Firstly, let me admit that the only reason I ended up staying at the cliff was because I made a booking at the wrong hotel, however, I was pretty glad that I did. After reading all the past reviews this hotel really deserves more credit the it had received.
1) service staff were amazing. Our shower choked on the first day (it is a semi outdoor shower so expect leaves to block the drainage), informed staff on the way out, 25 mins later when we returned, they had cleared it for us. Woke up in the morning after a downpour, staff was waiting on hand with a towel to dry up my scooter.
2) Reports of creepy crawlies? Well this is a forest themed resort so do expect a few bugs, mainly mozzies, but hotel has done it's part by providing a mosquito repellent diffuser and moaquito incense coils are available at 7-eleven for THB18. All in all, we only faced 3 lizards, a few flies, 2 spiders and 1 big black ant which came to say bye while we were checking out.
3) The rooms.
The room was smaller then your average "branded" resorts but that being said, it was still comfortable and cozy and not as appealing or run down as some reviews had mentioned. Bathroom was alright, a little old but not as run down as most would think (I've seen worse in hotels located within a city). Again, because it's semi outdoors, expect leaves and the insects but it's not like theres an infestation, just the occasional visits of flies.
As for the safety issues, doors can be bolted top and bottom, locked with a key and latched from the inside while ure asleep (bathroom as well) and as long as it's latched and locked before your head out, doors are not easily opened. Privacy curtains are sufficient as well, considering that the room is dim and you're not able to look in from the outside.
Given the past reviews, this room was a lot better then expected. We paid S$61 a night with full breakfast so do take into consideration that this isn't a 5-6 star Ritz.
Overall, with exeption to the lack of shelter when it rains, this hotel was a nice getaway, near enough to the main Ao Nang area but far enough to avoid all music and noise from the bars and clubs that have opened up along the stretch facing the sea. Pool and deck chairs were old but then, given that you're visiting Krabi, a day trip to the islands for a snorkel in the open waters will suffice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cliff Aonang resort was Vote one of the top 50 most beautiful resort in Thailand by Tourist Authority of Thailand. Once you step inside, the staggering Cliff views will make you suddenly realize why this boutique resort cold not have another name. Here , the comfortable vintage style resort which has 21 luxurious guest rooms set among the lush tropical garden. Discover the truth of Krabi natural beauty, experience real serenity and tranquil. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your The Cliff Ao Nang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliff Ao Nang Hotel Ao Nang
- Cliff Ao Nang Krabi
- The Cliff Ao Nang Resort Krabi