“Done right” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach

You added Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123 Moo 3 | Ao Nang Beach, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #13 of 92 Hotels in Ao Nang
Perth, Australia
“Done right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I only had a short time in Krabi, but I was very pleased with my choice of hotel. The room was very spacious, clean and fresh. Decor was a mixture of timber and polished concrete, stylish without being overdone, had everything I could have wanted. Very comfortable sleep.

Staff were uniformly friendly and helpful without overdoing it. The open-air (but covered!) reception and restaurant were attractive and welcoming, and ideal for the climate, even though it did rain a lot during my stay - maybe that's why I didn't notice any noise from building activity.

I had dinner at the restaurant and it was good - I can't comment on breakfast, the lure of the local roti pancake stalls was too strong...

The biggest surprise for me was the in-house prices - they were actually fairly reasonable! Even the mini-bar prices were in many cases not far off what local shops were charging. If I could make one suggestion here - I do prefer to see nett prices rather than "++" pricing.

I expected my experience here to be good, but my expectations were exceeded - hope to be back soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Sandra K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear "BVC2"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay so much. Your feedback with regards the high standard of the guest rooms and the friendly service from the team throughout the hotel are greatly appreciated, and I am glad that you experienced no disruption from the construction of our new wing (which is now mostly complete and due to open in November).

Your comments on the quality of the restaurant for dinner and the great value prices we offer in all areas are also well received, thank you, and I will be sure to share your review with the team here.

We do hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon. Please stay in touch and let us know how we can be of assistance.

Sandra Kloprogge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Diverted to Krabi to take advantage of excellent Priorityclub pointbreak redemption rate.
Check in was professional although staff failed to acknowledge my Platinum status, the duty manager Morgan, did however, take time out to introduce himself which was a nice touch.
( Morgan was from HI Phuket, providing holiday cover for the General Manager)

Room was functional, all the usual HI amenities. Welcome card and bowl of fruit from the manager was appreciated but remained untouched, due to no plates or knife supplied to cut the fruit.

The pool is the real star of the show at this hotel, it is a shame that there is constant noise pollution from the construction of a new wing for the hotel, I appreciate this is unavoidable, but it is annoying.

Breakfast on the first morning of my stay was a disaster, however, it does seem someone is taking an interest at last, given previous poor reviews. Breakfast gradually improved and was much better towards the end of my stay without being spectacular, I suspect Morgan is gradually importing some of the excellent standards that the HI Phuket is renowned for.

All in all an enjoyable stay, will perhaps return when the new wing is completed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sandra K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear "dromedaan"

Thank you for taking the time to share your very constructive feedback with us. Being only recently re-branded to a Holiday Inn, there are certain standards we are working through with the team to implement consistently, and I am sorry that you were not given due recognition as a Platinum member on check-in. This also applies to our breakfast buffet, and I am happy that you have seen some positive improvement in this area over the course of your stay as the team here is working hard to refresh all of our food and beverage standards.

With regards the renovation adjacent to the hotel, you are unfortunately correct that this is unavoidable, but we have taken every effort to ensure the disruption is minimal, and I do apologize for any inconvenience caused. You will be pleased to know that the construction phase is mostly complete, and in November we will open our brand new rooms, including Kid's Suites and Family Suites, with a totally fresh new look and feel.

It would be fantastic if you were able to visit us again after November to see the new wing, and of course generally improved standards in all aspects of the hotel operation as the team becomes more established. Please feel free to stay in touch with me directly and let me know if I may be of any assistance.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel provides everything that is needed to make a vacation - a perfect vacation. The rooms are awesome with a large pool facing balcony equipped with more than required pool furniture. The bath tub and shower are separate and the multitude of bath accessories complements the bath experience. The pool is huge. The decor at the lobby is tastefully done which provides an open air look. Located hardly a 100 meters from the long tail boat stand. So, it is very convenient to visit Rayleigh beach. We didn't dine at the hotel. There is a variety of seafood restaurants and street food options near to the hotel. Also located very near to the noppar thara beach from where one has to board boats for day tours. The only drawback that I felt was that the breakfast was a bit highly priced.

Room Tip: From the highest floor rooms, you can get a good sea view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sandra K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear "c_b_goel"

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and I am happy read that you have had a perfect vacation and en enjoyable stay with us in Krabi. I very6 much appreciate your positive feedback with regards the high standard of the guest rooms, the great pool facilities and our very convenient location, and your comment on the price is well noted, thank you.

