“Great hotel, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peace Laguna Resort

Save Saved
You added Peace Laguna Resort to your Saves list
Peace Laguna Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   193 Moo2, Ao Nang Beach, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #38 of 80 hotels in Ao Nang
“Great hotel, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I fit this hotel on a great promotion and couldn't if asked for more, it was very quiet as we are in monsoon season, lively hotel very picturesque and staff were friendly and polite. Loved the location of the hotel as we were out and about every night. Would definitely recommend to friends coming to krabi.

• Stayed August 2013
Peacelaguna, Director of Sales at Peace Laguna Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear LJBlackwood,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm happy to know that you enjoyed while staying with us in the same time, our bonus night promotion during off season. It made you more happier.
Next visit, if you have plan to travel to "Aonang, Krabi" please feel free to contact me directly via sales@peacelagunaresort.com. We are very happy to welcome you back again.

Mr. W. Timmy
Sales and Marketing Manager

341 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Geneva, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed ten days at the Peace Laguna hotel. Our standard room was located in the main building on the ground floor. The location is great and the view is beautiful, the staff is very helpful and friendly. But the hotel really needs maintenance and better cleaning. The laguna always stinks like sewer at one location under the bridge next to the restaurant. Nice in the morning...
Our room was the big disappointment. Very stinky. The cleaning service was unefficient, we had an extra bed where all the dust from cleaning was hidden. We also noticed after ten days that 2 bags that we had were covered up by mold ! One was always in the bathroom where the walls had mold... One was in the main room, so it was quite surprising that it had mold, but then we realised that there was mold on the ceiling just in front of the air conditioner. So beware of your allergies if you don't stand mold...
So we had to throw away 2 bags and then finally, just before leaving the hotel we had to pay a broken glass. For a 4 stars hotel, it's disappointng...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Anonymous766,

I deeply apologize for all situation happen during your stay with our Standard Room.
As you mentioned, we need to upgrade and maintenance our property. Our owner is considering to process as soon as possible. For your cleanliness, i have pass this issue to Executive Housekeeper, she will action soon. I assure your that your review will be sort out and improved because our hotel policy "WE CARE".

Last but not least, please give us a chance to welcome you back again if you have plan to visit "Aonang, Krabi"

Mr. W. Timmy
ipoh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The manager(Mr Weerachoke) is very quick with all our questions asked throuhg emails before
our arrival. He advised us to take superior rooms which I did and never regret cos the space in the room clears the mind and the sceneries and landscapes are really wonderful. Just a short walk and you can get what you need from food, medicine, massage,pubs and you namje it, you get it. We went in a group of 8 and everyone says no regret. We plan to take the cottage type and request for the pool just at the entrance.
But remember to bring mosquito repellent, they attack you at the lobby when you are enjoying the wifi with the free coffee and cakes served every afternoon. Breakfast also thumbs up.
Staff are friendly but sometimes communication barrier.

Room Tip: superior, renovated and good, but a few friends' rooms which is standard has a stale smell.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Peacelaguna, Director of Sales at Peace Laguna Resort, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Shriley,

Thank you very much for your e-mail.I'm very glad to hear that your stay with us were enjoy in every services we provided. I'm person who replied your e-mail. As i recommended you to stay in Superior Room which is modern and newly furnished. Room space is very spacious. Very good view from your balcony. For our hotel location, it is very convenience to walk to Aonang main street. There are a lot of local shops, restaurants and convenience store as 7Eleven. Our atmosphere and landscape are very beautiful as well. You feel stay in "Peaceful place" really..
For our free wi fi is now available at the lobby area only. In the mean time, we serve our guest "Coffee delight" free flow coffee and tea everyday starts at 4.00 p.m.

Next time visit, please feel free to contact me via sales@peacelagunaresort.com.
On behalf of the Management, we would like to "Thank you" for choosing us to stay on your wonderful vacation.

Sincerely yours,

Mr. W. Weerachoke (Timmy)
Thalang, Phuket, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was here as speaker of group seminar on August 1 & 2, 2013. the hotel was very nice, clean and tidy, room is large enough for one person, moon shower was brilliant but unfortunately I can use only one time cause of raining everyday. room was very clean but only one things that I found on my second night is leaking from the roof to the sofa and their staff use my laundry bag to cover the sofa instead of fixing the roof. Food was o.k, breakfast was good enough, danish should be softer than. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Khun Chompon,

First of all, thank you very much for sharing your travel experience. I have found that you were happy to stay with us. Unfortunately, during August, it rain almost all day long. I'm apologize to that It was some problem with roof, however, i have referred this matter to our Technician. They have already fixed.

I deeply hope that you will give us a good occasional to welcome you back again when you plan to stay in Aonang.

