“Ao Nang's best Diveshop” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 50 Activities in Ao Nang
5.0 of 5 stars 147 Reviews
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are thinking about travel in Thailand, then diving in Thailand is something you should try.The Dive Ao Nang is a quality minded PADI dive center in Ao Nang, Krabi, Thailand. As a diver, we will give you the best possible service and experience.We can offer you diving that is rich in marine life, corals and colors. Our Dive Trips are mainly around Koh Phi Phi, but we can also provide other locations, such as: Similans islands, Hin Daeng, Hin Meuang, Shark point and Ao Nang local islands.Our Courses are PADI dive courses, which is the most popular dive organisation in the world. With a PADI certification, you can dive anywhere in the world. The Dive Ao Nang Team speaks English, Thai, Danish and German.
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Ao Nang's best Diveshop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

A first class, very professional and caring company. Liz. Bjorn and Pum are all friendly and went out of their way to ensure I had a memorable, enjoyable, and relaxed day diving in the Andaman Sea. Their equipment was fitted with care, and was all new and of high quality - far better than that usually found in dive shops. Their care extended from the shop, onto the dive boat via the longtails, and throughout the day. The dive briefings were thorough, covered all aspects of the dive, from safety procedures, to what creatures we were likely to see, and my guide Claire did so well with spotting all the interesting things I easily would have missed. The dive boat itself was excellent, with plenty of seating area, and good food and refreshments provided throughout the day.
I would thoroughly recommend The Dive, Ao Nang to anybody looking for a great day's diving.

Visited February 2013
aonangcookie, Manager at The Dive Ao Nang, responded to this review, March 7, 2013

We are happy you liked the diving and all. We are looking forward to see you again here in Ao Nang for more diving.

• Thai first
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome. Best snorkel trip I've taken.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

After reading good Trip Advisor reviews we stopped into The Dive & booked a snorkel trip to Phi Phi. Pum was so friendly and very professional. We were fitted for equipment in the shop and they use great quality masks & fins not cheap gear that some places have. On the boat you're given a life jacket for the snorkelling if you wish. You don't have to wear it but its good if you just want to float in the water for a bit.

Our trip left reasonably early so you're ahead of most of the other tours & we were taken to quieter dive/snorkel spots. The service you receive is amazing. The crew sat with us & explained where we would snorkel and showed pictures of what marine life we're likely to see. "Look for the small details" was their advice & i saw soooo much plus your group is small and they point things out. Our first snorkel we saw so many different fish i lost count and there was only our boat At that spot so it wasnt crowded. The second snorkel we saw turtles and more fish. If you wanted to try diving under the water our guide gave tips on how to dive, clear your snorkel and equalise...it was great.

The boat is big but not cramped. There's water, tea & coffee all day. Toast, Fresh fruit & lunch are included. Other drinks can be purchased. On our way home they played a movie of the day which you could purchase. I didn't but now I wish I had brought the dvd. It was such a great day I can't wait to return.

Absolute must do. You get what you pay for, other excursions are cheap and you're jammed on a boat like sardines. For 1,900 baht we had an amazing day that was worth every penny.

lertlid, Owner at The Dive Ao Nang, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear AndyF_NZ
Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy you enjoined the day with The Dive Ao Nang.
Your Review help us improve our quality and services.
We will continue provide the best services and quality to all our customers.
We hope to see you with The Dive Ao Nang again soon.
Beijing, China
“Awesome small dive shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I booked with The Dive before arriving in Krabi and was not disappointed. Their communication was prompt and clear. When I arrived, the shop was easy to find and the staff was helpful. On the dive day, as others have said I was picket up from my hostel and returned at the end of the day. Despite having to change to a new dive boat when the one we were scheduled to use was not available, they found space on a high quality boat. Lic was professional and very personable, making me feel very comfortable as a new diver. I will definitely use them again if I'm back in Krabi.

lertlid, Owner at The Dive Ao Nang, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear beachgirlrh
Thank you very much for your review. We very appreciate your kind words.
Your review help us improve our services and quality. We will continue provide best services and quality for all customers.
We hope to dive with you again soon.
kuala lumpur
5 attraction reviews
“Personal touch & top notch equipment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I Planned a trip to Krabi from 14 to 17th of feb. Sent out an email to The Dive & almost immediately received a reply from Bjorn - one of the owners. Decided then & there to book a 3 dive trip on 15th of feb. I was picked up from my resort on time & boarded a nice boat heading to phiphi island. It was a small group totalling not more than 11 people on board.Light refreshments ( coffee / tea / toast ) was provided on board the double decker vessel. The equipments used were quite new & in good condition especially the suit & flippers/mask. Claire, the divemaster was very attentive to our dive site details / route before & after each dive & constantly refering to the marine charts for any querries we had.

Scheduled for 3 dives at Maya wall, Kho Bida nok & Viking Bay. The last stop turned out to be fantastic where amongst the man-made reef we sighted a lone enormous baracuda. The icing on the cake was a giant garoupa at least 1.25m long was seen searching for a "Condo" on the artificial reef & we were not more than 5 meters from it while admiring this graceful fish. All of us were amazed.

When we arrived back on shore, again everything was taken care of & we were sent back to our hotels promptly.

I can say that i couldnt have asked for a better diving experience with The Dive Aonang & I sincerely hope to dive with them again on my next visit to Krabi which i can say is not soon enough.

Thank you again to The Dive. Khob Jai Na.

lertlid, Owner at The Dive Ao Nang, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Paul I
thank you very much for your review. We are very glad you are satisfied with our service.
Your review help us improve our quality and services. We will continue provide the best quality and services for all our customers.
We hope you will get back to us and enjoy the under water world with The Dive Ao Nang again soon.
Krasnoyarsk, Russia
“The best place to choose in search of diving and snorkeling of high quality.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

People that are working in The Dive Ao Nang has led me on my way from desire to get acquainted with life of the sea to desire to become a professional diver.

It started, when my boyfriend and I decided to try snorkeling, while planning my trip and time in Krabi. Being here i was in search of a tour to best local places for snorkeling. I was lucky to come into The Dive Ao Nang. Now I know that if you want diving or snorkeling of high quality you should not go to tour agency, you should go directly to those who does it every day. I'll explain why you'd better chose this place.

First, they are professionals. We were given all information we needed ( what exact places we are going to snorkel, how many dives, how long) very clear. During the trip we were given clear instructions what we should do and what we shouldn't for our safety. We were prepared to what we could see, what is normal and what is a good luck.

Second, they pay attention to important details. Preparing to the tour we have discussed all the personal details, contacts and chosen the equipment that fits us best ( fins, masks, snorkels).

And the last but most important, they are leaders in what they do. They "infected" us with love and interest to the world underwater. They shared philosophy of taking care of sealife and nature, shared their knowledge on ecology. My view of that world had a great change.

Special thanks to Bjorn, great member of Tha Dive Ao Nang team, Diving master and great person. He carried us on our way from people that want to try to people that want to live this way.

aonangcookie, Manager at The Dive Ao Nang, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. It was nice to get to know you both and your friends the last day.
You are welcome again any time
Bjørn