“Fantastic” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peace Laguna Resort

Save Saved
You added Peace Laguna Resort to your Saves list
Peace Laguna Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   193 Moo2, Ao Nang Beach, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #36 of 84 hotels in Ao Nang
Thalang, Phuket, Thailand
“Fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was here as speaker of group seminar on August 1 & 2, 2013. the hotel was very nice, clean and tidy, room is large enough for one person, moon shower was brilliant but unfortunately I can use only one time cause of raining everyday. room was very clean but only one things that I found on my second night is leaking from the roof to the sofa and their staff use my laundry bag to cover the sofa instead of fixing the roof. Food was o.k, breakfast was good enough, danish should be softer than. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Peacelaguna, Director of Sales at Peace Laguna Resort, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Khun Chompon,

First of all, thank you very much for sharing your travel experience. I have found that you were happy to stay with us. Unfortunately, during August, it rain almost all day long. I'm apologize to that It was some problem with roof, however, i have referred this matter to our Technician. They have already fixed.

I deeply hope that you will give us a good occasional to welcome you back again when you plan to stay in Aonang.

With best regards,

Mr. W. Weerachoke (Timmy)

366 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We booked through Qantas Holidays who show this property as a 3.5 star in their brochure, although we would normally go for the 4 or 4.5 star properties. We were not disappointed with our decision as it measured up in almost every respect. The location we felt was ideal, a 5 minute walk took you past so many restaurants you were wondering which one to choose that night. We decided on a superior room instead of a bungalow and we were very happy as it was one of the largest hotel/resort rooms we could remember staying in. It had recently been renovated and had a modern slightly appearance, flat screen tv,safe, balcony etc,etc. However the exterior maintenance of our building was not up to the same standard although it could easily be spruced up. The pool was good and just long enough to get in some laps in between stints on the sun beds. The pool and the restaurant overlooked the lagoon and bungalows and made for a picturesque setting. We took the rate which included breakfast which we enjoyed, although with a little effort it could be much. Staff all appeared friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The building our room was in, had an elevator although the rooms in front did not. It didnt worry us...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Peacelaguna, Director of Sales at Peace Laguna Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear SamBAustralia,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm very glad to know that your stay with us at Peace Laguna Resort were pleasant one. As you stayed in our Superior Room. This room type is very newly renovate. It is building style. Room facilities are full fill. Next time visit, i would like to offer you special "Free room upgrade". Feel free to contact me via sales@peacelagunaresort.com

Look forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I and my wife and two kids are staying in a cottage room 2xx4 during 17 to 20 July. Below is our sharing:
1. We did not feel welcome at all when checked-in, perhaps language barrier. Lack smile at all(lady staff)
2. We were told that someone would take us to our room, later a bell staff drove us to our room but failed to bring the key. So we had to wait until he got the key back from the desk. The bell is courteous and I believed it is the responsibility of the desk girl as I asked her for the key and she kept saying someone would take it.
3. Room is a bit old and the furnishing truely need some work on it.
4. As we paid more for extra bed, at last my son needed to sleep on the sitting sofa next to the window with a bed sheet and pillow added. Receptionist explained that we are paying for the extra breakfast not the extra bed.“ What a great explanation“. Why didnt you say so when I made the booking.
5. Thank you to the Restaurant staff for the wonderful touching birthday cake to my wife this morning. A real move to make up all the hiccup
6. However our room was not made up when we returned at 7:30pm. we approached the desk again and saw the girl who checked us in, the answer from her were expected “ Sir. housekeeping said you put on the do not disturb sign and housekeeping were not able to clean the room“ Give me a break, I was 200% sure that i put on the “make up room“ sign before i left the room. I know it is useless to argue with her, so i requested her to get housekeeping people to clean the room at once... the reply from her was NO HOUSEKEEPING STAFF AVAILABLE NOW.... I could not take it ...and her colleague realised my anger and said will take care of it.. Now I am waiting with my two tired kids and my birthday wife at the lobby for almost 45mins...
I hope your management team will cherish this comment and look for improvement. Please do not reply to me as you will not have me to stay with you again.. good luck

ps. I needed to check the room status after 45mins myself and it was done. Obviously your desk staff failed me again as I requested them to let me know once the room is cleaned up....

• Stayed July 2013
Dear sir,

Thank you so much for your sharing travel experience with us. On behalf of the management and staff. We are pleasant to know that you were happy to stay with us in every detail.
In the future, if you would like to visit Aonang, please feel free to contact me directly via sales@peacelagunaresort.com. We are very happy to welcome you.

Sincerely yours,

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Upon arrived, serve welcome drink quickly. After check-in bring us to our room. We have booked a cottage room and it is big and comfort. The room service guy is very careful and checked everything in our room rather than just pass the key to us. Curtain had a bit of problem but fixed quickly.

Beside the hotel is a big limestone and jungle and I like it very much. The hotel is in a well-maintained garden you should expect a bit of insect. I have seen a few customers complaint about ants of insects and I'm quite amused because that should be part of the nature. Anyway, the whole place is very well kept. I'm quite surprise we found Tiger Orchard in the garden as well and it is a type of very rare Orchard.

Three swimming pools there so it isn't going to be crowded. When we swim, we saw birds come and drink water during sunset, what a great view. The swimming ppols do not have the smell of chlorine and that is the part I like most. However, three of them a bit small but it is ok for me.

The location of the hotel is very perfect. When you are inside the hotel. It is very peace and away or noisy. However, about 5 mins walk a lot of restaurant nearby. You can access to the beach about 5 mins from the back door.

