“A very different food experience. Very distinct and strong flavors.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Buffalo BBQ

Buffalo BBQ
Madero 1240 | Col. Centro, La Paz 23000, Mexico
612 12 88755
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 188 Restaurants in La Paz
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The best steakhouse in northern Mexico, good atmosphere, good service and excellent selection of wines.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“A very different food experience. Very distinct and strong flavors.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

This is our first time visiting buffalo BBQ. We went after seeing on bizarre foods. My family of 6 ordered a lot of food. We started with appetizers: "Nachos that never were" which were served with fresh flour tortilla chips around a circle of chopped filet topped with guacamole, onions and cream. Very good. We also ordered the Nikkei Yellowtail which was almost like a sashimi but with very strong flavored sauces and herbs including basil and a Mexican spearmint and was overpowering in flavor. Entres include a texas burger which was huge and the kids really liked it. They did not ask how we would like it cooked and it was medium rare. The French Fries also had a very string flavor which tasted like a chile mix and no one could eat them; just too strong a flavor. We could have eaten more but what they aerved as ketchup was barely recognizable as ketchup. Heinz is so easy and that would have been acceptable. My wife ordered the Chamorro Tatemado which is a pork leg. This is one of my favorite dishes but it was prepared just like cochinita pibil which was barely ok. It was over cooked and we returned the plate. Another son ordered the BBQ ribs. Sauce was good but tough and certainly not fall off the bone. Decent ribs but nothing special. I ordered their special Surf and Turf which was supposed to be jumbo shrimp, short ribs, chicken peas and oxtail sauce and grasshopper butter. I received not jumbo shrimp and the short ribs was the boneless beef rib slab that they sell in Costco; extremely fatty. Also was a very creative vegetables including small carrots, baby brocoli and a side salad which also tasted very fresh and organi veggies if i would guess but the dressing was overpowering My food was very good overall and was worth for me a first visit. I possibly may come back again in the future but probably not with the family.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

La Paz, Mexico
“Great Atmosphere with Mediocre Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Steaks were over cooked and service slow. Atmosphere is great but we will pass in the future.

Moscow, Idaho, USA!
“Gourmet?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

¡Sí, en mi opinión! Great steaks, ribs, or anything grilled. Nice wine list. This trip was the first since they moved. It was pretty warm outside, and the large dining area was nicely air conditioned. I think they also have outside patio dining. Prices are close to what you would expect in the states, but very worth it.

Visited October 2011
Nevada
“hunks'o'beef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

first time I went to BBBQ I ordered the chop - had dinner and two meals after I took it home - they have specials and have had the steak for two that you cannot beat - wait staff attentive. I did like the old place better before they moved but still very nice

Seattle, Washington
“Meat eaters restaurant, we prefer Buffalito”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

At the Buffalo you will find good meat, but at a price. We prefer the little brother, Buffalito, located about 6 blocks away. Buffalo has a more normal building while Buffalito is open air, but Buffalito gets the thumbs up for flavor and value.