“Calm and Value of money” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 50 Activities in Ao Nang
4.0 of 5 stars 33 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
23 attraction reviews
“Calm and Value of money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

A must go places in Ao Nang! After a day tour at Koh Phi Phi and Krabi Night Market, you should seek this massage spot. It's Near to Krabi Resort. Worker of the massage will wait you at the street nearby the spot wearing blue t shirt and holding this Sunset Massage Catalog.
This place is really relaxing with aromatherapy scent and calm melody on the air, i gave this place 4 out of 5 for making our friend get their time to relax with peaceful. (unfortunate, we are too enjoying our massage and we didn't take any photo leaving this place happily. lol)
Staff is really nice and polite, Try their full aromatherapy body massage :)
It only cost 350thb and it's worth of money..

Visited May 2013

Mumbai (Bombay), India
15 attraction reviews
“Avoidable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have had much better massages and this was nowhere close to it. The masseur was not really interested and seemed distracted.
I went to another smaller massage salon nearby and loved it .. the masseurs were friendly and they knew what reflexology meant

Visited March 2013
Trieste, Italy
“The best (out of 4) we tried in Ao Nang”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The place is very clean, the personnel knew what they were doing and personalized the massages. the price is convenient.

Visited January 2013
Singapore, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
“Excellent Massage @ Great Rates!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Tried the highly recommended massage place Massage Corner on our first night in Krabi but ended up less than satisfied.

Thus decided to scout around for another parlour since nothing to lose if it is equally not satisfying.

We walked along the main road and came across Sunset Massage which professed to be the Best Massage in Ao Nang. It looks decent, occupying the whole 2nd level of a building & so we tried it on our second night.

And it is really good!!!

The 3 adults had Thai massage and all agreed that it was better than Massage Corner.

My husband and I both had male masseurs and they customised their techniques according to our needs. With long deep strokes, they really relax all our muscles. And knowing that I can take greater pressure and is quite flexible, my masseur Deng used slightly different techniques to ensure I can get a better massage on subsequent visits.

My two girls of 6 & 10 both had oil massage and they like it a lot too :)

In all our 6 nights stay in Krabi, we visited Sunset Massage 4 times. They had a guest book and we read the reviews of many satisfied customers while sipping the fruit tea served at the end of our massage.

But don't expect massage beds and cubicles. It is a fully air-con environment but the mattresses are on the floor, divided by curtains. And when couples do it together, they will open the dividing curtains. Soothing music played in the background, and the staff is always friendly and prompt.

My girls beaded their hair on our last night, and the rate charged by Sunset Massage is about 25-30% cheaper than a roadside stall we enquired with earlier.

The rates:
- Thai massage: 250
- Oil massage: 300
- Hair beading: 600 (short hair - full head), 900 (waist length hair - full head)

They have quite a few male masseurs so females should state their preference upfront if they are not comfortable having a masseur of a different gender.

If you like strong hard Thai massage, asked for Deng and Tai. Given my husband's bigger frame, Tai incorporated walks & small hops on my hubby's back to really loosen the joints.

My family of 5 really enjoyed our almost daily massage at Sunset. The next time I go back to Krabi, I will try their 3-hour spa or even go for a 2-hour Thai massage as Deng had recommended.

No harm for you to give it a try too since its rates are definitely comparable with the others.

Visited December 2012