“Nice hotel near the beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peace Laguna Resort

You added Peace Laguna Resort to your Saves list
Peace Laguna Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   193 Moo2, Ao Nang Beach, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #34 of 88 Hotels in Ao Nang
“Nice hotel near the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights. It is about 5 min walk to the beach. There are lots of bars, restaurants and Thai massage places in the surrounding streets, but no other attractions except for the beach. Wifi is only free in the lobby - you can just walk in and use it, as there is no password. Ate in the restaurant both nights, was good food but no other guests - they all go out in to the town. Nice spacious room on the top floor with good view, but lower rooms would not be so lucky

• Stayed March 2013
Peacelaguna, Director of Sales at Peace Laguna Resort, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Jools2013,

Thank you so much for your review and share your travel experience. We are very happy to know that your stay with us were pleasant one. I think you stayed in our Superior Room where locates in the main building. If you stayed on the 4th floor, you can see the beautiful Andaman sea from your terrace.
Next time visit, you can send me e-mail via sales@peacelagunaresort.com.

We deeply hope that we will have a good opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us again.

sales@peacelagunaresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Not so great, I expected more for the price we paid! The room smells wired and the bathroom looks old .
The lobby and pool looks nice.
The balcony looks dirty and not clean.
I would not come back at a price above 70$ per night!
Good location though...

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Alisar7,

I'm very appreciated to read your review. Unfortunately, we have found that it was some mistake and made you uncomfortable during you stay with us. However, for smells wired issue. I have referred to our House Keeping Manager. If you can give me more detail which room did you stay, please send me via sales@peacelagunaresort.com. After i receive your e-mail, i will immediately sort out this problem.

On behalf of the management, i sincere apologize for this situation happen and promise you that next time visit, we will make your stay enjoyable and relaxation.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed in a standard room, it was huge - lovely view of the cliffs and large balcony also overlooking the cliffs. Bathroom was huge with a bath and a separate shower. Breakfast buffet was the best we had all holiday and there were cakes in reception every afternoon. 3 lovely swimming pools set in lovely gardens and lagoons, could always get a lounger. A short walk to the beach which was handy. There were some power cuts and during this time each room only had 1 light near the door so keep the provided torch handy! We didn't leave till late afternoon but were able to leave cases in reception and were provided a room to shower in which was nice. Only downside was some dirty room service plates left in the corridor for 2 days rather than cleared away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Amy B,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm very glad to know that your holiday with us were pleasant one. Our Standard room has just renovated. Room space is quiet huge. Bathroom amenities are full bill, Bathtub, shower.
In the same time, you were happy with our services such as "After delight" we serve you free coffee , tea and cookie at our lobby bar. You can spend time and explore our beautiful lagoon.
For dirty room service plate. I will immediately refer to F&B Department who has to handle this situation. I apologize for this matter.

Next time visit, we hope to welcome you back to stay with us.

Sincerely yours,

Mr. W. Timmy
Director of Sales and Marketing.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I and my girlfriend stayed at this resort in May 2011. We booked directly through the website by choosing an "ASEAN Package" as I am from Cambodia and my girlfriend is Thai. It was a nice package overall including an evening dinner, 30 minutes traditional massage, airport pickup and drop-off and of course buffet breakfast.

Room: We chose a twin single bed as there are no double bed available during that. It was fine for us. The room decor was basic -- nothing fancy; bathroom was large size equipped with very nice shower.

Pool and surrounded atmosphere: Pool was clean and the water temperature was nice. Not many people while I stayed -- simply because of low season. In the evening, there was a local singer, came and sang in the main lobby which was a nice tough.

Free evening meal and buffet breakfast: This is the part that I love the most. Evening meal was nice considering the portion and quality of the food we both get. The best thing of this hotel is their breakfast -- both western and asian breakfast. We did enjoy it along with various type of tropical fruit.

Staffs: They were really friendly and always smile. Check-in and check-out went smooth. We were served nicely chilled apple juice. My girlfriend really loved it and she asked for more (of course she get it).

Location: Adequately nice. You get mingle around the town and get to anywhere with renting motorbike or by just walking around town to get local food or drinks.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay for both of us. It was good for the money we paid.

Ps. Free massage was great after a long hike up at the mountain. We were offered this the day we arrived but we postponed it till the day we check-out. So we had it before catching our flight -- which was really great.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Peacelaguna, Director of Sales at Peace Laguna Resort, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your reviews. I'm very happy to know that your stay with us were pleasant ones. On behalf of the management, we look forward to welcome you again in the near future. If you wish to contact me directly. Please feel free to send e-mail via sales@peacelagunaresort.com.

Timmy
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The hotel was lovely however we were extremely disappointed when we were arrived and were advised they had overbooked and we were to be relocated to an 'equivalent' hotel for one night (although we had booked and paid in full well in advance). We were placed in another hotel for one evening which was much below the standard of the Peace Laguna room we had originally booked. The room was disappointing however more alarming was the breakfast served at the other hotel had insects in the rice (which other guests were eating), fruit was of poor quality and limited selection available.

I was extremely dissatisfied and requested on more than one occasion that I speak to the manager (which did not happen). I also requested a refund for the first night due to the poor nature of the alternate hotel offered which was declined. We were offered a dinner and bottle of wine which I believe was not adequate however did not wish to further ruin our holiday by arguing with staff.

I had a similar experience a number of years ago in Bangkok when arriving at the Lebua State Tower - we were offered an alternate hotel for the first night which was complimentary and we were more than compensated during our stay at the Lebua - all of which was without asking.I am sorry to say this was not a similar experience at the Peace Laguna and although the actual nights we spend at the resport were lovely, I would be reluctant to recommend the Peace Laguna to friends or family.

