Beautiful place, calm and peaceful but just stone throw away from all the shops, restaurant and the beach. Location is amazing: feels like being in a secret garden away from any civilization while in fact everything you may want is just couple of steps outside. Hotel is not situated on the beach but it takes max 5 min walk through the back gate and you find yourself on a wide stretch of beach near the massage tents and 'The last Fisherman Bar' if you get thirsty/hungry. Don't be fooled by promises of other hotel's that claim to be on the beach because unless they have a private beach they are located across a footpath and have no hotel facilities on the beach itself . Basically you'll end up on the same beach as guests from the Laguna Peace and have the same facilities. it will take you similar time to get there but the hotel feels more private..
Rooms are spacious with very good facilities (we were supposed to be upgraded to the room in cottage on 1st floor but got the bungalow over water instead-amazing!). Jacuzzi in bathroom helps to relax, cold outside shower helps to refresh after hot day and bed has plenty space for 2 to sleep in comfort. Just remember your room number as late at night it may turn out to be tricky to find the wright room:). Cleaners did good job and if you stayed out for too long the night before you could just put 'do not disturb' sign and you were left alone.
Pool clean, and area around tidy but we didn't spend much time there. Drinks in the hotel are not overpriced but not as cheep as in town or on the beach (prices in the menu exclude vat so you pay more than what you initially think). Generally didn't see many guests in the hotel bar/restaurants even though hotel had live music every night - prices outside the hotel were more tempting. We had one complimentary meal there however and i have to admit it was very tasty. Breakfast was ok. Not amazing choice but what was on offer was tasty (it was the 'middle season so not as many tourists).
Complimentary massage was very invigorating. girls knew what they were doing and it was nice to be offered biscuit and tea afterwards.
Excursion-we have organized them in a shop in town - owed by a French gentleman - very professional and honest. Main attractions like Phi Phi island, James bond island or even beach from the movie 'The beach' are easily accessible. You can even take a trip to pukhet if you want to see other locations in Thailand.
Town is just a 1min walk outside the main gate. You come out opposite all the tuk tuks selling food. turning right you will get to places serving amazing fish/sea food that couldn't be fresher. going that way will also take you to few bars. One of them that we really liked was 'Mr Long's'. Turn left and you going towards beach and some more restaurants and bars. due to bigger concentration of all the attraction we called it 'city center'. You can also get to the city center strolling along the beach. In the evenings remember to use mosquito repellent because you can get eaten alive even town.
All in all Peace Laguna hotel is greatly appointed hotel with a specific charm that allows you to forget that you are in a busy town with many attractions. They say you cant have it all but in here it looks like you can. Peace and tranquility of a boutique hotel in the middle of nowhere and center location with beautiful beach at it's doorstep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightful setting with several lagoons and a great location. The Peace Laguna Resort & Spa is 4 star resort situated in Krabi, close to Ao Phra Nang Beach, and is made up of 149 cottages & rooms nestled snugly on a tranquil lake. The resort encompasses a very special blend of lush, unspoiled, tropical beauty and modern, luxurious living. It's quality and style blended with nature and is framed by a giant granite outcrop. The cottages are uniquely crafted from an embryonic spiral design and are equipped to the highest standards. Well located, only a short distance from all of Ao Nang's main attractions. Set against a backdrop of limestone cliffs around a central lagoon ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your Peace Laguna Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peace Laguna Hotel Ao Nang
- Peace Laguna Krabi
- Peace Laguna Resort Krabi/Ao Nang