“2 star hotel with 4 star rooms” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach

You added Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123 Moo 3 | Ao Nang Beach, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #13 of 92 Hotels in Ao Nang
“2 star hotel with 4 star rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

its a good property . spacious rooms which comes with a bad service.
i am surprised to see people are rating this hotel 5 as well.
no regrets with the room but its surely not even a 3 star hotel. they have a very limited staff in every aspect of the hotel.
i stayed here for 3 days . here is my detailed story goes .....
i entered hotel and they offered me a room saying this is a best in deluxe categories its a corner room 2212 . room was good i just loved it. i came back and wanted to close the room but i was bout to make a booking through hotel.com and the reception guy refused to offer me that room if i pay through hotel.com. i loved the room it was a corner with extra space. i took that room.
INTERNET Doesnt work in room #2212
they told the internet is available in the room . After 3-4 hours i realized the internet is not working . i asked them to send there engineer to fix the net but he refused saying there IT guy duty is till 5 pm . that came to me after making several calls to reception .
CHEATING.....
since my net wasnt working i went to reception to make an urgent overseas call back home . they told me the bill is 360 batts ( 60 usd ) for 4 mins . i signed the voucher and left. the day i checked out . i got a bill for overseas call of 540 batts ( 90 usd ) . i asked for voucher they too 1 hour to produce the voucher . and in that voucher there was a cutting done . then they agreed to make the call bill to 360 batts.
ZERO SERVICE... AFTER 9 PM
if you call them for anything they will keep on say yes sir we are sending xyz but they will never . after day or 2 i went all the way to reception when i waited for my daughters Spaghetti for 2 hours. then i learnt there is only 2 people in the hotel . 1 at reception taking calls and 1 security guard . next morning when i talked to the manager blanca she said we have lack of staff . and she offered me 15% discount coz lack of internet in my room.
SWIMMING POOL
worst service in pool bar. coz of lack of staff pool bar is just for show off. they get drink from there main bar next to reception. more pain is when u r in pool and u have to find people to order food and drink.
Swimming pool is made in such a way that it is attached to pool villa . you cannot swim straight. the breath of the pool is not more that 18 feet .
CHECKOUT :
We waited for the bell boy for literally 3 hours to get our luggage down to reception . they were check-in people then we discovered that there are only 2 bell boy in this hotel.
i have spend more time at reception of finding staff then in my room.
people who have given this hotel 4 or 5 star rating must be visiting thailand for the first time.
thailand is means hospitality which was clearly missing in this hotel.
i will never recommend this hotel for people who do night life or sleep or eat or do anything after 8 pm .
Manager bianca told me that this is a local holiday inn chain not the holiday inn which we have in back of our mind.
i can write more but dont wanna waist more time on this hotel.

FIND OTHER OPTIONS

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sandra K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Mohit,

Thank you for taking the time to share your very comprehensive feedback with us, much appreciated.

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our spacious guest room product. On the other hand we are extremely disappointed with the lack of service experience you have shared with us. This is certainly not a reflection of the high standard of service we aim to achieve.

The Resort has recently been re-branded to Holiday Inn, we are working through the implementation of certain standards with the Resort Team and are in the process of recruiting additinal employees as we near the completion of the new Wing.

During your recent stay with us, unfortunately, we experienced an extended power outage, which affected the entire Ao Nang Region, which caused disruptions to the internet system.

Once again I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback, it is through opportunities like these we can continue to improve our guest services.

Please do stay in touch with us, it would be wonderful if you have the opportunity to visit our Resort again in the future post the completion of the new wing and see first hand the improved standards and services.

Sandra Kloprogge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Best place to stay in aao nang, krabi at a reasonable price. Beautiful property and well maintained, the rooms are spacious and have a direct pool access . The food spread can be improvised on though . The location of the property is great with beach access just across the road .

Dear Karishmakalro,

Delighted to hear you enjoyed our Resort and all it's facilities during your recent stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Please do stay in touch with us and we hope to welcome you back to our Resort in the near future.

Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Checked in for 2 nights, we were given grand deluxe even though we booked deluxe room. Thanks Holiday Inn for the room upgrade. Cant say much about the room where we found it far enough to accommodate 2 person. We arrived early and there allow us to check in as the room is ready. Big balcony which you can let your children play around, comfy bed, nice bathroom and i love the room concept - combination of timber and raw cement. For the tv, i think HI should upgrade to at least 42' instead of current size 32'. Location wise, bit far from Ao Nang busiest area but for us no problem as we love to walk and enjoying the journey. You can opt for tuk-tuk cost 20 bth per person. Wifi connectivity not so good, where sometime i cant upload my photo to facebook.

For muslims who are very fussy about what they eat, you should remove this hotel from your list as they serve pork in breakfast menu. There are dozen hotels out there serves halal food. I dont know they serve pork. i understood that they are not serving halal food which i'm okay as long as no pork being served.

Overall after minus the food, im blessed to be there especially because of the room upgrade. 3 days in Krabi and raining everyday, most of the time we spent our time in the room. Maybe will go again in my next visit to Krabi.

Dear CabaiPerawit,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive review with us, greatly appreciated.

Delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed your spacious guest room experience.

Your feedback regarding our breakfast selection is noted, we offer a variety of food items to accommodate guests from all cultural backgrounds.

