“it looks better than it is.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Peace Laguna Resort

Save Saved
You added Peace Laguna Resort to your Saves list
Peace Laguna Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   193 Moo2, Ao Nang Beach, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #33 of 84 Hotels in Ao Nang
Phuket, Thailand
“it looks better than it is.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

stay just over night on a Saturday as joining Family visiting Krabi. My family came to Krabi for holiday so I wanted to meet up. However, as raining everyday, I did not book in advance with the fear that I may not be able to make it. Prior to that, I checked on Agoda soI had a good idea what to expect to pay and my family also advise that they hotel seems to be quite empty during low season.

Upon arriving at about noon, I went to the front desk and ask for a room and rate. They told me the hotel is full in the rooms and only have cottage available and the rate is rather high. I told the lady that I had seen rooms available on Agoda and even told her the rate. but she insisted. I told her that I will then just book on Agoda for the standard room. At the end I got the room from Agoda and through out the nights, 90% of the room around me were all empty!!

I believe it's the low season so the hotel is not busy. Housekeeping came after I checked in to set up my towels. When first getting in to the room, the humility is ridiculous and it seems like there is no one occupying this room for a long time and certainly there is no attending to it all this time. Can see that the hotel is not good in the maintenance. I don't mind hotel getting old as everything does. But I can not pool cleaning and maintenance. The bath room tile have serious and mildew and the toilet bow as well. The soap dispenser is clogged so I can not use the bath gel. Luckily that I have my own.

The hotel is truly set in a nice environment with great view but with this kind of operation, it's aging fast. My family booked a Cottage and even at this highest category of room, there are scratch everywhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Peacelaguna, Director of Sales at Peace Laguna Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear madam,

First of all, i have to say "Thank you very much" for your sharing review and comment on TA. As you visited Krabi during Monsoon season especially on June. You no need to pre-booking in advance of course. I'm very glad to know that you enjoy discount from AGODA.COM.
Swimming pool maintenance, we actually have cleaning everyday. I will refer this issue to our Engineer who takes care of swimming pool section.
For soap dispenser, i'm very sorry for inconvenience may have caused. This issue will refer to hotel owner. We will certainly improve by placing bath amenities in the near future.
For Scratch in our Private Cottage, in this green season. We have plan to renovate by re-painting inside.

If you have vacation plan to Krabi, please kindly consider us to stay again.

With best regards,

Timmy
Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Unfriendly staff and cockroaches in the restaurant.

Yes, it is a beautiful setting.
Yes, the pools are quite nice - though they could do with some maintenance
Yes, the location isn't too bad, close to the beach - five minutes walk
Yes, the layout isn't bad

Yes, it could be so much more but there is a distinct lack of maintenance. Every pool towel has more holes than Swiss cheese, bath towels have seen better days etc etc etc

Maintenance

Room Tip: Try not to book a water cottage - mosquitoes abound
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear sir/madam,

Thank you so much for your review. I am immediately trying to take action about "Unfriendly staff and cockroaches in the restaurant". Restaurant Manager will improve this service mind and friendliness.
However, i'm very pleasure to know that you felt satisfy with our beautiful resort setting.
For maintenance issue. We have try our best to renovate and improve. We hope that next time visit you will meet your expectation in every respect.

Kindly give us a good chance to welcome you back again if you have plan to visit Krabi.

Next time visit, please feel free to contact me via sales@peacelagunaresort.com.

Timmy
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I,ve stayed here 3 times as well as other hotels in Ao Nang. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. It is the most beautiful setting and the cottages are fantastic places to stay. The shortcut to the beach is really useful and the hotel is set far enough back from the main street to keep any noise to a minimum. Shops and restaurants are a couple of minutes away. Yes the wifi could be extended to the rooms but your on holiday so live with it, Will be going back in December and will certainly be looking to stay here again.

