“A Must for Any Trip to La Paz” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 209 Restaurants in La Paz
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Hot Dogs, Seafood, Barbecue, Hawaiian
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Buffet, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Portland, Oregon, United States
“A Must for Any Trip to La Paz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Every year my brother, sister and I go on a family fishing vacation to La Paz. And every year, without fail, we eat at Tailhunter Restaurant and FUBAR Cantina at least one night. It's always our favorite meal. Not only is the food superb by any standards, but the people are friendly and welcoming and the atmosphere is pure, wonderful La Paz, Mexico. You cannot go wrong with anything on the menu. And be sure to ask to meet Jonathan and Jill, the owners of Tailhunter. They can usually be found at the Restaurant and Cantina in the evenings and nothing is more fun than chatting with these two amazing people. You can't go wrong coming here and after just one meal, you'll be sure to make it a habit.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Jonathan R, Owner at Tailhunter Restaurant and FUBAR Cantina, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Lauren!

One of the great highlights of our season is having you, Jana and Scott come visit! Thanks for the great write-ups and the kind words on Trip Advisor. We'll keep the margaritas chilled and the fish growing bigger until your next visit...hopefully sooner than later! Big hugs and muchas gracias! We'll see you in Portland when we do the ISE shows.

God bless and best fishes always!

Harrison, Arkansas
“don't miss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a must for LA pazz, not only great food and service, but Jill and Jonathan make you feel like family and more fun than you can imagine.

Hi Folks!

Your visit was one of the highlights of the week and we surely enjoyed your visit, but moreso, watching you enjoy yourselves with the rest of our Tailhunter amigos! Thank you for taking the time to write us up and your kind words. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon. God bless and best fishes always!

Los Angeles, California
“Awesome diversity and quality of Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was very excited to try the menu that I looked at prior to arrival. The actual food did not disappoint. They have an incredible diversity from burgers and dogs to traditional mexican to world class different fish and also Hawaiin, like Poke. We caught some fresh squid and they made up some spicy squid ceviche for us that was "out of this world". Great food and friendly service along with good TVs for american football. Hard to beat.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Jonathan R, Owner at Tailhunter Restaurant and FUBAR Cantina, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Mike!

Glad you and Jim liked the squid that I whipped up! I think we'll have to put that on the menu permanently! I prepared it several times since you left and everyone loves it so we might just have to put it on the new menu! I wish I'd taken a photo of you two parked there on the 2nd floor terrace enjoying yourselves. It was great to have you down and we appreciate your taking the time to write us up Trip Advisor. Come see us again, amigo! Until then, God bless and best fishes!

Arvada, Colorado
“Best place in La Paz to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is my second fishing trip to La Paz fising and eating at Tailhunters Restaurant and after taking my wife there for dinner (her first time), she did not want to go anywhere else. The food is fresh and tastes great! You have to try the ribs - they are out of this world!!!! I tried dishes that I didn't last year and have to say that everything was good. You can not find a better Mango Margerita anywhere. If they have a band playing that night - stay! Jonathan played a set one night with the band and he plays a mean guitar. Jonathan and Jill are great hosts. I will eat there again on my next trip to La Paz - more than once too!

• Visited August 2013
Hi Folks!

As I may have mentioned, I have three endearing memories of your visit with us. One is listening to your wonderful stories of your courtship in Colorado. The second is when the two of you slow-danced to the band and you had the whole 3rd floor watching the two of you and everyone had big smiles. We were all touched. The third memory...well, it's FRANK on the dance pole! Of course!

It was such a great visit to have you share your vacation with us and thanks for such a nice write-up on Trip Advisor. It means more than you know. We'll look forward to the next visit. We send hugs and alohas!

God bless always!
South Pasadena, California
“One of the most delicious meals I've had EVER!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Every dish we had was delicious and full of flavor. We tried to guess the ingredients....and couldn't leave without the recipes. (I'm sure our attempts to duplicate will not be the same...)
I wish I could share my food photos! What a great meal!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jonathan R, Owner at Tailhunter Restaurant and FUBAR Cantina, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Kelly!

I am sitting here with a big grin on my face reading your comments! It was such a great time having you visit us especially because it was your first fishing trip and you did so well and then having you come over for dinner at the restaurant so we could cook everything up was just a great treat for us!

Thanks for taking the time to write your comments. They mean more than you know but even moreso, thanks for the visit! You come see us again soon, amiga! We'll keep the fish growing bigger and bigger!

God bless and best fishes!