“Expensive for baja Norte hotel but nice non the less. A bit far from town center.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Coral & Marina

You added Hotel Coral & Marina to your Saves list
Hotel Coral & Marina
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   km 103 Carretera Tijuana - Ensenada | No 3421 Zona Playitas, Ensenada 22860, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Ensenada
Certificate of Excellence 2014
La Jolla, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

So I was referred to the Coral while I was in Rosarito at the inn there. I have spent a lot of time in Ensenada over the years but first time here. The rooms are huge, well decorated and the beds are great. I wish I had those linens at home! No robes in room. I don't understand this and when I called desk they said I could get one for 100 deposit! WTH! Like everything ever built in Mexico nothing is quite right, th I s does apply here. Jacuzzis only heat when In use so cold when you start them. Breakfast buffet good. No way to walk anywhere really. About 5 miles from city center. I honestly believe there are better options for less money.

• Stayed September 2013
HotelCoralMarina, Manager at Hotel Coral & Marina, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear LaJollaVet,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We truly appreciate that you have allowed us the opportunity to learn about your experience. It is good to know that you like the linens, if you desire I could give you our supplier information, please feel free to contact me. The robes we provide are from a great quality the cost is similar to the deposit we asked for, nevertheless your comment will be given to the management to evaluate the rate and deposit politics.

Thank you for the remark at the breakfast buffet. Regarding the jacuzzi we are working on a maintenance program to ensure an optimal equipment performance related with our standard operation.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and restore your confidence.

Best regards,

Ing. Adalberto Villa
Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I was amazed with everything this hotel had to offer, the views, the room, service, Food! Their brunch is to die for! The staff was extremely helpful and attentive to our needs, I couldn't have asked for a better experience, Valentin in the reception desk really tended to all our need and exceed my expectations, he definitely went above and beyond to make sure we were happy! Definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed February 2014
HotelCoralMarina, Manager at Hotel Coral & Marina, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Mexicanmilkyway1,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and praising our facilities, food and service so highly. I'm very pleased to read that you wrote exclusively about us at the TripAdvisor community.

Thank you for your kind review and comments! it is wonderful to know that our staff provided you with helpful and attentive customer service. I appreciate the great mention you made about the experience Valentin bring to you throughout your stay. I sincerely believe that our staff go above and beyond to provide memorable experiences to our guests.

Thank you again for your wonderful remarks and for recommend Hotel Coral & Marina.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We live in San Diego and love the easy access to Mexico ~ while we are big fans of Rosarito, Sayulita & Puerta Vallarta we decided to check out Ensenada for the first time in January as a lil weekend getaway...The Hotel Coral & Marina is definitely the right choice and we had a fantastic weekend. Our suite was beautiful, the pool, jacuzzi, spa, restaurant, outside bar, friendly staff...all of it was perfect. I must give notable mention to Carlos Guillermo that works in the restaurant. This gentleman takes pride in his job and made us feel like we were the most important people there ~ He is truly old school in his treatment of the guests and his level of accommodation meant the world to us. I have no hesitation in recommending this property for anyone traveling to Ensenada, noting of course it's nice convenient location and ease of getting to the wine country as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelCoralMarina, Manager at Hotel Coral & Marina, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Caligirl1270,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always great to see a guest detailing a wonderful experience. Thank you for choosing us as your host at your weekend getaway it make us feel terrific to know that your stay was fantastic and that you enjoy the facilities.

You particularly highlight at the care and attention shown by the team it is greatly appreciated and I will personally be thanking them, specially Carlos Guillermo for the flawless service he provided to you.
I truly value your recommendation at the TripAdvisor community.

It will be our pleasure to make you happy at your next visit to Hotel Coral & Marina.

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Just spent the weekend down in Ensenada. Our itinerary was put together by Mr. Villa, of the Coral and Marina. Everything went smoothly. The drive was stress free. Wine "tasting" was fantastic. Sarmiento, at Las Fuentes Winery was fun. The hotel was great, as usual. The brunches were tasty. Wished it could of lasted longer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
HotelCoralMarina, Manager at Hotel Coral & Marina, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Larry N,

Thank you so much for sharing your valuable review and give us a five star rating. It makes us very proud to know that our service was great.
Thank you very much for your recent visit, it's very good that everything was smoothly during your weekend stay.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon for another great and longer stay at Hotel Coral & Marina.

