“Great breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 206 Restaurants in Ensenada
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Point Loma, CA
“Great breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Loved the breakfast and service at this restaurant, the pastries were to die for! I will certainly come back when in Ensenada, highly recommend!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Corona del Mar, California
“hidden gem in baja”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

came down for a little getaway in baja with my wife to stay at our house in ensenada. we had heard about the restaurant but we were a little skeptical as to the service and ambiance.
after walking in my concerns were automatically discarded as i walked into an amazing and beautiful restaurant...food was amazing and staff was so welcoming and on top of everything from keeping my wife happy as well as creating dishes for us that were not on the menu....being a chef myself i was blown away as well as totally satisfied with the dishes.......would recommend this to everyone to check out their pastries tasted like the ones i have eaten in France delicate and rich absolutely divine

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We really enjoy the table side Caesar salad and the complimentary appetizers from the chef. We went on a Saturday for lunch and walked out very FULL. Normally I am not a fan of tableside music but the older gentleman with a guitar is terrific! He knows just about every American and Mexican song that was ever made. Any request we had, he could do and do so well. Beautiful talent.

Visited March 2013
Visalia, California
“Wonderful Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had breakfast on the street, it was wonderful. The service was great, they threw in pastries and quesadillas at no extra charge. The food was fantastic, almost the best I have ever had. I tried the Mexican version of eggs benedict and I am looking forward to having it again. There was one little problem and it was, once the food arrived and they asked if there was anything else, they disappeared. We wanted more coffee and hot water for tea but by the time they came back outside we were through. Going back again, the food was great.

• Visited March 2013
St. Louis, Missouri
“Awesome dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I chose El Rey Sol for our last night in Ensenada. This was our "splurge" dinner. I'm so glad we did! First off, we had an awesome meal for about $50 total. I got the Filet Mignon, which came in a perfect, while generous, portion, and perfectly cooked. I got it with the Black Pepper sauce, which added a nice kick. The presentation of everything was very classy. They brought out complimentary samples of some cheeses and appetizers, and yummy warm bread. My husband got the corn soup with his meal, which was very good and unique. The waiter even offered to bring more because we finished his bowl so quickly! My only regret was being too full for dessert.