I can rave many things about this resort's architecture and hardware, from its lovely cliff view pool, exquisite rooms, nice concept and lovely breakfasts. Indeed whatever stated on their website was no where far from the truth. The whole atmosphere was delightful.
The staff however (at least those who attended to us) was dreadful.
On our check out, two towels were told to us as "missing" and we were not allowed to check out before "returning" them. This fuss was made along the walk way as well as the lobby and you can imagine that type of embarrassment we had. We opened our bags and dug every piece of garment within at the lobby but no luck. So we decided to head back to our rooms to double check which another staff, supposedly more senior led us back, then unlocked the room for us, stood outside arms folded and expect us to do the checking. God has it in for us - the towels were found on the bed under the blanket and when we informed the "discipline mistress" outside the room (arms still folded), she replied "oh ok" then head back to the reception utterly some Thai language aloud. The receptionist then told us "ok now you can check out".
I think whatever good things we had for this resort is totally off the cards. The familiar Thai hospitality became Thai hostility. I wonder if the management would condone such a way in which their staff treat the guests. I was made to look like a thief in front of some other guests in the lobby and the most ultimate, after the recovery of the towels which were in the room and the house keeping staff DID NOT do a proper job and reported it was taken away or stolen, there wasn't the slightest apology. I have stayed in the upmarket resorts and mid range ones in Krabi, Phang Nga, Bangkok, Phuket and Samui, and this resort with its hospitality or hostility scores the worse one ever I have been to in Thailand.
In the eyes of all guests, the hardware and architecture are just secondary elements to a good stay. The most impt is always the hospitality and the human factor. This hotel scores not a zero, but a negative score.
I hv reviewed so many hotels I hv been to, from beach chalets to Maldives resort, this is probably the worst one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ao Nang Paradise Resort proudly presents a perfect heaven for getaways; tranquility amidst lush tropical vegetation. Combining simplicity and friendly staff in an ambiance of solitude, luxury and peace where the outside world is almost forgotten. An unrivaled paradise awaits for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Aonang Paradise Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Paradise Resort And Longstay
- Aonang Paradise Resort & Longstay Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Paradise Hotel Longstay
- Aonang Paradise Krabi
- Aonang Paradise Resort Krabi/Ao Nang