I am writing this review while my family of 5 is still at the resort. We wonder how we can sleep for the rest of the night with the stench of dead rat in the room. To be fair to the management of this resort, we have been offered much help during the past 2 days so I rate it a 4 stars for service but a poor overall experience.
We are staying a total of 3D2N at this resort. We chose this resort out of several options due to the contemporary design in a place with scenic view and the excellent review on tripadvisor. When the reservation was made, i wrote an email to request for a room with good wifi signal for business purposes. We were told the signal will be ok where we will be allocated.
When we arrived on day 1, our deluxe cliff view room was the furthest away from the pool bar. None of my apple devices had a wifi signal, except for a samsung galaxy but signal was weak. The management sent in a staff who checked the signals using a windows pc and it worked fine after they reset the wifi. Her pc connection was ok, our mac OS poor connection and apple mobile devices no connection at all.
We requested for a change of room and the GM spoke to us. Her english was excellent and she understands our concerns. She kindly arranged a change of room to a deluxe room which was nicely done up and spacious for my family even without extra beds. The housekeeping staff set up the daybed with linens, comforters and extra pillows and we had a nice peaceful sleep in the 2nd room. There was a sliding window which we could open for a breathe of fresh air in the morning. Room 2: Spacious flooring, lots of natural lights in the room, clean, modern contemporary design. Too bad it was only available for 1 night and we had to change room on day 2.
GM spoke to us personally and informed our rooms will be ready before noon. We were offered help with our luggages during the move to room 3, back to the cliff view room similar to room 1 but nearest to the pool bar. We dropped our belongings and headed out to the beach. By late afternoon, we returned to our room to rest and that is when we realised the corner of the room near the king bed has a stench of dead rat. We seek help from the staff at the pool bar and the GM was called in. From the conversation, we guessed that the staff had been aware of the problem in the morning. Due to the resort running full occupancy, we have no choice but to remain in this room. We requested for them to leave a bottle of air refreshener with us and every hourly we have to spray it to rid the stench. Bad thing about this room is there are no windows, only a sliding door so we couldn't leave the door open throughout the night.
If you have been looking around the pictures of resorts in this area, you will find that this resort is outstanding due to the modern contemporary design in a backdrop of natural landscape. However, our experience with the wifi and room is a let down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ao Nang Paradise Resort proudly presents a perfect heaven for getaways; tranquility amidst lush tropical vegetation. Combining simplicity and friendly staff in an ambiance of solitude, luxury and peace where the outside world is almost forgotten. An unrivaled paradise awaits for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Venere and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Aonang Paradise Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Paradise Resort And Longstay
- Aonang Paradise Resort & Longstay Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Paradise Hotel Longstay
- Aonang Paradise Krabi
- Aonang Paradise Resort Krabi/Ao Nang