“Great Tostadas & Hot Sauce!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
OC
“Great Tostadas & Hot Sauce!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

A sunny afternoon in beautiful Ensenada... The only thing better than a Michelada is.... TOSTADAS!!

We walked up and there was already a good amount of people grubbing away... I read the Trip Advisor reviews and was about to pee my pants from excitement; until I saw them scooping what looked like seafood paste onto the tostadas. I ordered a Mixta, expecting something that tasted like a bad, mushy spicy tuna.

Woah! Not only was it fresh and absolutely delicious; due to their consistency, it doesn't spill as you crunch on the tostada!

They also have a huge selection of bottled salsas. I let my boyfriend choose one for me. Bad decision. He loaded mine up with a Habanero salsa. I teared up from the spice, but I gotta say; it was still fantastic.

This is definitely a must-try in Ensenada!

San Diego, California
“Amazing tostadas but even better Coctel de Mariscos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is one of the places I always stop by when I am in Ensenada. Yes there is a line most of the time so do not come hungry and yes there Special Tostadas (which come with full seafood and pretty filling) are a little pricier but still cheaper than in the US. My favortie is there Coctel Mixto (which comes with all the seafood) and one tostada (of whatever there special is, either the Caracol or the Mixed one). You do eat standing up and this place is more of a stop and go kind of place but it has become a classic in Ensenada, even for celebrities.

Visited August 2013
“seafood cocktails and ceviche like no other”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I don't know why but I was inspired to do something different at La Guerrerense, and that is to deviate from what i know i like and try something new. it was probably all the people around me yelling out orders for "una (or dos or tres) de la Guerrerense," which in this case is the special house ceviche which shares the name of the cart. so without knowing it exact components - this at a seafood cart that features clams and mussels and sea urchins, snails, and cucumbers - i went for it. when i saw mine on the plate, I didn't want to like it. i don't like unidentified sea critters. or rather, i don't like the idea of a sea critters crittering along, nevermind having said critters in my mouth. (my food partner in crime devoured a octopus + sea snail cocktail, exclaiming about textures and freshness, and i was turning up my nose in disgust the whole time.)

well, you know how this ends. the Guerrerense tostada was awesome. it took about 3 bites before i was fully won over, but the thing was undeniably refreshing and tasty and plain good, with that addictive qualities of really good ceviches.

so take the plunge if you're at La Guerrerense, you'll be in for a treat. but they also have traditional fish and shrimp ceviches and cocktails if you want to stay on the safe side

Tip:
line up on the left side for cocktails and on the right for ceviche tostadas

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“next time a expensive restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

So we saw Sabina Bandera tostada stand in ensenada on one of those TV shows and of course we hit the road from TJ. After a hard time to park the car since it is right there on a busy street we aproach the cart., It was crowded like with 50 people, so it took like 30 minutes to plece the order. Thay make the tostadas in 1 minute, they have everything prepare and ready to go.

The tostadas are defenitly not the best in the world. you can find much better tostadas anywhere in Veracruz or Sinaloa, hell even in Tijuana are much better tostadas.

What impress me was the price, 50 pesos for one tostada, so we order 8 tostadas we paid 450 pesos with the drinks......next time I will take my 450 and go to a restaurant with parking lot, waiters and even get a factura to deduct the expense!

definetly will never go there again, around the corner and the same tostadas for half of the price and no crowd.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Solana Beach, California
“Awesome Fish Tostadas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Our hotel room was right across the street. We checked in and I went out on to our balcony and low and behold, there's the place I saw on Anthony Bourdains show.
So I walked across the street and got four fish tostadas. Two for me and two for my 12 year old daughter. Best I ever had. Tons of yummy salsas to choose from and cheap too!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere