts, and the B&B is beautiful. The setting is quiet, about a mile off the Malecon (Yes, walking distance. We did it every day, sometimes twice a day, once three times and did not need a taxi.) and the breakfast is good. OK, you have to remember this is a "Mexican" breakfast, beans, tortillas, sometimes egg, cheese and so on. It is not toast, pancakes, bacon and eggs.
Some reviewer said, "...pray you get the Sopas for breakfast..." They were good, but I would tell you the most beautiful and best breakfast was the blue corn tortillas with red chorizo, green avocado, white sauce and cheese (see photo).
They helped us set up trips (Take the Isla Espiritu Santos trip with Benjamin Duarte), get a cab for a full day trip (Ask for Sergio - you won't regret it) and Richard took time to try to resolve the issue with Hertz (see below).
I enjoyed sitting around on the rocking chairs in front of our room, at 7am drinking coffee and chatting with Richard.
Hertz: We had a reservation for a car. We flew into the SJD airport at 8PM on Christmas Night, and they totally stood us up, as in did not even show up. They also stranded another family of 6 who had pre-paid. Not more than four days later another guest shows up at Paraiso and guess who screwed them on a car reservation as well?
Think about this: 8PM on Christmas night, your room is 2.5 hours away and you are left standing, the friendly Budget and National car rental reps smiling at you, letting you know that "Hertz ran out of cars and went home hours ago..."
So far it is not resolved, but it will be.
But you have been warned.
Screw Hertz. Stay at the Paraiso. Two great decisions.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Paraiso De La Paz Hotel La Paz
- Hacienda Paraiso De La Paz Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a new and beautiful B&B/Inn, decorated in Mexican style. Located 1 mile from the Malecon and one block from an Urban beach, where you can start your mornings walking or watching the most wonderful Sunset in the evenings! We are dedicated to creating a memorable and treasured vacation in a safe, peaceful and secure atmosphere. After a wonderful day enjoying the sites of La Paz you can come HOME and sip a delicious Margarita and jump in the beautiful pool. Sit on the terrace and enjoy your freshly brewed coffee and delicious breakfast while sharing the beauty of our garden and waterfall. -WiFi FREE!-Secure Indoor Garage Parking-Infinity Pool with Waterfall-Purified Water at all times-Exercise RoomAll (No Smoking )Rooms-A/C-Fans-In-room Personal Security Safe-Refrigerator-Satellite TV-Clock/Radio-Hair Dryer ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.