Please stay in touch when you are planning your trip and let us know how we can be of help

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The room was clean and spacious, looked exactly like the pictures on the website. Breakfast was simple but had a good selection. Location is away from the main town area but still convienent with minimarts and restaurants nearby. The beach is just right in front of the hotel but that section does not look very clean. The swimming pool at the hotel was good, love the Happy Hour at the pool bar. It was a very pleasant stay and would definitely recommend to friends. However, there were a lot of mosquitoes around, so have to be prepared with insect repellents.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear "TaiKaiYen"

Thank you for taking the time to share your very positive review with us and I am delighted to note that, overall, you have had such an enjoyable stay with us. In particular, your comments with regards the standard of the guest rooms, the breakfast buffet and the convenient location are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share your feedback with the team here at the hotel.

Please do stay in touch with us when you are planning your next visit and let us know how we can be of help!

South Shields, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great location, clean spacious rooms, lovely communal areas with great friendly staff. Short walk to ao nang with restaurants and shops on way. Sea was a bit merky due to rainy season but perfectly safe to swim. Lovely trips around the islands, emerald pool, hot springs and elephant rides really worth trying. Pool towels provided daily also complimentry water in room.ate in hotel a few times little more expensive but worth the extra. Good variety at breakfast. Would stay again

Room Tip: We didn't have a swim up room but they did look worth paying the extra.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sandra K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear "Karen A A"

Thank you for your 5 STAR review and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am delighted you have had such an enjoyable stay and that you appreciated so much the general hotel facilities and the convenient location. Your comments on the prices in our restaurants is well received, and I am happy that found the breakfast to be of good quality and variety.

We do look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit. Please stay in touch and let us know how we can be of assistance!

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

About 30 minutes from the airport. The beach is just in the front across the road but I'm not sure if you want to swim in the water - not exactly clean looking. The rooms on the ground floor have direct access to the swimming pool. There is a minimart right in front on the left hand side and a few restaurants within a short walking distance in that direction. Apparently you could catch the longboats/speedboats on the shore next to the seafood restaurant down the road. A few places to readily provide tour packages to the islands, etc. around the area. You could catch a ride in the back of an open air pick up truck style taxi to the night market area, the last ride back from town is at 8PM. You could also catch a ride with the motorcycle style taxi to the town area about 5 minutes down the road or you could walk. They have fast food and Starbucks there too. About 40 minutes from areas like the hot spring/tiger cave/emerald pool areas. Watch out for the local mynah birds when having your meals at the open air restaurant. The rooms don't have bottle openers but you could easily go to the bar to get your alcoholic beverages opened. The shower head could use some cleaning as the water shoots everywhere. The staff are friendly. Directly behind the hotel is a swamp-like stream. To the right at this time there is construction work going on which looks like an extension of the hotel, not sure. An OK stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandra K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear "Archie_deGato"

Thank you for taking the time to provide such helpful and detailed feedback, and I am pleased that, overall, your stay with us has been satisfactory. You are correct in noting that the building next door, which is now almost complete, is part of our hotel and we are very excited to be opening over 100 brand new family-focused rooms, as well as 2 new pools and "Kid Land" by November of this year. I am also pleased that the building works has not disrupted your stay.

It seems that you have been satisfied with the convenient location of the hotel, the general hotel facilities and the service from the staff, and I thank you for your further comments which I will follow up with the team as part of our continuous improvement process.

I do hope you will have the opportunity in future to travel back to Krabi and experience our great new rooms - please let us know if there is ever anything with which we can help!

Sandar Kloprogge
KL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

He have checked in since 31st May and stayed for 3 nights.
The pictures in their web came out exactly as for real.
Having a small baby with spacious room really helps a lot. Morning breakfast was average. You may get basic breakfast such as bread, scrambled eggs, juices and etc. The pool was really the best part of all. Tour and other activities were made easy for reservation since the counter just located at the lobby itself. Room service was average. If you need a ride to the other area, the services are just a walking distance from the hotel. The staff even willing to stop the "tuk-tuk" for you.

The down side was that, if you want to go to the beach, you need to cross the road which located about 500 meters from the hotel's entrance. The worst part, the are ongoing construction next to the Hotel. They are actually working daily even on SUNDAY. The noises came from it was really annoying. Other than that, the hotel is just magnificent! Perhaps we will visit agaon once the construction next door completed.

• Stayed June 2013
Sandra K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear "fahmyzs"

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your feedback. It is great to note that your room was amply spacious for your and your family and that you all really enjoyed the pool facilities. Your comments on the breakfast variety are well noted and you will be pleased to know that we are in the process of reviewing our breakfast offer.

i do apologize for any inconvenience caused by the building next door, althoughthe construction phase is almost now completely finished and we are looking forward to opening our new rooms and "Kid Land" by November of this year.

Please do stay in touch when you are planning your next visit and let us know how we can help!

Sandra Kloprogge

Been to Holiday Inn Krabi Ao Nang Beach? Share your experiences!