“Great place to stay in Ensenada” 4 of 5 stars

San Nicolas Hotel and Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   First Street and Guadalupe, Ensenada 22800, Mexico   |
Ranked #20 of 36 hotels in Ensenada
La Mesa
“Great place to stay in Ensenada”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

I spent two nights here last weekend. Good rooms,older hotel, nice facilities - bar, pool, hot tub, restaurant . The staff is great and I often use this hotel as a launching spot for my trips to Baja. A key feature is the secure parking with a 24 hour guard. While Baja is relatively safe these days I like not having to worry about my truck or motorcycle. I sometimes leave my truck here while moto riding further down the peninsula.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Although the hotel has good location and good service I had a terrible experience there. Unfortunately my husband and I came back full of bites from bedbugs!!!The rooms are quite old too. I do not recommend this hotel...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Sun Valley, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

My family and I have been staying at this hotel for years. Im talking over 20 years maybe 30..and ive always loved it. Its close to first street. Has a huge pool and its open late. Rooms are clean and comfy. It has privite parking and staff is great. However this is an older hotel, but although there are much newer hotels, theres something about this place that always brings us back.

• Stayed July 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

This was my first trip to Ensenada and to be honest I was a little nervous about the hotel. Fear not! The place felt safe, the room was very clean. I was very happy with the service and the room. Its not right downtown but there always a cab outside of the hotel, for about $8 they drop you off at the action. The hotel also has gated parking which I really liked also. I will be staying there again in the future :)

• Stayed May 2012
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Everything was just fine to celebrate our Labor weekend. They gave us a price and ended up over charging us more than the price they gave us. We were checking out of the hotel, while the valet parking guy was putting our luggage and bringing our vehicle to the front. We were crossing the border, when we realized our U.S passports weren't in the glove compartment, neither were a pair of Gucci sunglasses. We called the hotel and came up with a conclusion that they couldn't do anything about the problem because the lack of evidence. NOT RECOMMEND.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Coronado, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

I liked this hotel. It has personality. It has an aztec theme to it. Staff is very friendly. Beds are comfortable. Its almost walking distance to the main street.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

I have stayed at San Nicolas over the years and always return due to the ease of making reservations and the dependable service. From the front desk to the bell hop, everyone is pleasant and helpful. The hotel provides free secure parking with preferred spaces for the guests, while casino guests park in the gravel lot. The rooms are large and comfortable, but this is Mexico, so the wall AC units are a bit noisy and occasionally people running through the halls at night can be disturbing. The location is great, just a couple blocks from the tourist area, and without all the noise and traffic. Easy access, great location, and internet reservations make this place a keeper.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to San Nicolas Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!