“I left my heart in Punta San Carlos” 5 of 5 stars

949-289-7779
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Punta San Carlos enjoys world class surfing, windsurfing, kiteboarding, mountain biking, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, hiking, fishing and more!
San Francisco
“I left my heart in Punta San Carlos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I had heard about Punta San Carlos for years. I kept thinking...yes...someday I will go there and see if it is really that great. Could it really live up to its reputation as being one of the best wavesailing spots in the world? Could the food really be that good? Was there really enough to do if the wind didn't show up? Could I sleep comfortably in a tent for two weeks? And what was that about an open bar??! It all sounded just too good to be true.

But it IS true!! I finally made the trip for the first time in April of this year. My husband and I wanted to go to Matt Pritchard's wave camp (which is another whole level of awesomeness) so we went for two weeks. Everything about Solo Sports and Punta San Carlos is amazing. From the minute you arrive there is windsurfing, surfing, stand up paddling, mountain biking, great food and drinks, and friendly people...every day is an adventure. You do sleep in tents, but they are really nice tents, and really comfortable.

Kevin and Kathy have created a great destination camp resort and strive to make everyone welcome and happy. There is plenty of really nice gear, ready to use. They have a great staff and you can't help but become friends with everyone. It's just a really special place.

I loved it so much that I went back by myself in September for two weeks to practice my wavesailing, SUP surfing, and mountain biking. It's the type of place where you can go with a group and have a great time... or go by yourself, not knowing anyone at first, and you will still definitely have a great time! You just don't know until you go!!

P.S. - I have more years under my belt than I like to admit, am a very experienced windsurfer but a novice wavesailor, a beginner/intermediate mountain biker, and a vegan. You do not have to be an extreme athlete to enjoy this place, eat great food, improve your skills in one or more sports, and let the beauty of PSC into your heart!

Visited September 2011

Honolulu
“One of the best wave sailing spot in the world.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I travel a lot looking for great windsurfing/surfing/kitesurfing conditions, and PUNTA SAN CARLOS has to be one of the best place in the world for wave sailing.
I went there 2 times, and scored epic conditions on both trip... The setting is unique, and has its own beauty.
At the Solo Sport Camp they really know how to take care of their guest and their is never a boring time. even if the surf is down and the wind not blowing, the mountain biking is awesome...
And they have all the best gear aivailable...
it is safe, comfortable, and so much fun,
looking forward to my next trip there.

Visited July 2011
Hood River Oregon
“You just gotta go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Kevin and his crew take very good care of their guests. All you can eat, drink, surf, kitesurf, windsurf and mountain bike. It you really want to get away from it all this is hard place to beat.

Visited March 2011
Oceano, California, United States
“still exploring after 20 visits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Solo Sports has something for everyone! We started out with just our windsurf boards and over the years have added Surfing, Stand Up Paddle, Mountain Biking, Motocross, and Kiteboarding. You can fit in as much action into your vacation as your body can physically handle.... or simply choose to hang out and enjoy the magical place.

Visited July 2011
Maine, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Father - Daughter Adventure Trip to Remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I have been to Solo Sports several times, including with my wife. Activities are the highlight with good food and company close behind. This year my 12 year old daughter joined me and we had a blast. San Carlos is amazing with world class conditions (that's for windsurfing, SUP surfing AND mountain biking) but yet gentle enough for her to get started in the surf and on the trails. We mountain biked every day, explored along the shore, SUP surfed and I was able to windsurf San Carlos side-off conditions every day we were there. The camping/adventure aspect made for a great bonding experience too. We made a video of the week - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHl63MVQnoM

Visited October 2011