With best regards,

Mr. W. Weerachoke (Timmy)
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We booked through Qantas Holidays who show this property as a 3.5 star in their brochure, although we would normally go for the 4 or 4.5 star properties. We were not disappointed with our decision as it measured up in almost every respect. The location we felt was ideal, a 5 minute walk took you past so many restaurants you were wondering which one to choose that night. We decided on a superior room instead of a bungalow and we were very happy as it was one of the largest hotel/resort rooms we could remember staying in. It had recently been renovated and had a modern slightly appearance, flat screen tv,safe, balcony etc,etc. However the exterior maintenance of our building was not up to the same standard although it could easily be spruced up. The pool was good and just long enough to get in some laps in between stints on the sun beds. The pool and the restaurant overlooked the lagoon and bungalows and made for a picturesque setting. We took the rate which included breakfast which we enjoyed, although with a little effort it could be much. Staff all appeared friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The building our room was in, had an elevator although the rooms in front did not. It didnt worry us...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Peacelaguna, Director of Sales at Peace Laguna Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear SamBAustralia,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm very glad to know that your stay with us at Peace Laguna Resort were pleasant one. As you stayed in our Superior Room. This room type is very newly renovate. It is building style. Room facilities are full fill. Next time visit, i would like to offer you special "Free room upgrade". Feel free to contact me via sales@peacelagunaresort.com

Look forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Timmy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I and my wife and two kids are staying in a cottage room 2xx4 during 17 to 20 July. Below is our sharing:
1. We did not feel welcome at all when checked-in, perhaps language barrier. Lack smile at all(lady staff)
2. We were told that someone would take us to our room, later a bell staff drove us to our room but failed to bring the key. So we had to wait until he got the key back from the desk. The bell is courteous and I believed it is the responsibility of the desk girl as I asked her for the key and she kept saying someone would take it.
3. Room is a bit old and the furnishing truely need some work on it.
4. As we paid more for extra bed, at last my son needed to sleep on the sitting sofa next to the window with a bed sheet and pillow added. Receptionist explained that we are paying for the extra breakfast not the extra bed.“ What a great explanation“. Why didnt you say so when I made the booking.
5. Thank you to the Restaurant staff for the wonderful touching birthday cake to my wife this morning. A real move to make up all the hiccup
6. However our room was not made up when we returned at 7:30pm. we approached the desk again and saw the girl who checked us in, the answer from her were expected “ Sir. housekeeping said you put on the do not disturb sign and housekeeping were not able to clean the room“ Give me a break, I was 200% sure that i put on the “make up room“ sign before i left the room. I know it is useless to argue with her, so i requested her to get housekeeping people to clean the room at once... the reply from her was NO HOUSEKEEPING STAFF AVAILABLE NOW.... I could not take it ...and her colleague realised my anger and said will take care of it.. Now I am waiting with my two tired kids and my birthday wife at the lobby for almost 45mins...
I hope your management team will cherish this comment and look for improvement. Please do not reply to me as you will not have me to stay with you again.. good luck

ps. I needed to check the room status after 45mins myself and it was done. Obviously your desk staff failed me again as I requested them to let me know once the room is cleaned up....

• Stayed July 2013
Dear sir,

Thank you so much for your sharing travel experience with us. On behalf of the management and staff. We are pleasant to know that you were happy to stay with us in every detail.
In the future, if you would like to visit Aonang, please feel free to contact me directly via sales@peacelagunaresort.com. We are very happy to welcome you.

Timmy
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Upon arrived, serve welcome drink quickly. After check-in bring us to our room. We have booked a cottage room and it is big and comfort. The room service guy is very careful and checked everything in our room rather than just pass the key to us. Curtain had a bit of problem but fixed quickly.

Beside the hotel is a big limestone and jungle and I like it very much. The hotel is in a well-maintained garden you should expect a bit of insect. I have seen a few customers complaint about ants of insects and I'm quite amused because that should be part of the nature. Anyway, the whole place is very well kept. I'm quite surprise we found Tiger Orchard in the garden as well and it is a type of very rare Orchard.

Three swimming pools there so it isn't going to be crowded. When we swim, we saw birds come and drink water during sunset, what a great view. The swimming ppols do not have the smell of chlorine and that is the part I like most. However, three of them a bit small but it is ok for me.

The location of the hotel is very perfect. When you are inside the hotel. It is very peace and away or noisy. However, about 5 mins walk a lot of restaurant nearby. You can access to the beach about 5 mins from the back door.

We went on the low season so price of the hotel is very good. Breakfast a lot of variety but not so fantastic.

We don't book any trips, massage, or eat in the hotel as the hotel rate is quite expensive. Tourist can find very good bargain along Aonang Beach for massage trips and food. However, beverage price in the hotel is fair enough. You can get drink in your fridge without worrying.

I total, I likes this hotel very much and definately will come again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Peace Laguna Resort? Share your experiences!