After my trip to Krabi, I could definitely return here, but I would not come back to Peace Laguna Resort & SPA.
We have stayed now 14 days in a Superior room in the building seven, third floor. The location is very central in Ao Nang, and our views facing the rock hills are wonderful.
This hotel has many strengths. The area is beautiful and large, it's a relaxing big area with three pools. Staff is very friendly, but... often so helpless. The breakfast is quite nice, with an omelette frying station, fresh fruits and vegetables, at least two types of cerials and yoghurts, some Thai food, many cold cuts (cheese, ham, turkey, salami, et cetera), and nice juices too.
But, there are problems, why this hotel does not deserve four or at times even three stars. First of all, the hotel staff doesn't speak English very well. Once a lady went to the reception to report having seen a snake next to the swimming. The reception girl just kept asking for "loom numbel" (meaning "room number") without understanding the matter.
The superiour room in building seven was modern and well kept. The problems were related to their service.
During three evenings, we only got freezing cold water from our shower. We complained about this to the reception and our travel agent, but it took some time to fix the issue. Now, for the last two nights, the air-conditioning just stops working during the night.
Peace Laguna Resort would have potential to be a 4-star hotel, but it's currently a far away from that. These have been my most expensive, but also most modest stay in Thailand during my about 11 trips so far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightful setting with several lagoons and a great location. The Peace Laguna Resort & Spa is 4 star resort situated in Krabi, close to Ao Phra Nang Beach, and is made up of 149 cottages & rooms nestled snugly on a tranquil lake. The resort encompasses a very special blend of lush, unspoiled, tropical beauty and modern, luxurious living. It's quality and style blended with nature and is framed by a giant granite outcrop. The cottages are uniquely crafted from an embryonic spiral design and are equipped to the highest standards. Well located, only a short distance from all of Ao Nang's main attractions. Set against a backdrop of limestone cliffs around a central lagoon ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Peace Laguna Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peace Laguna Hotel Ao Nang
- Peace Laguna Krabi
- Peace Laguna Resort Krabi/Ao Nang