“Excellent choice when in Ensenada” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Ensenada
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Excellent choice when in Ensenada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were so impressed with this property on our recent visit to Ensenada. The hotel is centrally located - within walking distance of most attractions. The front desk staff is very professional and extremely helpful. And, the room we had was delightful. It is spotless with nice amenities. The bed was especially comfortable. And, we enjoyed the pleasant pool and the friendly lounge/bar. We look forward to our return to Posada El Rey Sol.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
globetrotter60, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Posada El Rey Sol, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Sally,

We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, we are always working on bringing the best service to our guest! Here, you have your home in Ensenada!

Hope to see you soon! and thank you for your review!

Reservations manager
reservaciones@elreysol.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
San José del Cabo, Baja California Sur, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have driven the Baja several times, it's been hit and miss when it comes to getting a nice hotel or motel that allows pets. This hotel was great, the staff was friendly and helpful, the room was nice and clean, bed very comfortable and their French restaurant was to die for! Excellent food and service and very reasonably priced. It's an older hotel and could use some updating but it is well maintained and very clean. All in all we were extremely pleased!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

globetrotter60, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Posada El Rey Sol, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear AnneMcKinty,

It's great to know that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel Posada El Rey Sol, we are always trying to pleased our guest! and of course our guest's pets too!

Hope to have you soon in our Hotel and in our Restaurant El Rey Sol, and thanks a lot for sharing your experience!

Reservations manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

For people expecting a grand resort, this is not your place. For others, like me, looking for a place with affordable prices, a great location, and unexpected perks, this is the hotel you are looking for.

Upon arrival, we got a free hour of margaritas. Each morning came with a complementary breakfast discount from one of the best restaurants in Ensenada, just across the street. Last but not least, the concierge gave us a fast pass permit to cross the border back into the US in less than 25min! (would have taken us about two hours in line if not for this)

Besides these cool perks, Posada el Rey Sol is also located at the heart of Ensenada's tourist attractions. The rooms are clean and well equipped. In terms of safety, let's just say that my friends and I had no problems walking to and from nearby stores and bars regardless of the time of the day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks a lot for your great review, we always make and extra effort to have our guest very happy! That is why we offer a breakfast in one of the best restaurants in Ensenada, "El Rey Sol", one-free-hour of Margaritas, all you can drink!! and of course our Fast Pass which is included on your rate and you will be crossing the border in 25 minutes or less, don't forget to ask for it at your check-out! we are one of the few hotels in Ensenada that have this service.

Once again, thanks for your review and hope to have you back soon in Posada El Rey Sol!

Powell River, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We've stayed here several times. The welcome this time was friendly and warm. We like that our pooch is also welcomed. The hotel is clean, comfortable, completely safe and the rooms are attractive. For a mid range choice, located steps from the harbour, shops and restaurants, you can't do better than the El Rey Sol

• Stayed March 2013
Thanks a lot for your awesome review!
We are the only pet-friendly hotel in Ensenada and the reason is because we love pets! and we understand that they need our company as much as we need their.

Hope to have you and your pooch back soon!

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I will like to give my opinion I really recommend this place it really nice, I stayed in the Jr. suite will really nice, only thing they said there would be a bottle of wine in the room but no it was not, all we got was the 1hr margarita, and sure thing they said the price was 154 dlls but when I got charge it was 164 dlls. but other than that the place very clean, and the personell there is very professional they really help out good. And the free breakfast they offer is very good to the restaurant is very nice and really good food I truly recommend it. so me and my husband were very satisfied.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Betzy,

Thanks a lot for your good review, we will take in mind the situation and make sure this won't happen again so you or any other guest can have a 100% great experience at our hotel!

We hope to have you back once again sometime here at Posada El Rey Sol.

Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend 05/31/13,for the baja 500 the location was great very centrally located and the staff was super friendly they did everything they could to accommodate to our needs!! My reservation had actually been cancelled and I called and they kept my reservation!! The room was clean and very spacious!! The price was good very inexpensive for what all you get!! I will surely be staying here again on my next trip to Ensenada!!
**Suzie**

Room Tip: the corner room facing the front was great because it had a balcony
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Rodrigo R, Director de Recepción at Americas Best Value Inn - Posada El Rey Sol, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Azucena R,

I appreciate you taking part of your time to write a review here on trip advisor, and I thank you for choosing Hotel Posada El Rey Sol as your place to stay during your visit to Ensenada.

I'm glad you found the hotel of your liking, and that our staff was corteous to you. Also I'm glad that your reservation was kept for it is hard to try to get a room during any of the Baja events in town.

Thank you once again for your comment. We look forward to have you at our hotel soon.

Rodrigo Ramirez
Front Desk Manager
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. Upon arrival, there was a mix up with the type of room that I requested. However, the manager, Rodrigo, immediately corrected it without inconveniencing my wife and I. I was immediately impressed with his willingness to make it right. Our room was nicely acquainted, clean, and felt very secure. Everything I wanted for a hotel in Ensenada. The additional perks are what elevated this hotel to five stars.

Upon check-in, my wife and I were given two free welcome margaritas from the hotel bar. Additionally, the included breakfast from El Rey Del Sol restaurant was certainly more than what was expected. Service, ambiance, and food were all excellent there for breakfast. Although we didn't use the parking lot at the hotel, it would certainly be useful had we driven to Ensenada. And finally, we were left highly impressed with all of the onsite hotel staff. The gentleman that helped with our bags (sorry, I did not get his name) was so helpful throughout the entire weekend. I wanted to point that out to the hotel.

The location of the hotel is perfect. It is just far enough away from the large bars in Ensenada to be away from the chaos, but close enough to easily walk there should you want to partake. You can see the bay from the hotel and you are within about a 5 minute walk from anywhere in downtown Ensenada that you'd like to go. Really it's the ideal location.

Lastly, I sincerely appreciated Rodrigo's willingness to arrange a tour of the wine country for us. He connected us with a wonderful guide who gave us more than our money's worth. All in all, I could not have asked for more from this hotel. I will certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Levi R,

It's the best of my day to login onto tripadvisor and find such a comment here, I really enjoy reading that someone left our facilities and really got the best of it.

It is our duty to make you feel at home, therefore we always try to give all of our guests their best experience ever, thus doing all we can to make everything perfect. I'm glad you've enjoyed our bar, as well as our restaurant and that you liked the location.

There are far more activities to do here in Ensenada, such as: Whale watching ( December - March ), Yellowfin sea aquarium ( All year round ), Scuba Diving at la Bufadora ( Summer ), Canopy tour at las canadas ( All year round ), Surfing ( All year round ), Sport Fishing ( All year round ), Score's Intl. Baja 250, 500 and 1000.

Once again, thank you for such a nice review, and I will make sure to let all of our staff know about your feelings towards their service. I hope to see you here once again on your next visit to Ensenada.

Best Regards,

Rodrigo Ramirez
Front Desk Manager
reservaciones@elreysol.com

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Posada El Rey Sol? Share your experiences!