The room at the Peace Laguna was lovely and spacious and the remainder of our stay was very enjoyable. Only comment I would make is regarding the 'gym' - most equipment did not work and was poorly maintained - don't even bother considering using it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bridget B,

First of all, i deeply apologize for our overbooking situation happen with you during period you stayed with us. And we found that the other hotel option where we located you for 1 night was unsatisfactory.
However, after you came back to stay with us. We provided you a good Superior room with some compensation as romantic dinner.
For GYM equipment, i have referred to manager who concern, we will sort out this problem..

For the future, if you wish to come back to Krabi, Think of "Peace Laguna Resort and Spa". I'm very happy to give you special discount and benefit. Feel free to send e-mail via sales@peacelagunaresort.com.

Amesbury, Wiltshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

It wasn't a great start when we arrived. During the day, Ao nang doesn't look very much and I was a bit concerned about the area. (Worries totally unfounded and it turned out to be really nice)
The hotel looked lovely and was pleased with that.
Other people arriving at reception seemed to be getting cold drinks, although we didn't get any. We arrived at 12.45 and we expected to wait as check-in was 14:00. Our son's room was ready at 13:50, however we waited until !6:00 for ours and our luggage didn't arrive until 18:00!
OK, you have to laid back on holiday, but we did feel we had wasted the day.
The room was enormous, clean and cool. Our balcony overlooked the canal, although as it was the dry season, their wasn't a lot of water The outlook was really nice though..
This was the only place we went to in Thailand where we were bitten and terrorised by mossies. No amount of deet seemed to keep them away.
Our son had a standard room overlooking the gardens and we had a superior room. The only difference seemed to be the superior was bigger with a setee and we had dressing gowns. Not sure that warranted the extra money!
Both rooms shampoo, conditioner and shower gel dispensers and hairdriers and the normal bits and pieces you get in the bathroom.
We only ate breakfast at the hotel which was buffet style. There was a good choice and everything was constantly being replenished.
We only had drinks in the hotel a couple of times. The service was very slow and we didn't realise at the time that 10% service charge and 7% tax was added onto the advertised prices. We since found out that this is pretty standard, so if you are a first time visitor to Thailand, it's something to watch out for.
The hotel is about a 200m walk to the main shopping/eating area.
You can get to the beach from the back of the hotel, only a 5 minute walk. The beach is clean, but there was quite a strong current. You will be hassled by traders, but as long as you smile and are firm but polite, they do go away.

If you use the fitness centre beware.
One of the treadmills wobbled badly, the other one just stopped suddenly. My husband was happily running at about 8km per hour when it just stopped dead giving him quite a jolt.
There are weights but no bench. There is a 'block' of equipment with leg press, shoulder press and leg lift, but only one set of weights to it. We never did work out how 2 people could be on it at the same time doing different things with different weights
.All in all, the hotel and staff were friendly and helpful, although I'm not sure we would stop again
Only went in there once. The veiw from the window was nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Robert,

Thank you very much for your review. Please kindly accept my sincere apologize regard with,
welcome drink that you didn't receive, late check in and luggage arrived room very late. I have referred to our Asst. Front Office Manager. Lastly, i apologize for slow service and Fitness equipment issue.. All comments will be talk action from our manager who concern. I assure you that it won't happen with other guest. However, i am very glad to know that you stayed with us in Superior Room. Our room facilities are full fill and comfortable.
I still hope that you will consider to stay with us when you have plan to visit our beautiful city as "Krabi"

If you would like to come back and get special deals please feel free to send me e-mail via sales@peacelagunaresort.com

Hanoi, Vietnam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed at the Peace Laguna Resort for 8 nights in January 2013. The resort is built around a small lagoon and has a mixture of hotel rooms and cottages. There are 3 separate pools and so you are never far away from one wherever you stay and although they were clean and well kept the surrounding space was quite cramped.

During daylight hours there is a direct access to the beach through a rear gate which will get you to the sea in a leisurely 5 minute walk. Out through the main gate takes you to the town which has a good selection of bars and restaurants. Peace Laguna is situated towards one end of town and so to explore all the options can mean a 20 minute walk or there are always tuk tuks available.

I stayed in a hotel room which was a good size although it had a musty smell and would have benefited from a makeover as it gave the impression of being a little tired. The beds were comfortable and the aircon worked effectively. Wifi was available but at a cost.

The inclusive breakfast was of good quality with a more than adequate selection of hot and cold dishes including breads, cereals, fruits and eggs. A nice touch was the free afternoon delights of tea, coffee and cakes at 4pm each day.

In general the staff were polite and efficient but without the normal Thai sparkle. A personal niggle was that I asked the receptionist to call a taxi to take me to the airport but she would not do this and would only arrange the hotel van which was double the cost.

Overall it was a reasonable place to stay but I would probably look elsewhere if and when I return to Krabi (which is a delightful place).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Peacelaguna, Director of Sales at Peace Laguna Resort, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback and suggestion. We are very happy to know that your stay with us were satisfaction. You stayed at our Superior Room where is in the main building. This room has just renovated. From your review regarding with smell, i have informed our Housekeeping Manager to sort out this problem.
Of course, at the afternoon time, our resort we provide free coffee and tea at our lobby as Coffee Delight. We are pleasant to know that you also enjoyed with this service.
For staff, we will have a training course as "Customer service" i deeply hope that we will improve services soonest.
Next time visit, if you would like like to stay with us, please feel free to contact me directly via sales@peacelagunaresort.com. You are able to get benefit and discount.

Look forward to welcome you next time visit at Peace Laguna Resort and Spa "A perfect Harmony"

Timmy
Director of Sales and Marketing

Been to Peace Laguna Resort? Share your experiences!