We spent a few hours at this little beach on a busy day during La Semana Santa. The beach was packed with Mexican families enjoying themselves and spending some leisure time together. It had been 33 years since I visited the area and I was very impressed by the services offered here:
1. Ample, safe, secure parking with a few Policia Muncipal guys keeping an eye out.
2. Wheelchair access right from the parking lot to the beach with special areas for parking your chair under a shady palapa.
3. Lifeguards AND a Coast Guard boat just offshore.
4. Roped swimming areas to keep out watercraft.
5. Recycling stations for beach garbage!
It's nice to see a clean and organized beach, not the wild and raw beach I remember but so much better than it could have become. There for everyone to enjoy, and many were!
If you own or manage Playa Chileno, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.