Just returned from a 4 days/3 nights stay at The Cliff Ao Nang. There are some aspects that we liked and some that we didn’t.
Aspects that we liked about this resort:
1. The warm hospitality and quick service of all the staff there. They were courteous and communication wasn't an issue. The GM, Pimchana Kaewpadung was prompt in replying my enquiries through email. I need to mention that Mai in reception was very pleasant, friendly and helpful.
2. The natural and peaceful ambience of the resort- natural designs and lots of greens and lovely orchid flowers around. The fact that the hotel was away from the more happening area of Ao Nang beach worked well for us. As the hotel is situated away from the late night restaurants and bars, we weren’t disturbed by any loud music at night.
3. The resort’s location- We didn't mind that the beach was a 20 minute leisure walk away (or 15 minutes brisk walk). At least we got our daily dose of exercise and had to chance to do some souvenir shopping along the way. There are also many foreign exchange counters, restaurants, bars and taxi and tour companies along the route to the beach.
5. An assorted variety of TV channels- 25 channels all in all, not only Thai programmes, but also programmes in various other languages such as English, French, German, Italian, Dutch. There were 3 channels for children (one was in Thai), and mostly news and others like Bio, CI, Universal and travel channel. They don't have any sports channel though.
6. The food- The daily breakfast we had was tasty and sufficient. Three breakfast variety to choose from (Continental, American or local). All includes fresh fruit juice (orange/watermelon/ pineapple), coffee/tea/hot chocolate and fruits. We tried all three types and they were good. The continental breakfast portion may look small, but the pancake was filling. The 3-course dinner we had on the 2nd night was a little spicy but delicious. The portion was just nice for us.
7. Wifi connection- Upon check in, we were given the password for the Wifi access. The Wifi connection was excellent. No complaints there. For those without Wifi devices, there is a PC near the reception/ restaurant area with Internet connection. The Internet connection is also good there. The hotel also has printing services. If you use the PC, just beware of the mosquitoes around, especially during the late evening.
Aspects that we did not like about the resort:
1. MOSQUITOES!! There were so many of them every where. We tried to swat as many mossies as we could when we got to our room. A tip is to ALWAYS leave the room door and bathroom door close to reduce the chance of mosquitoes entering the room. We didn’t get bitten in our room as we did this. Bring along mosquito repellent as well and make sure you apply it before you go outside the room or around the hotel compound. Beware of the Aedes mosquito especially at dawn and dusk.
2. Uninvited guests in the outdoor bathroom and roof top- beside the pesky mossies, I saw a rat scuttling away when I was showering. That certainly made me jump! After this incident, I was wary when using the bathroom. On the second night, I heard them moving around on the roof and squeaking. Good thing is I didn’t find any rats faeces in the area. A unique looking frog also made its home at the corner near the toilet bowl, but I didn’t mind that so much as compared to the rats.
3. The water heater- It was inconsistent. Sometime it would be working and sometimes it shuts off itself. Because the shower is outdoors, it can get a little chilly when the wind blows. Make sure you have your bathrobe nearby.
4. No tea/coffee making facilities in the room. However, I requested from the reception for a kettle and they sent a Thermos water dispenser to our room. Glasses were already provided in the room.
Some other tips:
-It is true that the room itself is small. However, we didn't mind as we didn't have a massive suitcase. However, those with huge suitcases would find it hard, but what you can do is unpack some stuff into the cupboard provided and then leave your suitcase upright.
All in all, I would say, for the price we paid and the service we received, it was a good stay. I would recommend this resort for a short getaway for couples. The room is just nice for two and it is ideal for a peaceful night’s rest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cliff Aonang resort was Vote one of the top 50 most beautiful resort in Thailand by Tourist Authority of Thailand. Once you step inside, the staggering Cliff views will make you suddenly realize why this boutique resort cold not have another name. Here , the comfortable vintage style resort which has 21 luxurious guest rooms set among the lush tropical garden. Discover the truth of Krabi natural beauty, experience real serenity and tranquil. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Cliff Ao Nang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliff Ao Nang Hotel Ao Nang
- Cliff Ao Nang Krabi
- The Cliff Ao Nang Resort Krabi