Please do stay in touch with us and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Likes:
1. Room - Contemporary room design with huge beds and a wonderful bathroom with bathtub and rain shower. Good selection of international tv channels
2. Nice pool area
3. Decent breakfast spread
4. Quick check-in with a refreshing welcome drink
5. Reliable airport transfer service
6. Excellent value

Dislike:
1. Location is a short tuk tuk ride from the centre of Ao Nang beach where the shops, restaurants and tour counters are located. If you choose to walk, that might take about 10-15 minutes.

Conclusion - probably the best resort in the whole of Ao Nang with an overall relaxing/spa-like ambience and nice rooms. Great choice for a relaxing holiday!

• Stayed June 2013
Sandra K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear "Pinkpepper123"

Thank you for providing such a positive and detailed review and I am really delighted that you feel we are the number one choice of resort in the area! It is great that you have enjoyed all aspects of your stay and I hope you will have the chance to visit again soon

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Arrived without reservation and took a superior room which is really a suite with huge verandah.very reasonable price including good breakfast choice and cheap happy hour.staff friendly and attentive.lots of kids present so it can be a little noisy near the excellent pool.they are building a large new wing next to existing block so there is some building noise and you can see it but didnt affect our stay and represented fantastic value.the new wing is due to open november and should make the stay even better as they plan to separate families from couples with their own pools etc.good location dont bother with krabi village resort as its in a state of decline.

• Stayed June 2013
Sandra K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear "wisetrav_13"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am really pleased that you have had such an enjoyable stay with us. It is wonderful that you have found the guest rooms to be of such a high standard and your comments on the quality of the breakfast, the great value Happy Hours and, in particular, the service from the staff throughout the resort are very much appreciated indeed.

I am very glad that you experienced no disruption from the construction of our new building, as we have made great effort to ensure the scheduling has been done with the comfort and convenience of our guests in mind. I hope you will have the chance to visit again after November and experience our great new product!

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I only had a short time in Krabi, but I was very pleased with my choice of hotel. The room was very spacious, clean and fresh. Decor was a mixture of timber and polished concrete, stylish without being overdone, had everything I could have wanted. Very comfortable sleep.

Staff were uniformly friendly and helpful without overdoing it. The open-air (but covered!) reception and restaurant were attractive and welcoming, and ideal for the climate, even though it did rain a lot during my stay - maybe that's why I didn't notice any noise from building activity.

I had dinner at the restaurant and it was good - I can't comment on breakfast, the lure of the local roti pancake stalls was too strong...

The biggest surprise for me was the in-house prices - they were actually fairly reasonable! Even the mini-bar prices were in many cases not far off what local shops were charging. If I could make one suggestion here - I do prefer to see nett prices rather than "++" pricing.

I expected my experience here to be good, but my expectations were exceeded - hope to be back soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Sandra K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear "BVC2"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay so much. Your feedback with regards the high standard of the guest rooms and the friendly service from the team throughout the hotel are greatly appreciated, and I am glad that you experienced no disruption from the construction of our new wing (which is now mostly complete and due to open in November).

Your comments on the quality of the restaurant for dinner and the great value prices we offer in all areas are also well received, thank you, and I will be sure to share your review with the team here.

We do hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon. Please stay in touch and let us know how we can be of assistance.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Diverted to Krabi to take advantage of excellent Priorityclub pointbreak redemption rate.
Check in was professional although staff failed to acknowledge my Platinum status, the duty manager Morgan, did however, take time out to introduce himself which was a nice touch.
( Morgan was from HI Phuket, providing holiday cover for the General Manager)

Room was functional, all the usual HI amenities. Welcome card and bowl of fruit from the manager was appreciated but remained untouched, due to no plates or knife supplied to cut the fruit.

The pool is the real star of the show at this hotel, it is a shame that there is constant noise pollution from the construction of a new wing for the hotel, I appreciate this is unavoidable, but it is annoying.

Breakfast on the first morning of my stay was a disaster, however, it does seem someone is taking an interest at last, given previous poor reviews. Breakfast gradually improved and was much better towards the end of my stay without being spectacular, I suspect Morgan is gradually importing some of the excellent standards that the HI Phuket is renowned for.

All in all an enjoyable stay, will perhaps return when the new wing is completed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sandra K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear "dromedaan"

Thank you for taking the time to share your very constructive feedback with us. Being only recently re-branded to a Holiday Inn, there are certain standards we are working through with the team to implement consistently, and I am sorry that you were not given due recognition as a Platinum member on check-in. This also applies to our breakfast buffet, and I am happy that you have seen some positive improvement in this area over the course of your stay as the team here is working hard to refresh all of our food and beverage standards.

With regards the renovation adjacent to the hotel, you are unfortunately correct that this is unavoidable, but we have taken every effort to ensure the disruption is minimal, and I do apologize for any inconvenience caused. You will be pleased to know that the construction phase is mostly complete, and in November we will open our brand new rooms, including Kid's Suites and Family Suites, with a totally fresh new look and feel.

It would be fantastic if you were able to visit us again after November to see the new wing, and of course generally improved standards in all aspects of the hotel operation as the team becomes more established. Please feel free to stay in touch with me directly and let me know if I may be of any assistance.

Sandra Kloprogge

Been to Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach? Share your experiences!