I had a few concerns before going reading some of the reviews. But these little imperfections really did not matter. We had a fantastic time.
Premium Ocean View Rooms - great views, bid, nice L shape balcony, wonderful bed and bedding (one of the best we had), plentiful of water, yes the bottom of the bath was a little moudly but in the bigger context it didn't bother us. You have to consider the location of the hotel and the weather. The overall standard was very good.
Restaurant - we ate a few times in the Thai and always had a very good service and good warm food. We ate in the International once and that was very good too. Happy hour at the pool bar and the other bar was great. Cocktails were 2 for 1 @ around THB250 for both! Prices in general were very good, maybe expensive compared to eating outside but for a hotel it was very good. The Bhat Bonanza is well worth it.
Monkey Trail - great fun. a bit steep at some points but not dangerous and the second time you take it, it's just very easy. Takes about 15mins. Monkeys do not bother you unless you have visible food. We preferred the monkey trail as it's right in town and you have no time contraints like with the boat.
Monkeys - even if you don't see them on your balcony, do not assume that they will not visit at some point. We became complacent and lost the kids swim suits! But the monkeys had great fun with them!
Jetty - again great fun. Yes a bit bumpy but very wide and did not feel threatened! Perhaps those who are a little screamish might not enjoy it?
This is a very special hotel in terms of setting and access (by speed boat and monkey trail). The staff were all very nice and communication was absoutely fine. You can always communicate even if the language is not spoken perfectly! We easily disregarded all the small negatives as we were just happy to be in such a breath taking environment in a very decent hotel after all.
It might not suit everybody depending on what you are looking for but the girls (7 and 9) loved it! And so did we...!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking and Tingo so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Grand Beach Resort And Villas
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Centara Grand Beach Krabi
- Central Krabi Hotel
- Central Krabi Bay Resort
- Central Bay Resort Krabi
- Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi/Ao Nang