“Requires attention” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 88 Hotels in Ao Nang
4.0 of 5 stars 481 Reviews
“Requires attention”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was slightly aback by the overall level of service and comfort afforded to me at this eco-resort. I had a short stay with them in June 2013 and would specifically like to point out the following: bugs/ants investation in the Delux room, faulty refrigerator which continously made you feel as though you were attending a rock concert, concierge staff ill equipped to manage your luggae through this hilly eco-resort - my brandnew suitcases managed 2 weeks of Thailand in perfect state until the local staff whelleded them on all types of brick, concrete and clay surfaces, they look pethatic to be honest! The infamous Thai smiles that were my companion during most of my trip in Thailand seemed to have taken a sabatical here at Pakasai! The only positive was the Resort Manager who upgraded our room for the last 2 nights. Thank you. Daniyal - Amsterdam

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

arrived with a group of 4 couples and two singles.we drove from kuala lumpur.
great welcome to this great resort by the staff,ms Chitra and her team.
hotel with lush green surroundings and all the beautiful rooms was so great.pool was sexy and nice,clean.great surroundings.good place for children too as many areas for them to run around or just hang loose.
staff very polite,breakfast was OK.
location good,near to all amenities and food areas,far enough if you want to b away fm all the activity(what I mean is it's quiet but if looking for action night life,it's 15 mins walk only)
looking forward to my next trip soon,I had deluxe room,all was so great.
cheers to guys and ladies at Pakasai resort

Room Tip: check out the sexy rooms or deluxe rooms at hilltop
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Arrival and Check in
We(My partner and I) arrived on a sunny Friday in late June at Krabi Airport. Although we were ahead of schedule, the driver was already there waiting for us, good initiative I would say. Then a ride of about 1 hour from Airport to Pakasai with pretty smooth traffic due to off-peak period. Once arrived, we were greeted by someone who looked like a supervisor/manager and served cold towel while he process our check in. Checking in was a breeze as I liaised with the resident manager beforehand to make some special arrangements. The whole checking in process took less than 5mins.

First Encounter with Room
We took the Adora Suite (Executive Wing) which is located on the first floor. It is easily accessible and upon entering the suite, my partner was delighted to see the outdoor bath sprinkled with flower petals. The bed was decorated with heart-shape and a brief explanation of tools in the room was conducted by the male staff. There was a big fruit platter prepared too. We unloaded our stuffs and while we were at is, a refreshing welcome drink was delivered to our room and it was a cold ice blended tropical mix fruit juice. Truly thirst quenching.

Room Quality
As Executive wing is pretty new, you can expect it to pretty clean and untouched but that being said, there are some marks of renovation (ie: beneath the sink) but these are places you hardly touch. The shower and toilet are side by side, sharing a glass sliding door. The Bed is spacious and with many extra smaller pillows. The cupboard is big enough to fit 2 backpack and comes with about 6-8 hangers. There is an extra large pillow in the cupboard but could be due to the humidity, it smelled a little funny thus we left it there. The TV set is working fine as well as the air conditioner and ceiling fan. The outdoor bathtub can easily fit 3 regular sized person and there is also a sofa-bed by the side. Other accessories that are available in room are: small fridge, hair dryer, water boiler, cups, matchsticks, tea bags, towels, shoe rack, bedside tables x 2, 1m long desk, chair, indoor slippers, mosquito incense, bath robe x 2, sarong x 2 and other normal necessities.

Staffs and Services
The counter service crews are very interactive. They will check with us how was the night before and what are the plans today and if there is anything they can assist us with. Although not many of them are well versed in English, you can see that they are really putting in effort, a plus point for them. Just a typical example, while i was having my dinner with my partner in the room while being serve by this lady, I asked if there are many tourist in Krabi during this time? and she answered yes, 4, she has a mother, father and brother. I couldnt help but smile and nod my head as I didnt want to embarrass her. However, her service is good, she is attentive and our plate never goes empty. I beg to differ with whoever that said the room wasn't tidied up everyday as I came back from my outdoor activities everyday to find that the room is cleaned, towels were replaced, bins were emptied and even the foldings of the bedsheets are different everyday! One thing that they may have forgotten would probably be to provide bottled water on the 2nd day.

Food and Surrounding Environment
As the resort is surrounded by greenery, expect some mosquitoes and thus explains the use of mosquito incense. If you do not want to be bitten, please keep your doors closed. The infinity pool located at the roof is nice and warm with a maximum depth of 1.2m and a cordoned-off children area. The water is warm and comfortable, and the poolside are equipped with plenty of chairs. There is also a pool bar situated just a few steps away from the pool. Pool towels and Beach towels are available from rent FOC.