We went on the low season so price of the hotel is very good. Breakfast a lot of variety but not so fantastic.

We don't book any trips, massage, or eat in the hotel as the hotel rate is quite expensive. Tourist can find very good bargain along Aonang Beach for massage trips and food. However, beverage price in the hotel is fair enough. You can get drink in your fridge without worrying.

I total, I likes this hotel very much and definately will come again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I am not sure how many tourist have been cheated like us after booked Discovery Krabi package which was offered in hotel official website.Though the hotel claims kids are free but they took extra THB 1000 for my 3.5 yr old baby for 4 island tour, which was complementary in the package. After check in 1st day we wanted to go for the 4 island trip bt they said not possible as we had to book it earlier.Next day when we came for our breakfast then they informed us the trip has been cancelled due to bad wheather, without having a minimum responsibility to inform early in the morning. We ask for the refund but they did not agree claiming that it was complementary. For THB 1000 , which we paid extra they gave a dinner.We came out from the hotel and saw a van was standing and carrying the tourist, may be who payed for the tour seperately.Thank god that we had enough money, we booked 4 island tour from outside agency.This package also include complimentary fruit basket , which we finally got just before we checkd out and that to after twice asking in the reception. My suggestion to the traveller please do not book any such kind of packages and my request to Peace Laguna Management please stop doing business like this.

Room Tip: We stayed in superior cottage which was nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Peacelaguna, Director of Sales at Peace Laguna Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear sir,

Thank you very much for your review. After i have received your comment. I will immediately refer your case to person who in charge. I have found that in our official website our Discovery Krabi Package is applicable for 2 persons. Extra person is supplement charge THB 1,000 including extra bed and excursion.
During June is our monsoon season. If the weather is horrible, all day trip companies might cancelled the trip according to guest safety issue. However, you can change the day trip to "Spa or dinner". For complimentary fruit basket. We set up upon arrival date.
I deeply apologize if there is some misunderstanding or incorrect communication.
We assure you that we will look after all detail provide in our official website or our promotion.

Repeat thanks for your suggestion and comment.

More information or assistant please feel free to contact me directly via sales@peacelagunaresort.com. I'm very happy to serve you.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed in superior cottage room. The resort has the best view oversea the limestone and lakes surrounding, with 3 swimming pools. The room is huge , bath room is big with big bath tub, the bath room also attached with other side of rain shower, for those back from beach. But try not to open the door in balcony too much as there are plenty of mosquito. Everything in the room is fine except the old TV that's doesn't match the room concept. Breakfast is so so, should be more choices according to the standard of resort, wifi only available in lobby, the resort do serve complimentary hi tea in the afternoon. Location wise is great, walk out from the resort you can see shops, restaurants and Starbuck, Mcdonald is just nearby. The resort also make a short cut gate access to the beach. Overall, the advantage of the resort is the view but it can be better to match the standard of the resort. It was a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Peacelaguna, Director of Sales at Peace Laguna Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Ngsiew Cheng,

Thank you so much for your share travel experience with us. I'm very happy to know that your stay with us were pleasant one. You have stayed in our Superior Cottage. Of course, our TV is quiet dated. However, our hotel owner is considering to change to the new one. I hope that it will become modern and comfortable. Breakfast issue, i have referred to our Executive Chef, he will improve soon.

On behalf of the management, we are looking forward to welcome you back to stay with us again when you have plan to visit Krabi. Send me e-mail via sales@peacelagunaresort.com.

Mr. W. Timmy
Phuket, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

stay just over night on a Saturday as joining Family visiting Krabi. My family came to Krabi for holiday so I wanted to meet up. However, as raining everyday, I did not book in advance with the fear that I may not be able to make it. Prior to that, I checked on Agoda soI had a good idea what to expect to pay and my family also advise that they hotel seems to be quite empty during low season.

Upon arriving at about noon, I went to the front desk and ask for a room and rate. They told me the hotel is full in the rooms and only have cottage available and the rate is rather high. I told the lady that I had seen rooms available on Agoda and even told her the rate. but she insisted. I told her that I will then just book on Agoda for the standard room. At the end I got the room from Agoda and through out the nights, 90% of the room around me were all empty!!

I believe it's the low season so the hotel is not busy. Housekeeping came after I checked in to set up my towels. When first getting in to the room, the humility is ridiculous and it seems like there is no one occupying this room for a long time and certainly there is no attending to it all this time. Can see that the hotel is not good in the maintenance. I don't mind hotel getting old as everything does. But I can not pool cleaning and maintenance. The bath room tile have serious and mildew and the toilet bow as well. The soap dispenser is clogged so I can not use the bath gel. Luckily that I have my own.

The hotel is truly set in a nice environment with great view but with this kind of operation, it's aging fast. My family booked a Cottage and even at this highest category of room, there are scratch everywhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear madam,

First of all, i have to say "Thank you very much" for your sharing review and comment on TA. As you visited Krabi during Monsoon season especially on June. You no need to pre-booking in advance of course. I'm very glad to know that you enjoy discount from AGODA.COM.
Swimming pool maintenance, we actually have cleaning everyday. I will refer this issue to our Engineer who takes care of swimming pool section.
For soap dispenser, i'm very sorry for inconvenience may have caused. This issue will refer to hotel owner. We will certainly improve by placing bath amenities in the near future.
For Scratch in our Private Cottage, in this green season. We have plan to renovate by re-painting inside.

If you have vacation plan to Krabi, please kindly consider us to stay again.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Been to Peace Laguna Resort? Share your experiences!