“Extremely clean!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Casa del Sol

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ensenada
Hotel Casa del Sol
You added Hotel Casa del Sol to your Saves list
Ave Adolfo Lopez Mateos y Blancarte 1001, Ensenada 22800, Mexico   |
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Ensenada
calgary
“Extremely clean!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2008

Our company was in Ensenada with YWAM to build homes for people in the area. We stayed at the Cas Del Sol. We were extremely surprised. The beds were awesome -- hard for some in our group, but I thought they were great, pillows good too! They even had TV! There were no bugs! The bathroom and shower were spic and span! Overall an excellent place to stay!

• Stayed February 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
los angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2007

We really enjoyed our stay at Casa Del Sol this weekend.It was very clean and close to everything in town.The only bad thing I have to say about this place was their pillows ( very bad) But again we forgot out own,so all in all a very nice place to stay!!!!!
P.S.The fish tacos are the best I have ever had!!!!!!!!!

Stayed September 2007
Dana Point, CAlifornia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2007

We recently stayed at the Casa del Sol in Ensenada and what an improvement ! We have stayed there in the past and they have remodeled the rooms on the ground floor and they are wonderful. Nice bathrooms and the bedroom area is very nice. Great beds, nice accessories and room # 11 is incredible. The management there is terrific. Very accomodating and Nick at the from desk speaks beautiful English. The coffee and wine bar that is attached is great also. Had a wonderful lunch there as well as breakfast the next morning.
Great location downtown and lovely people .

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
california
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2006

They agreed to charge $75/night for a Fri/Sat and $60 for Sunday. At check out they said the conversation never took place. Charming thieves. Nice location though.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — overcharging
  • Tips/Secrets — get the deal in writing
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tokyo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2006

Looking at the high evaluations here, I made a reservation by phone. They told me that the cost of a king bed room was USD85 because of the weekend. Though I thoght it was expensive, I reserved. After reaching to the hotel, they prepared a queen room for me and the cost was the same. Also, I asked the cost again and they told me first that the cost was 75USD, until they look at the booking record. So, I thought I was deceived.

A room was ok, but old. Not as good as I expected. The pool was good, though.

As the room was very noisy at the midnight, I could't sleep very well. I heard a lot of music and deep bass the speaker made until 3 or 4am. I would say that I would never come back here again. Totally disappointed.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Noise, dishonestey of front desk
  • Tips/Secrets — Should be booked in the internet and leave the evidence
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ensenada, B.C., Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2006

Talk about an excellent experience.
I have stayed at Casa Del Sol on several occasions, never had cause to complain, if there is a problem they tend to address it as expeditiously as possible.
Being located so close to Ave.Lopez Mateos, the main tourist area, there is always going to be a lot of noise on weekends, particularly on Holidays, so don't expect much in the way of quiet on weekends.

As for pricing, they raise their prices, as doeas every other hotel in most tourist destinations, on Friday and Saturday as well as Holidays, a standard in the Industry. Still, their pricing remains very reasonable!

The rooms are spotless, the linens clean and you could generally eat off of the floors in the bathrooms, figuratively speaking of course.

There is complimentary coffee at the Taszas Bistro, Dreyers Ice cream at their Ice Cream parlor and excellent Tacos on the corner, and, their bar is clean and drink prices very reasonable.

All in all, an above average property, not to mention the fact that the front desk staff all speak English.

Summation, an excellent choice for a clean and reasonably priced place to stay! It is recommended that you call ahead though, their rooms go quickly to those who have stayed here previously!

Stayed June 2006
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2006

We stayed at the Casa de Sol for 3 nights in July 2006 and really loved it. Our room was right off the pool and it was great to go over to the coffee shop in the morning (they open at 6:00 am), pick up bagels and coffee and eat breakfast by the pool. The rooms were clean, and pleasantly decorated. The beds were hard, but thankfully not lumpy. Our boys, aged 5 and 10 loved the pool and especially loved the churros shop next door. They couldn't understand why it didn't open until 4:00 PM. The location is excellent and we did not find it too noisy. I agree that the parking is not ideal, but because everything is in walking distance we weren't using our car often so we didn't mind too much having it parked off site. Don't miss a visit to the cultural centre. The gardens are beautiful, and relaxing and the small museum is certainly worth the $1 admission.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Casa del Sol? Share your experiences!