“Lovely Romantic Stay ^____^” 4 of 5 stars

The Cliff Ao Nang Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   85/2 Moo 2, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #57 of 84 Hotels in Ao Nang
Normanton, West Yorkshire
“Lovely Romantic Stay ^____^”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 4 nights in early January at The Cliff Aonang. First of all, the views from the pool area are amazing!!!!! It felt like our own little paradise. Although the room was quite small but it was very cosy and tastefully decorataed in Southern Thai Style. The bathroom is of outdoor style with a nice rain shower. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

The location wasn't perfect but it's close enough to all the amenities especially the tasty local restaurant nearby called KaoTom PorPeang with the yellow sign, the restaurant doesn't look much but believe me the food was amazing and reasonably price worth a try as we did eat there every night (it's only about 100 yards from the hotel heading towards the beach).

The Beach is about 10 minutes walk down the gently sloping hill or only about 40-60 bath for a ride on the motorbike with side car.

The hotel also isn't far from a few nice bars with live music try out the coconut bar for good atmosphere and music or Reggae Reggae Bar then head towards the promenade beach front and look out for the Centre Point Area for lots more bars and more live music.

While in Aonang you have to try out the Longtail Boat Trips which you can hire privately or with the group which are very reasonably price. The beaches and islands are amazing !!!!! Well worth a visit.

After the fantastic boat trip then back to relax at the hotel pool with an amazing cliff view and not crowded around the pool...What else could you ask for?

Room Tip: Room 201-204 are the best as it's only a few steps away from the pool ^_^

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Thai first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

First of all, i would like to start off by saying that my partner and i booked the Cliff Ao Nang resort as a three day treat to ourselves after staying in budget accommodation in Bangkok and Phuket. However, from the minute we arrived, things started to go down hill very quickly. The drink we received upon arrival was nothing short of foul tasting. We then were taken to our room. And that is exactly what it was... a tiny tiny room. The room was extremely dark and had an overwhelming smell of mould. Within five minutes of being in the room i was bitten at least three times by the mosquitos flying everywhere (There was a mosquito net for the bed but it was pointless as there were large holes in it everywhere). Not able to handle the overpowering stench of the musky mould or the mosquitos, we decided to order lunch and retreat out onto our not so private porch. after twenty mins, our food arrived and we began to eat. After a few minutes, i looked down at the ground (and thank god i did) and saw a huge two metre snake about thirty centimetres away from me! We immediately alerted staff and after about ten minutes of trying to communicate to them what the problem was they said everything was fine and that they would handle it. My partner and i then waited at least twenty mins before someone unenthusiastically came over to inspect the snake. They finally removed it and we retreated back inside. The next day we spent some time by the pool. Trying to relax, we were continuously interrupted by a woman that was sweeping the pool area over and over again (there was nothing to sweep)! There were even several instances where she would come right up to you and start sweeping right under our deck chairs while we were reading/ sun baking. The pool is also right next to the reception desk so we constantly were hearing the chatter and laughing of the staff. This was a real shame because otherwise, the pool area would have been quite a nice relaxing spot. By the third day, i felt so sick and heavy chested from the repulsive and overwhelming smell of mould in our room (i can not stress enough how bad the mould smell was) that me and my partner would do anything just to stay out of the room. Overall, this place was extremely run down and not well kept (there was rubbish everywhere in our outdoor showering area) and we found the staff not very welcoming. This was a real shame because we received much better facilities and service at our budget accommodation in Bangkok and Phuket. My partner and myself are not fussy people but we did not have a nice experience and the facilities are nowhere near the standard of the price that they are charging. We would not stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms stink of mould and are swamped with mosquitos.
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is my first visit Krabi and stayed 4 nights in Ao Nang.
Good location in An Nang and walkable distance to the pier.
Smiley staff there. All of them are so courtesy and willing to provide any travel information to you.
Good hotel accommodation and comfortable environment.
Set breakfast can be served in room or in their restaurant with enjoyable view however a little bit lack of choice.
The only small problem is the mosquito when take shower in outdoor bathroom (hahahahaha~)
Don't forget to bring mosquito repellent there!
Generally speaking, this hotel provide good quality and warmest service, highly recommend to all visitor and I will definitely go back next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

First of all, the staff are excellent! Always helpful and smiley!!! Good location in Ao Nang, walkable distance to most eatery and bars.

Like many reviews mentioned before - please remember to let the staff know the night before of your breakfast choice. It is understandable as The Cliff is a boutique hotel, they want to be prepared and cater to their guests to the best that they can.

I was in room 108 (if i'm not wrong), the right corner unit behind the suite (left side of the pool). I killed at least 9 mosquitoes in the 1st hour - I'm obessed because I have an allergy to some of the mosquitoes where the area bitten would swell and turn into a bruise mark which will take ages to fade. I've requested for mosquito coils that I can burn in the semi-open air bathroom (where most of the mosquitoes come from). Be careful of your conversations in the bathroom as your neighbor can hear word for word if they are in the bathroom at the same time or left their doors opened.

My partner loves the mattress on concrete concept.

Walls were thin, I can hear the guests just arrived next door in the evening as we were getting ready to head out for dinner and I was dozing off after dinner after a big day out on the islands when the guests next room were talking, giggling, laughing etc. I had to call front office to let them handle it.

The hotel is showing its age, maybe time for some touch up- improving the bathroom: water heater system, fan to keep the area cool- it's an oven in the day (from the sun and the A/C compresser), sound proofing the walls between rooms and toilets, PLEASE do something about the mosquitoes (you get bitten for sitting on the throne in seconds).

In short, The Cliff is a charming boutique hotel, good location with a great backdrop.

Floral Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Love love love this hotel. This is a great hotel that I highly recommend. I'm sure there are other hotels in Ao anang that are just as nice or nicer, but the staff can't compare. I highly rate the staff, who are extremely courteous and helpful, (Thank you Nou). Like another reviewer mentioned communication is not an issue. The place looks exactly like the photos. I found the bungalow to be on the small side, but very very comfortable. I didn't find mosquitoes to be an issue while I was there ( I also used the net around the bed). I really loved the bathroom on the outside (one of the reasons why I chose this hotel), its of course private and secure, and I found it a novel experience. Breakfast was great, I enjoyed it every morning. The hotel is a short walk to the restaurants, shops and the beach, the shuttle to the airport is directly across the street. Highly recommend! I would def. return. I went solo but I saw quite a few couples though so I guess its a good honeymoon spot.
I did find it odd that the front desk closed at 11pm, why is that? But staff is still on the grounds.
Oh, I spend 4days, 3night

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for my honeymoon. Really nice style little bungalows. Not the largest room but fine for us as you dont come to thailand to spend it in a room. Clean rooms. They serve breakfast to your room and the staff are super friendly. Highly recommend to anyone staying in ao nang. Short walk to the beach.

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 days 2 nights at this resort. We bought a package that includes longtail boat tour, 30 mins foot massage and 1 dinner for two. What i can say is, it is worth the money i paid. The room was quite small but we dont have problem with it. The room was clean, the outdoor bathroom is cute and unique. The tour was fun, and we had foot massage after came back from tour, which was really relaxing. We also had fun during dinner at the resort's restaurant. Food was tasty and service was excellent. The only problem we had only during when i made the booking for airport transfer. The management didnt reply my email and i had to call them to make sure they noted my arrival time. And another problem we had was, there were a few bees buzzing around the lamps at the bathroom but was easily solved by turning off the light. Overall, the staff were helpful, they served our breakfast in front of the room every morning and i got nothing to complain about this resort.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to The Cliff Ao Nang Resort? Share your experiences!