“Great view but lacked staff attention” 4 of 5 stars

Estero Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Estero Beach, Ensenada 22800, Mexico   |
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Ensenada
Copperas Cove, Texas
“Great view but lacked staff attention”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I booked two days and though I am dissapointed at the service (the sink was clugged, the no towels, the AC didn't work, and I was oversharged, so I had to spend time fixing that), I would say the location is great; especially for Ensenada; next to the beach with awesome views. I would give it a five, but the staff overlooks simple stuff. They need to be more tentative; for being called a resort, I expected that. There were a lot of empty beer cans around the jacuzzi, and the bathroom was not cleaned the second day. Also, don't expect a receipt upon check out as they say they don't give you one exept for the handwritten one you get upon cheking in.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool have an excellent view, though you have to deal with some noice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My family and I spent the weekend at this Resort. Booked through Expedia the day before stay. It is out of the way and a little tricky to find. But it is near a lot of things like Walmart and SAM's Club. Everything went well at check in as it took less than 5 minutes, Porters helps us with our bags from the parking lot. (Where one checks in is quite far from where your room is The room was not modern but very comfortable (two Queens) and spacious (No Flat screen TVs or expansive Digital Program in English - No ESPN/CNN in English). We had a 2nd floor room facing the pool with a balcony and it provided a lovely view. Everyone from resort was very hospitable and friendly. When I needed direction, they steered me in the right direction. Spas were hot and my kids say the pool was fun. Plenty of seating and had couple of bars, (1 in the pool). Parking was close by, but no elevators. (But not necessary for two story building). It seemed many of the people we encountered had stayed there before. My only disappointment was with the Beach. While there were many Beach activities, the beach was small and to be honest, uninviting (the very opposite of the Pool area). The restaurant food was good, but the menu for lunch and dinner was the same. For those who like sushi, there was a sushi bar in the restaurant. Good News was there was a lot of Eateries within 20 minutes of the hotel if you had a car (along with an excellent movie theater with movies for those who need to see them in English). All in all we had a very,very pleasant stay there. One other point, Ensenada was not very hot in June (AZ was 117 and Ensenada was 80), so pool and Beach water was a bit chilly (it seemed to stop no one from swimming in the pool or enjoying the hot tubs)...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I loved this hotel. I went with my girlfriend for a get away and hit the wineries on the way home. We had a ocean front room which we loved! The pool rooms are nice as well but you have to listen to the kids play. The restaurant is good a lot of American and Mexican entrees to choice from. Service is wonderful. Everyone is very friendly. Bring your fishing pole! Great fishing wall and beach right there. Seals playing in the water. I cant wait to go back! Wineries are a must. Your missing out if you haven't been yet. VERY safe and comfortable. You feel like your in Sonoma! Easy day trip from San Diego.

Room Tip: Ocean not pool if you want peace and quite.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
La Quinta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We are residents (Permante) of Estero Beach. For the past two years we had stopped going to the restaurant because the food/service was not comparable to previous years.

We went and talked with the new manager of the restaurant and were pleased with his philosophy, causing us to order a dinner (off the menu but they were delighted to prepare).

It turned out to be the best dinner we have had at the resort in about 10 years. Just outstanding.

It's obvious they are trying to upgrade the restaurant and the menu.

Congratulations to the Management and the staff for such a great meal. (Crab stuffed shrimp)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I have been visiting Estero since 2008 (see previous review). We're from California and I can't tell you how many people tell us not to go to Mexico because it is unsafe. We've never had any problems, but we do make sure to make the drive during the day and to take the toll road to Ensenada. Ensenada doesn't have 5 star hotels like Cabo or Cancun, but it has it's own charm and is perfect for travelers on a budget. Hotel Estero Beach is beautiful and safe. We LOVE the pool area and the view of the ocean. We just got back from a few days at Estero (May 25th-28th). We were happily surprised by a couple upgrades to our room...a flat screen, larger TV and an air conditioning unit. Also, the restaurant on the property had some new menu items that we enjoyed. It's so relaxing to sit and eat breakfast with the beautiful view of the ocean. Estero is popular and lots of fun in the high season, and fairly empty but romantic in the off season. We love it there and we hope you will too (but not so much that we can't get reservations whenever we want to)! ;-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My stay at this hotel was because of a wedding, we had a great time at the wedding, but the hotel needs some work, its old it need some renovation, the rooms are overprized. My room was very small no couch or sofa, the water on the showers was salty, I'm not sure why I know we are by the sea but the water should not be salty. For the prices the charge for the rooms I expected a lot more than what I got. The wedding was at the hotel and they do have an excellent view of the ocean, they just need to work on the renovation of the hotel, is too old for the prices they charge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rialto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I visited Ensenada Mexico in mid April to check out the crime scene and all the hoopla going on in Ensenada since 2005. We reviewed all the website and found them to be friendly and cautious. So we came and discovered Ensenada and all its beauty. We came in our RV and stayed at Estero Beach RV resort. What a wonderful place. Security was friendly and always around to ensure our safety. The grounds were kept up and they had both 30 and 50 amp receptacles. You need to check this place out if you are RVing or plan to stay in Ensenada. Walking around was like being in Cancun with plenty of places to eat and drink. Friendly people and chartering a boat for fishing was great and inexpensive. Have fun and be cautious by respecting all people in general.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Estero Beach Resort? Share your experiences!