I requested for a Romantic Candlelit dinner for 2 pax (1500 Baht nett per pax). The menu consists of the following:

Mixed vegetable salad dressing & bread butter
Grilled fish, Calamari
Tiger prawn
White prawn
Blue Crab Mussel
Rock Lobster
Chicken, pork, vegetable (kebab)
Stir fried rice white butter
Fruits

There was a lady staff to prepare the food and serve us throughout. Personally i think that the food is good as I do not like too much flavoring added to the seafood but my partner said that it was too bland. One down point was perhaps they forgot to deliver the complimentary birthday cake for my partner but we were way too full for it anyway. Own preference on this.
Breakfast spread was great! Bacon, Eggs (scrambled, poached, sunny side up, omelette), salad bar, soup, different breads, croissant, toaster, fruits, milk, juices, local cooked food like stir fried herbal chicken, fried glass noodle, green curry, baked potato, sausages and more.

Overall Experience
Being treated like a VIP indeed feels good. I would say it was pretty much value for money and to those who demand a lot, this may not be your best pick but a word of advice for all, "Treat others with a smile and as if they were your friend, not a maid, you will see surprises".

-Lance

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

As I write this review we still have a whole day to go in this hotel, and I am fed up!

When we arrived the reception staff were disorganised and insisted that I produce a copy of my Expedia voucher, even though they had all the paperwork ready for me to sign which clearly showed they had all they needed, as well as my original immigration card, despite the fact that I wouldn't be sitting in front of them if I hadn't gone through immigration. No other hotel in Thailand has made me jump through these hoops.

The room stinks. Not sure if it is mustiness alone or mixed in with stale tobacco smoke, despite it being a non smoking room. Our 'garden view' is significantly restricted by a dirty awning jutting out from under our balcony and the entrance to our room overlooks a shady driveway and left doors rubbish heap. Last night we had to chase a rather large cockroach around our room to kill it before we went to bed. Oh, and the bed is hard and uncomfortable, and has a weird, wide wooden platform around it which makes it difficult to get in and out of bed and I've managed to bash my shin on if more than once already.

They claim they are 'green' but we see very little evidence of this. We left out a card they ask you to put on the bed if you feel your sheets are till fresh and if you hang your towels up they won't replace them, thereby saving water. Despite leading the card out and hanging the towels up, both were replaced after just one night.

When we ordered drinks at the pool (and the pool area is nice, though the pool is only 1.2 m deep, which is a bit ludicrous) my husbands drink arrived and I was told "you're Mocha finish". Ok... It is finished and on the way? It is being finished as we speak? It is finished, as in you will never see it? It ended up being the latter, and when we asked again we just had the same reply. There was no explanation, no offer of an alternative, no copy of the menu to order something else.

This morning there was an envelope in the little slot outside our room. It contained an unpaid bill for someone else. When m husband took it to reception and explained it had been delivered to the wrong room they asked him more or less if he was intending to pay it! No! He told them again it was the wrong room, the wrong name and walked away. I'll be sure to check our bill of extras when we check out.

If I hadn't per paid everything I would have checked out of here yesterday and found a different hotel to stay in.

The selection for breakfast is pretty good, though the fruit this morning was so overripe it was staring to ferment. Yesterday's leftovers?

There are also some questionable stains on the walls of our room. Mould?

The one positive is a small water monitor that lives in the garden pond next to where we have breakfast. He keeps us entertained at the start of the day.

Wouldn't rate this place. Lack of service, disorganisation, old rooms. You'd surely get better value for money elsewhere in such a touristy location.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel is very beautiful and modern. Good value. The pool is great too.
Rooms are big. We upgraded to deluxe room. Worth it.
The toilet is quite "open concept" and doesn't offer much privacy.
Breakfast is average.
Ao Nang beach is quite disappointing. Touristy, no good Thai restaurants, everything is overpriced.
The hawker stall opp the hotel offers great authentic Thai food. Must try.
They charge 100 baht for wifi in the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
St. Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located in the heart of Ao Nang Beach but for the room rate which is a great value there are many more better located options, there are no great water views and for beach access and local shopping it is a bit of a walk- there are many more hotels across from the beach. The wifi does not work well anywhere but the lobby. Staff is very friendly but does not seem as knowledgable as they should regarding local tours and timetables of boats that ferry tourists from island to island. We had a king bed which was two twin beds pushed together which did not seem like a big deal at first but because they were not secured to the platform on which they sat during the night my wife or myself would slip into the crack in the middle and push one of the mattresses off the platform- the beds were hard and not very comfortable. The hotel does not appear as it does in staged photographs- what you see is not what you get. Overall a good value but next time I may choose a better located hotel on the "strip."

• Stayed May 2013
Bodo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at the Pakasai Resort for seven nights in april 2013. We booked an Adora room, situated in the same building as the reception. The room was nice and modern, but with no view at all, we looked onto the tin roof of the building next door. Sadly the beds were terribly hard, no comfort at all.

Breakfast was good, with an excellent selection of bread, fruit, eggs and hot dishes. Pool area was also nice, and the best of all, the hotel is situated in a big tropical garden, loved it!

The hotel is situated close to the main street of Ao Nang, not far from the citybeaches.
We went to Railay one day, nice, but totally overcrowded. Recommend a trip to Chicken Island for snorkelling, we had a fantastic day out there, try to catch the low tide, so you can walk on a sand bank to neighbouring Tup Island.

Room Tip: Adorarooms are nice and modern, no climbing needed, but also no view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pakasai Resort? Share your experiences!