Kind regards,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I ditto everything that DJ1234 wrotw about out van trip to Ensenada on Presidents day weeked.

I would like to add that the hotel manager, Mr Villa, put this trip together for us with every detail managed perfectly. Plus he sent regular itinerary updates as our plans became more specific. Even with the perfectly planned itinerary, our driver Alejandro, was completely open to changes and suggestions along the way.

I have stayed at the Hotel Coral in Ensenada numerous times and with every visit, I notice positive changes in both the facility and grounds. I wouldn’t consider staying anywhere else when I travel to Ensenada.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
HotelCoralMarina, Manager at Hotel Coral & Marina, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Ann D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in such a positive light. I am thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and the visit to the vineyards.

So gratified that our staff was great for you particularly Alejandro, they genuinely care about our guests. Wonderful that you could notice all the positive changes we made since your last visit, more are coming for the comfort and satisfaction of our distinguished guests.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again during the year and thank you again for your great review and your preference to Hotel Coral & Marina.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

The eight of us (adults), returned Monday after a beautiful 3 day / 2 night stay at Hotel Coral & Marina.

Mr. Villa was instrumental in putting together our package, which included transportation to/from Marina Del Rey-Ensenada. His attention to every detail, every winery reservation (we went wine tasting) – was impeccable.

If you’ve never driven or been to Ensenada, this is a fantastic way to familiarize yourself with the route. Even if you have driven to Ensenada before (we have been doing it for 20 years), it’s SO nice to leave the driving to someone else and just relax. It felt like our vacation really started the moment we got on the van.

Saturday morning, Alejandro, our driver arrived at our house at 7am, our reservation was for 7:30am. The other guests (not nearly as punctual as Alejandro) arrived around 7:45am and we loaded our luggage, departing at 8am. On the road, we enjoyed some breakfast burritos and snacks that we had brought from home. We played music from our ipods over the stereo (bring your own connector) and they even had a DVD player that could be hooked up via USB. We chatted and sang (poor Alejandro was subjected to my less-than-stellar vocals), making the drive-time seem very quick. The van is newer, with bench seating and seat belts. Quite comfortable. Alejandro had GPS and stayed in contact with the hotel via cell phone.

We arrived to Villa De Guadalupe a little early for our wine tasting reservations, so we asked Alejandro for recommendations to local places we could visit. He took us to the town of Francisco Zarco to a couple little country stores, where we tasted cheese and wine and condiments – we purchased some delicious treasures and these were places we would have never found on our own. We really enjoy Alejandro’s professionalism, his happy domineer and his genuinly nice personality.

The wine tasting at Sol Y Barro, Adobe Guadalupe and Emeve was exquisite! Even though the grape vines were bare during this time of year, Villa De Guadalupe is still beautiful! We ended the day with an early dinner at Sarmiento Restaurant located at Las Fuentes winery. Our van was greeted upon arrival by Mr. Fuentes, the owner. His daughter was our waitress – they made us feel like family. The cuisine was traditional Mexican food and it was terrific. All of us were blown away by the mushroom/garlic appetizer. They have store to shop for souvenirs.

Arriving at the hotel, the bellman promptly loaded our luggage onto carts and up to our rooms and reception expedited our check-in process.

Our hotel rooms were 3 Jr. Suite Kings & 1 Standard with two beds – 4 rooms total, all next door to one another. The views from the balconies, overlooking the marina are brilliant. Every room in the hotel has a view of the marina. Each room was spacious, with flat screen TVs, a safe, large bathrooms with a separate commode. The beds were comfortable with quality linens and our towels were really thick and soft. There are coffee makers in all the rooms and two bottles of water. As per our request, we had un-remodeled suites with refrigerators, which were perfect, because we had purchased some cheeses.

