“Good food - reasonable prices” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 157 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse, Swiss, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Wanna’s Place Restaurant located direct at the beachfront of ao nang with breathtaking view to the andaman seaproviding varieties of Thai and Swiss dishes.SPECIAL"STEAK ON HOT STONE"
Great Sutton
“Good food - reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good food. Reasonable prices. Waitress service excellent. Always busy so get their early as they don't take rerservations.

Visited December 2012

Australia
“Finally”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

After a few days in ao nang, we have finally found a restaurant where the food and service were excellent. We chose from the Thai menu and enjoyed each dish. We will Definately return and probably give those hot plate steaks a go, they looked amazing (and I usually stay clear of beef in Thailand).

Highly recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best in Ao Nang”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Ate at Wanna's in January. Found it already well regarded on Trip Advisor. After a short wait in the reception area of the hotel Wanna's is connected to we were shown to our table. (be aware you cannot book) All the staff were attentive and the service was excellent. I had the steak which came on a hot plate so that I could personally cook each piece to my preference. It was great and came with 3 side sauces /dips, onions and fries. Couldnt knock anything about it. My girlfriend ordered a Thai massaman curry and was equally impressed. This was our most expensive meal in Ao Nang but we both agreed it was well worth it and we would have returned if time allowed.

KL
“Great place for steak, but the wrong seat ruins everything”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I'm not usually a person who writes long comments. But for the common good, I have to share this.

No doubt the place is good for steak, I have the pleasure of taking the first few bites of my ribeye (it tasted heavenly) before it goes overcook. (I'll explain this further)

Story goes like this, I was there with my girlfriend to celebrate our early-valentine dinner and we sat at the table just beside the entrance (not sure back or front, but it was facing the window but can't see the sunset)

And that seat ruins everything.

Firstly, there isn't any fan/air cond near that seat, therefore, the flies (3 or 4 of them) come flocking around our table when the steak is served on a hotstone. The flies were such a nuisance until I have to wave my arms around every few seconds just to make sure it didn't land on my food. Because of this, I didn't manage to tend to my steak (which sadly became overcook in few minutes time). The meat became rough and tasteless. Totally ruin the dinner.

While girlfriend, has to remove the steak from the hotstone in the optimum time, so her beef were spot on, but with at the EXPENSE OF THE FLIES LANDED ON HER SIDE DISHES AND MEAT. I felt totally disgusted by this.

Plus, have I mention about the ventilation? Since there were no fan or anything to cool us of, coupled with the hotstone steak (it's bloody hot) made our time here totally warm. And I mean SUPER HOT type of warm. Me and my girlfriend literally sweat till half of our shirt wet.

Though, I'm pretty sure other seats in the restaurant would not have this problem, but seriously, the management need to do something with this table that I'm talking about.

I'll come back again, but definitely won't be sitting at the table that I've mentioned.
Absolutely disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stephanscheidegger, Owner at Wanna's Place, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you very much for such compliments about our successful steak dish. It has turned out to be a very popular dish, and it seems that customers enjoy being able to ensure that their steak is done exactly to their taste.

We are aware of the less than optimum table next to the entrance, and have a 'full on' fan for the use of that table during the daytime now. But we do feel the need to point out that the guest was informed before seating, of the potential 'flock of 3 or 4 flies' problem, and that we advised such and offered the choice of other tables. The alternative table option was open during the period of the entire meal, and we would have been happy to transfer the customer to another table with a minimum fuss, just a few seconds to transfer.

So we are keen to assure our customers that we have done everything in our power (over 400 million years of fly-evolution) to minimise disruption from flies. With respect to the sunset however, it has been happening around 6pm every evening for the last 4 billion years or so, and it is beyond even our abilities to change that.
Ulstrup, Viborg, Denmark
“Best steak in months”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

First off I want to excuse the that I only gave 4 stars. Its not the food but only that is was hot and their wasn't enough fans. For a 5 star review everything has to be near perfect.
I ordered their recommended hot stone sirloin steak. The owner came with the steak himself and waiter placed a Wanna's place apron around me. The steak was neatly placed on a wooden board with a hot stone for steak and different bowls for the 3 different kinds of sauce. The idea is to slice the rare steak and let each piece sizzle until preferred state. The steak was tender and juicy. The hot stone had a perfect temperature. Very nice experience in a country where a good steak is rare.

• Visited December 2012