“Family Adventure Week” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #113 of 387 activities in Baja California
Type: Water sports, Sports Camps/ Clinics
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Punta San Carlos enjoys world class surfing, windsurfing, kiteboarding, mountain biking, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, hiking, fishing and more!
Maine, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Family Adventure Week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

With the whole family this time. 9 year old son was thrilled by surfing, tide pool exploring, and his first single track bike riding. 13 year old daughter loved the surfing, sitting in Ginger reading and daily bike ride on Dad's. My wife and I SUP surfed most mornings and often in the evening also. I wave sailed almost every afternoon in the perfection of San Carlos. Our highlight for sure was watching the kids catch the waves right in front of the camp. We will be back for sure.

Visited October 2012

Huntington Beach, California
“No Surf...But Still Had a Great Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was told about Solo Sports, Punta San Carlos adventure camp, last year by a couple friends who had made the trip in August, 2011. They couldn't say enough great things about the place.
So, with that, we decided to go in August, 2012. None of us are windsurfers or kite surfers...surfing is our thing...The place has a great set up with three point breaks and a couple reefs. My friends scored some fun surf all to themselves on their first trip and we had high hopes of a repeat performance...Unfortunately, we arrived AFTER a good swell and BEFORE another bigger one...For us, we had lake-like conditions...Totally flat for the entire time we were there. Now, I've been surfing for almost fifty years and have been on my share of surf trips...I know that surf is never guaranteed...especially, when you plan a trip months in advance for a certain date. With that said, we still had a terrific time! We hiked, ate like kings, enjoyed great libations and were treated as if we were staying at a five-star hotel...One of the highlights of the trip was an escorted tour of some of the many archeological sites in the area. Each day, we awoke hoping a small swell had arrived. And, each day were disappointed to see it hadn't...however, none of us were disappointed with the camp, the staff and the hospitality shown to us by everyone involved with the operation...Would I go back? YOU BET...Surf or no surf, it's well worth the visit.

Visited August 2012
Kevin T, Owner at SoloSports Adventure Holidays, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thanks Len, you forgot to mention that you make a mean Manhattan! In fact, I would have to say you are the best guest bartender we've ever had here in camp! Who else would travel with his own shaker and martini glasses, a true trained professional complete with epic stories! Just give us a little time to recover and come on back down, awesome having you in camp my friend! KT~
Naples,Italy
“Spectacular ..!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I spent some time @ SoloSports and I really have nothing more to say then < amazing place>...!! full nature, a great camp , one of the best wave on the planet right in front of you and Kevin and his crew are just fantastic. You can also choose to get there by plane ( if you do not want to drive)....it will cost you a little more....but if you're lazy or don't have enough time...you can do it! We really enjoy the drive every time we go there, it's a way to disconnect from the normal life.If you do not want to bring your boards,sails, etc.etc, in the camp you can find great gear; also great food prepared daily from the Solosport chefs and @ Sunset time a nice cold drink called Baja-Fog...( get there and try it)...-). You also have amazing mountain bike trails and ....nice bikes! well.....I really suggest you get down there as soon as possible and get hold of Kevin...you can tell him I sent you!...-) ...lol.....

Visited May 2012
San Diego
“Awesome Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Once again, an amazing week. We had a bit of everything from small to overhead waves with wind everyday. Start the day on the water with a SUP and/or a mountain bike ride on one of the excellent SoloSports provided bikes. I rode new single track trails everyday or used one of the SUP boards prior to my mid day / afternoon sessions on the water. Good food, good people, good vibe. Kevin & his team really try to accomadate, even pulling off a deluxe fireworks show on the 4th! Thanks again & looking forward to my next visit.

Visited July 2012
Escondido, California
“One of the top 3 spots in the world to wavesail!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Let Solosports do it for you. Save your energy for all that Punta San Carlos has to offer!

Visited March 2012