Each morning my husband and I would work out at the gym. There is a new elliptical machine that I really enjoyed (3 total now), my husband used 1 of the 3 stationary bikes. The gym has weights, weight machines 4 treadmills, 1 stair climber – enough equipment to keep your fitness on track while you are away from home.
One morning we decided to rent the new aqua bicycles (pic) in the marina – SO much fun! Our girlfriend did the paddleboard. Last time we used the kayak, which was fun too. Cost is normally $16 an hour, but they were running a 2 for 1 special, so it was only $8 each. We enjoyed walking around the marina, looking at the beautiful boats and spotting wildlife in the water.

Buffet breakfast was delicious both mornings! Sunday especially, was really nice with an abundance of fresh fruit, made-to-order omelets, fresh lamb cooked over and open fire outside, grilled clams and oysters, crème brule…this list goes on forever! The waiters could not do enough for us, bringing fresh made quesadillas and salsa, coffee and orange juice.

The new spa is in under construction; however I did not hear any noise while we were there. It is going to be huge and from the pictures –very modern. We were told that they hope to have it open by May. I look forward to utilizing their services.

The hotel bar is beautiful. Some friends also enjoyed the new Marina bar too– which is a little more casual, located near the marina store.

Sunday afternoon we went into town, where Papa’s and Beer was very lively (a cruise ship was in port). After a couple cervezas and some dancing, we did some shopping, then found our way to Taco Lindo next door to Papa's for an early dinner, where Martine took very good care of us. Then onto Hussong’s for some live mariachi and a night cap. Cab rides into / out of town were $8 ea way.

A good night’s rest at Hotel Coral and Marina and we departed, Monday at 11am. Our drive back, we had Francisco as our driver. He was very focused on the road, making us feel quite safe. The drive was smooth and the detour (from the toll road closure) seemed to only effect the time by about 15 minutes. We arrived at San Ysidro border behind only 3 other vans (there is a separate van-lane). We wheeled own luggage through the pedestrian lane (there is a separate van-pedestrian-lane) and customs, which only took about 10 minutes and we were back in the van on the US side of the border, headed home. Total time at the border: 1 hour 10 minutes (imagine those people traveling by auto in the regular lanes waited 4-5 hours, since it was a Monday of a holiday weekend and those in the regular pedestrian lane waited in excess of 2 hours). On the way back, some of us slept, some sang, some read…it was so nice to leave the driving to Francisco.

Special thanks to the warm and gracious staff at Hotel Coral for taking such good care of us, especially Mr. Villa for arranging our trip and the special gifts in our room and at check-out.

We are already planning the ‘next’ trip, which will be soon, very, very soon.

Room Tip: Hotel packages are a great way to save money!
Dear DJ1234,

Thank you very much for the astonished contribution to the TripAdvisor community. It is wonderful to read a detail experience wrote by our valuable guests.
Your generous words on me and my team are greatly appreciated and I will personally be thanking them, specially to Alejandro and Francisco.

Thank you for the many highlights you made: the driving service, the rooms, the gym, the marina fun activities, the Sunday brunch, the bar and for your
special thanks to my staff as I repeatedly said: I truly believe that Hotel Coral & Marina staff brings an excellent service.

We look forward to you and your friends returning, very, very soon.

Best regards,

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Our Rotary group stayed here during a recent visit to Ensenada. The rooms were clean, spacious and we had a beautiful view from our 5th floor patio of the marina. We enjoyed the indoor spa and pool in the evening and the Sunday buffet breakfast is spectacular. It's a short taxi ride into the city for shopping or you can easily drive but parking is a nightmare in the city. The hotel has a nice covered garage. The property is controlled by a guarded gate. The service was excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
HotelCoralMarina, Manager at Hotel Coral & Marina, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Nuwildcat65,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and rewarding us with your compliment "the Hotel is a keeper". Thank you for choosing Hotel Coral & Marina as host of your distinguished group.
I'm very pleased to read that you enjoyed the accommodations and the marina view. Awesome! "spectacular sunday breakfast buffet" our restaurant staff will be happy to know about your special mention.
We truly believe that our staff brings an excellent service and remarks as you share with us validate it.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back for another stay at Hotel Coral & Marina.

Ing. Adalberto Villa
Rooms Division Manager

Been to Hotel Coral & Marina? Share your experiences!