The hotel was lovely however we were extremely disappointed when we were arrived and were advised they had overbooked and we were to be relocated to an 'equivalent' hotel for one night (although we had booked and paid in full well in advance). We were placed in another hotel for one evening which was much below the standard of the Peace Laguna room we had originally booked. The room was disappointing however more alarming was the breakfast served at the other hotel had insects in the rice (which other guests were eating), fruit was of poor quality and limited selection available.
I was extremely dissatisfied and requested on more than one occasion that I speak to the manager (which did not happen). I also requested a refund for the first night due to the poor nature of the alternate hotel offered which was declined. We were offered a dinner and bottle of wine which I believe was not adequate however did not wish to further ruin our holiday by arguing with staff.
I had a similar experience a number of years ago in Bangkok when arriving at the Lebua State Tower - we were offered an alternate hotel for the first night which was complimentary and we were more than compensated during our stay at the Lebua - all of which was without asking.I am sorry to say this was not a similar experience at the Peace Laguna and although the actual nights we spend at the resport were lovely, I would be reluctant to recommend the Peace Laguna to friends or family.
The room at the Peace Laguna was lovely and spacious and the remainder of our stay was very enjoyable. Only comment I would make is regarding the 'gym' - most equipment did not work and was poorly maintained - don't even bother considering using it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightful setting with several lagoons and a great location. The Peace Laguna Resort & Spa is 4 star resort situated in Krabi, close to Ao Phra Nang Beach, and is made up of 149 cottages & rooms nestled snugly on a tranquil lake. The resort encompasses a very special blend of lush, unspoiled, tropical beauty and modern, luxurious living. It's quality and style blended with nature and is framed by a giant granite outcrop. The cottages are uniquely crafted from an embryonic spiral design and are equipped to the highest standards. Well located, only a short distance from all of Ao Nang's main attractions. Set against a backdrop of limestone cliffs around a central lagoon ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Peace Laguna Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peace Laguna Hotel Ao Nang
- Peace Laguna Krabi
- Peace Laguna Resort Krabi/Ao Nang