Room Tip: Love the Superior cottages.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
towcester uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in April, we had stayed at hotels in Ao Nang before, but Peace Laguna was always a hotel I wanted to try. I read previous reviews about being a concrete city. The rooms are concrete but all hotels are. A few soft furniture items wouldn't go a miss & a set of draws, but that's just being petty. The hotel is set in the east corner of Ao Nang with a pathway to the lovely beach. There is 3 pools but we mainly used the 1 near the restaurant where it was easy to get drinks brought to your sun lounger. There was a happy hour every night where drinks was reduced, as hotel prices go they was reasonable any way. The staff was always helpull & friendly & there was activitys & trips laid on all week, the trip to krabi town a must. There was tea & cakes every afternoon which was a nice touch & free wifi in the lobby. The hotel seemed like a retreat at the end of the day set in stunning gardens with a lagoon & limestone backdrop, would recommend to anybody & would use again in the future, next year hopefully. Thanks for a lovely holiday ;-)

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Peacelaguna, Director of Sales at Peace Laguna Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear James,

Very nice to welcome you with us again. I'm sorry i'm unable to greet you. However, next year if you come back i'm sure that i will a good opportunity to meet you. As you are our facebook fanpage. Next time visit, just enjoy special benefit. Please send e-mail via sales@peacelagunaresort.com.

Look forward to welcome you back next year.

Gourock, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The setting of this hotel is perfect. An easy walk form the beach and town but very quiet and secluded feeling. It has the backdrop of the limestone cliff which is just fantastic and the layout of pools, bungalows and landscaping is really lovely.

I bought three nights and got a fourth free through agoda.com so not a bad deal. Good selection at breakfast. Although I was in the basic room category it was still big, airy and clean. I'd recommend this hotel.

A five minute walk to the beach and you can buy your long tail ticket to go to Railay which is a fab beach.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Adrien,

Thank you very much for your nice review. On behalf of the management we would like to say "Thank you so much" for your visit and choose "Peace Laguna Resort and Spa".
Certainly, AGODA.com always offer you special deal. During Green season (May-October). We have launched promotion 2+1 Stay 3 nights pay 2 nights.

Next time visit, think of "Peace Laguna Resort"

Look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed in a Private Cottage during April 2013 which was lovely, However the Air Conditioning was either freezing or too hot, we could never get it right, You have to have the ceiling fan on to make the A/C effective which makes it very noisy too. Other than this we had no real complaints about the room.

The biggest problem with this resort which I have seen many people mention is the lack of Free Wifi!

The Wifi was 1000 Baht for a week which is what most people pay a month for broadband in the UK! You could use free wifi in the lobby which isn't ideal when you want to relax in your room. It's quite ridiculous that you could get free wifi in any shop or restaurant in the area for free yet the hotel couldn't provide it.

The hotel is surrounded by beautiful scenery and has good access to the beach and the main road. Ao Nang is quite limited to the following 5 outlets: Massages, Suits, Restaurants, Souvenirs and bars which is quite repetitive and their staff can be quite pushy and relentless for business. However it is a nice area with good access to many tours and sight seeing opportunities, not quite as relaxing as we personally would of liked

Room Tip: The private cottages are great and have beautiful views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I and my wife stayed at this property in early April 2013. Since Ao Nang beach is a small place, the location of the property is quite good and has easy access to the market and eateries. All rentals and convenience stores are 2 min walk from the resort.
what is not available and irritant for the property is Free Wifi. Even the smallest of restaurant here provides free wifi while they charge a hefty amount for this facility.
The staff is quite helpful and service oriented. Access to Sea through the back gate is quite easy though one has to walk 150 off meters for the same

Room Tip: cottage is quite big sized and comfortable
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Manish,

Thank you so much for your sharing experience with us. I'm happy to know that your stay with us were pleasant one. For Wi-fi issue. I will refer to our Management. We maybe provide free in the future. However, we have free wi-fi at our lobby area. I assure you that next year, you will have fee wi-fi in room.

Look forward to receive a great opportunity to welcome you back with us again.

Mr. W. Timmy
Director of Sales and Marketing.

Been to Peace Laguna Resort? Share your experiences!